Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one with the price change is interesting. It has the same exact equipment list as the one I am getting, same year, approx 10K fewer miles and priced $10K higher (new price). Makes perfect sense, actually.

I agree, I got pretty much the same config for 66k but my CPO is 26k miles and this one has 15k fewer miles. I would say the price is justified but I wouldn't pay the price difference if given the opportunity, others may feel differently.

I agree, I got pretty much the same config for 66k but my CPO is 26k miles and this one has 15k fewer miles. I would say the price is justified but I wouldn't pay the price difference if given the opportunity, others may feel differently.

I will take the $1 per mile discount all day long for the same age car with the same equipment. Find me one with 100k miles and just give it to me for free :biggrin:

This pattern I find interesting.
Four P85+ sold 95K average price in the last two evenings in Washington DC.
That's not far off base P85D money (with rebate).
No other cars sold in that location, even though there is a nice P85 for good price...

It may be that the dealers are taking them off? Maybe re-evaluate pricing? Otherwise it really doesn't make sense unless some folks really can't wait for a brand new car...

If anybody is "in the know" I'd love to see what these two option codes mean:

BS00 NOBULL00
BS01 YESBULL00

Thank you so much for your awesome tool. The best I can tell is that the "BS" option is "Blind Spot Sensor Package." Some used car listings (non-CPO's) have cited this (here is one example: 2013 Tesla Model S 60 Kwh - White On Tan Interior Panoramic Sunroof - Used Tesla Model S for sale in Winnipeg, Manitoba | autobia.com). If true, only very new cars should have "BS01" as the rumor is that the future blind spot detection/lane change requires some extra hardware, perhaps additional sensors which will be or are only on recent builds. Have you ever seen a "BS01" option on your consolidator? If the above it true, is should be as rare as the auto-pilot versions, and perhaps even more rare. Inspecting older car records from user postings on the web (including my own, see signature), the "BSxx" option is not even listed. The CPO site is using the most recent option list even if the options did not exist when the car was built.

P.S. The only mention of "NOBULL" and "YESBULL" is only on that option decoder site, and their TMC posting indicates they didn't know what BS meant, so I'm guessing the "BULL" part was just made up, and this is related to Blind Spot detection.

I'm a buyer on low mile under 25k well equipped P85 for 63-64k and maybe 66k for a P85+
that's the ceiling for me on a buy. If needed i'll wait a few months as it's coming to that level soon.

Consider 110k msrp 2013 Mercedes S550 sells for 54-57 retail and the MS should only be 7-9k above that max.

Last edited:
I highly recommend interested buyers to call or go to there local gallery to inquire about available CPO cars. The website is not 100% up to date and there are likely to be available cars that never make the website
Can a local store/gallery now see out of region cars? A week or two before the CPO site went live, one of the guys at the local store said they could only see New York region inventory/CPO cars. Has that changed with the launch of the public CPO site?

Can a local store/gallery now see out of region cars? A week or two before the CPO site went live, one of the guys at the local store said they could only see New York region inventory/CPO cars. Has that changed with the launch of the public CPO site?

Back in March, I sat in a Florida showroom as my Owner Advisor searched each region for a suitable car. The system preselects their region, but they can click the equivalent of "go up one tier" button and to the top level view, which is the region view. Then they can pick a region and then add filters to search that region. Different user interface, but works very similarly to the CPO site.

I'm a buyer on low mile under 25k well equipped P85 for 63-64k and maybe 66k for a P85+
that's the ceiling for me on a buy. If needed i'll wait a few months as it's coming to that level soon.

Consider 110k msrp 2013 Mercedes S550 sells for 54-57 retail and the MS should only be 7-9k above that max.

Your reasoning is sound and people have already bought 2013 P85s for the mid 60s. There might already be some cars for you in that price range. If not wait a month or two and you should be able to find one.

How Are The CPO Sales Going For Tesla? - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

Gee, I wonder if he really "wrote a small program" or just published information fron my CPO consolidator (and without any credit)?

I seriously doubt "Valueseeker" knows HTML, Javascript, and AJAX well enough to "write a small program" to collect his data. It was not a trivial exercise to figure out how the TM CPO site works, and then reverse engineer the JSON returned to extract all the data that I am pulling.

I am sure he is using your program. So have I, although I have provided a link to it if not in the same comment, at least within the thread. I think the data shows clearly that with no marketing or real effort, and just social media "buzz" that Tesla can sell pretty much as many used Model S as it cares to below $60k and maybe below $70k. I thing the demand for Model 3 is probably hard to measure, but is pretty huge.

Interesting that the author takes the same data (which "coincidently" starts when yours does) and draws the opposite conclusion.

The other thing he is missing is the number of people waiting on the sidelines until the supercharger network is more built out, and the number of people who have already decided on Model S and Model X, but are waiting for their lease to end or some other event in their car ownership cycle to occur.

If Tesla has any problem in the intermediate term, it is the strong US Dollar and the potential impact that has on foreign sales and/or margins on foreign sales.