Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Low mileage is good, but remember once you hit 50K you have no option of the extended warranty as a second owner (since it was sold to a dealer). I just got a trade-in quote from Tesla for mine (see signature below for specs) and they offered $45K at 51,000 miles.

I would think a higher mileage CPO (with full CPO warranty) might be a better deal for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's one for $51K.

Low mileage is good, but remember once you hit 50K you have no option of the extended warranty as a second owner (since it was sold to a dealer). I just got a trade-in quote from Tesla for mine (see signature below for specs) and they offered $45K at 51,000 miles.

I would think a higher mileage CPO (with full CPO warranty) might be a better deal for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's one for $51K.

Red and blue are the two colors that I am not crazy about, but for a decent price I could be swayed.

Looks like a fairly good deal...and another $6k off in Colorado. If only it had the panoramic roof!

Yeah like hashraf said, not really a good price.

I just created an 85D with the following add on and still ended up lower than that 85D

85D with Premium Interior,
Smart Air suspension
Panoramic

comes out to be $82.2K for me since I am in CA after referrals

So definitely solidifying my point on how the CPO Teslas are way over priced. I guess Tesla is in no hurry to get rid of them. I mean the Model X is essentially delayed again. 5 Model Xs at the end of September release date just to meet what Musk said about release date. I don't count that as a release. I am not sure if there is any more Model X release since then. My guess is they are still working to get the Model X production up. In the meantime Tesla will continue to keep the prices high on these CPO to encourage more people to buy new so they can meet their 50-55K cars this year which I think a lot of people now are doubting if they are going to include Model X in those numbers.

Yeah like hashraf said, not really a good price.

I just created an 85D with the following add on and still ended up lower than that 85D

85D with Premium Interior,
Smart Air suspension
Panoramic

comes out to be $82.2K for me since I am in CA after referrals

So definitely solidifying my point on how the CPO Teslas are way over priced. I guess Tesla is in no hurry to get rid of them. I mean the Model X is essentially delayed again. 5 Model Xs at the end of September release date just to meet what Musk said about release date. I don't count that as a release. I am not sure if there is any more Model X release since then. My guess is they are still working to get the Model X production up. In the meantime Tesla will continue to keep the prices high on these CPO to encourage more people to buy new so they can meet their 50-55K cars this year which I think a lot of people now are doubting if they are going to include Model X in those numbers.

You left out a few more options that are included. When I price it out, I get:
Model S 85D $85,000
Red Multi-Coat Paint $1,500
19" Silver Cyclone Wheels $2,500
Tan Next Generation Seats $2,500
Glossy Obeche Wood Décor $750
Autopilot Convenience Features $2,500
Premium Interior and Lighting $3,000
Smart Air Suspension $2,500
Ultra High Fidelity Sound $2,500
Subzero Weather Package $1,000
Total: $103,750

Buying new in Colorado, that would come down to $90250, not including taxes, delivery, etc.. A VA or OH referral would bring the new price down to $88250 but when buying used in Colorado, I could instead deduct $6000 more off the price of the CPO. I guess I meant it's a fairly good price for Colorado buyers as $83,300 is pretty good for almost new. I'm not really looking for one with that many options but if I got all those options and saved nearly $5000 in the process, I would call it a good deal. If it was any other color, I would seriously consider it.

Last edited:
Reliability issues on a MY 2013 are scary and an unknown for a "normal" buyer like me

Counter:

We bought an EARLY 2013 CPO S85 for major discount off new 4 months ago.
Original owner had done little/no maintenance, so Tesla took a few weeks and performed everything on the maintenance list to "catch it up".
It's >65000 km and running strong, with 4 more years on the comprehensive warranty, and 6 more on drive train and battery.

Recently we did our first maintenance (wiper blade was hitting a bit loud on the down stroke, yes, I know, first world problems).
Tesla dropped off a loaner P85 and came back same day with our CPO S85 beautiful and clean.
Not only did they fix the wiper, they also put on new brake pads as part of a safety change for winter driving, amazing service!

We couldn't be happier.:love:

Reliability issues on a MY 2013 are scary and an unknown for a "normal" buyer like me.

Counter Deux:

I will jump in as well, my CPO 2013 P85 was delivered to my house on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend not fully ready for prime time, and within a day I had developed a list of items that needed attention. The nearest SC wanted it Tuesday morning to correct the items, but I had plans (window tinting etc.) already lined up and told them they could have it Thursday and Friday. They delivered the car back to me Friday (6 days after the 1st delivery) and the vehicle was 100% perfect. I have only had one issue since (heat not working quite right after ver 7.0 upgrade) and the service center worked with me on the phone to get that straightened out without a service center visit.

I would totally buy this car again, and take comfort in the 4 year / 50k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and the remaining 5 1/2 years of unlimited drive-train warranty.