Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Lot at 825 Providence Highway in Dedham?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bokonon

Title-customizing Member
Jan 28, 2016
Newton, MA
Does anyone know whether Tesla has bought or leased the lot and/or building at 825 Providence Highway in Dedham? It's located right across the street from Tesla's Dedham service center:

Google Maps

After on my latest (fruitless) Model 3 stalking mission, I stumbled across this lot while walking toward the Panera on the southbound side of the highway. It appears to be an abandoned Volvo dealership, with service bays and everything, but the side/back parking lot (which is partially secluded from the highway) currently has about 10-15 Model S/X just parked there. The presence of those cars, combined with the location, makes me wonder whether Tesla has acquired this property in order to expand their service capacity in advance of the Model 3.

Anyone have any insight? Or, alternatively, a handy link to a public-records search that could provide the answer? :)

I would not be surprised if Tesla leased it for a delivery center. There simply isn't enough space at the Dedham SC to handle Model 3 deliveries. I've been wondering what they were going to do there - spoke with my service guy when I was there earlier this year and he said he didn't know but that they had to come up with something because they just can't do it there. I'm going in for my annual service in a couple of weeks and was going to ask again.

Reactions: Bokonon
Following up on this thread with an update....

Yesterday, as part of my usual Sunday cycling route, I rode through this "auxiliary/staging" property at 825 Providence Highway in Dedham (just across the highway from the service center). To my surprise, I discovered that a significant change had taken place compared to a week ago: all of the cars that had previously been parked in the secluded, tree-lined lot behind the abandoned Volvo dealership had been moved to the front lot between that building and the AutoZone.

Though I did not see any signs that the interior of the old Volvo dealership was actively being refurbished, the abrupt shift in vehicle location made me wonder whether it somehow indicated that Tesla was moving forward with plans to expand its service operations onto this property, or perhaps begin construction on the secluded lot where the cars used to be parked. Time will tell, I guess...

20180708_180937.jpg

20180708_180446.jpg