Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washer nozzle upgrade for new Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone upgraded to frunk lid mounted washer nozzles on the current Model S? I just had my first couple drives in road salt with my 2023 Model S and the wiper arm nozzles are terrible for these conditions. They require a lot of swipes to get the top half of the windshield clean and can't get the bottom half of the windshield clean at all at highway speeds. The problem seems to by two-fold - the washer placement on the wiper blade doesn't give the fluid enough time to dissolve the salt before getting wiped away and the forward-pointing nozzle isn't powerful enough to spray against the oncoming air stream to get the fluid to the lower part of the windshield.

I had a similar problem with my early P85 that came with the terrible "stream" nozzles, but that was an easy upgrade because I was able to just buy the newer "fan" spray nozzles from Tesla and swap them in as the mounting location hadn't changed. It looks like there aren't any mounting holes on the new frunk lid from the factory, but it does look like there is enough room to mount them there with double-sided tape if I can find a nozzle that is designed to mount that way.

First time using the sprayer on my new 23 S and got very much the same results. After reading some threads here I’m convinced the nozzles must be partially clogged, so I’m going to do some more investigating before putting in a service request. Does Tesla even bother to test these things when they build a car? Shouldn’t I at least get a Tesla shirt or vest for doing their job for them?

First time using the sprayer on my new 23 S and got very much the same results. After reading some threads here I’m convinced the nozzles must be partially clogged, so I’m going to do some more investigating before putting in a service request. Does Tesla even bother to test these things when they build a car? Shouldn’t I at least get a Tesla shirt or vest for doing their job for them?
I don't think they are. If I hold the button long enough, it does shoot a lot of fluid out of all the sprayers. The fluid just doesn't go where it needs to go unless I stop the car first. I ended up buying some 2-sided tape like they use to attach the front license plate bracket and a couple universal washer nozzle kits. I'm going to try to just mount some nozzles in the same location where the older cars had them and see if that works. I'm just waiting for the temperature to warm up a bit before I try it.

Do you have the cold weather package? My understanding is that it is the reason that the washers shoot out a stream instead of a spray (to keep the liquid from freezing)
I have the spray nozzles and I drive almost five months in cold weather. They perform always as should. So it does not help in cold if there is stream only. The cold weather package included heaters for the nozzle's. Mine is without that package.