Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla doesn't want to service my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious about the nature of your job. If you don't mind me asking, are you a Uber/Lyft or other taxi driver? Are you using the superchargers for all these kms? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
We have no Superchargers yet. With this new car I have used only one Supercharger in Vienna SC. I have a distribution company for some products. Plus i am engaged in volunteer work of visiting hotels, restaurants all over Slovakia trying to convince them to install charging stations, or a red 5-pin sockets, with a good success (thanks to Model S). We also have approximately every 70 kilometers a free CHAdeMO charging station (or more then one). And they keep adding more. All other charging stations are free too. There is only few electric cars and too many charging stations. So even without Superchargers it's like a heaven for EVs.

- - - Updated - - -

No Superchargers in Slovakia.
There is at least one already under construction. I know that for sure because I have seen the location in person. It is near a hotel where i stay overnight sometimes on my business trips.

- - - Updated - - -

I was able to capture the steering wheel noise. The noise is there only when raining or after car wash. Take a listen: Vocaroo | Voice message

This is the noise after they've told me that hey have fixed it, on my last service visit.
It's is quite loud. Anyone else with a similar noise? Any suggestion what's causing it?

Last edited:
Left front wheel noise during sharp low speed turns is probably tire rubbing against wheel well. I have issue when backing up because my aftermarket 20" tires are wider than stock tires. If you have aftermarket tires that might be cause. Otherwise, it is alighnment issue, and proper alignment will fix.
ps: this noise causes no harm, so don't worry about. But if you are out of alignment, handling and tire wear could be affected.

I'm curious about the nature of your job. If you don't mind me asking, are you a Uber/Lyft or other taxi driver? Are you using the superchargers for all these kms? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Here's a great thought exercise:
Whenever Uber or Lyft is brought up in the same topic as Superchargers (heck, or Warranty service), repeat the same question or statement (often times, here and on Reddit, it is a veiled or unveiled judgment) but imagine it directed at Bjørn Nyland, YouTube megastar and his kms carrying items for pay.
I assure you, there are Uber partners who were inspired by Bjørn and his videos*. Following in his tire tracks so to speak.
It would only be fair to keep perspective when discussing the Uber Tesla phenomenon.

*I'm a Bjørn fan and supporter too for what it's worth

Yes this was the problem for me too. Left front wheel, which could only be reproduced coming out of my driveway (they came to my house to reproduce after we failed to reproduce at the SC).
I have stock tires though.

Mine only happens on backing up. Backing slightly lowers front end enough to cause friction. It is harmless but annoying. If you have stock tires, you should have them check alignment.

Yes this was the problem for me too. Left front wheel, which could only be reproduced coming out of my driveway (they came to my house to reproduce after we failed to reproduce at the SC).
I have stock tires though.

Yep, me too. I have the Tsportline 19" and it only happens when backing out and turning sharply. I keep meaning to get out my heat gun and try to push back that area just slightly.

Good news :smile:

The car is in SC by now. I didn't have time to report it sooner. After a few days of writing them my email, they've sent me this response to my email:

"many thanks for your message.

I’m sorry to hear, that you were not satisfied with your last visit at our Service Center in Vienna.

Nevertheless I would suggest that we try to fix your vehicle on November 26[SUP]th[/SUP] 2015. May I ask to get in touch with me regarding the details for a possible vehicle swap with one of our Service vehicles a day before your appointment.

If you have any further questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me."

And not only that. I didn't have to go to Vienna SC. The service manager personally came with the loaner to Bratislava (it is closer for me) to swap the cars. That never happened to me in 2 years of owning Model S, nor to anyone I know. So I am very impressed. Here is a photo from the meetup place in Bratislava. It Was at one of the free 50kW CHAdeMO/Combo/Type 2 charging stations:
avion3.jpg

Last edited:
Mine only happens on backing up. Backing slightly lowers front end enough to cause friction. It is harmless but annoying. If you have stock tires, you should have them check alignment.
I do have stock tires. But they were old from my first Model S without sensors. On my last visit they installed also the tire pressure sensors. I asked them to check the alignment, so will see.

That's awesome! So happy you could get this resolved! :D
Thanks, will see how they will be able to fix the problems.
There are also some other problems i forgot to mention. The other problem that really freaks me out is when I am sitting in the car (when the car is stopped, or charging) the door handles keep retracting every 2 minutes or something like that. The handles come out then they retract, then again they come out and then they retract again, and all over again and again and again, every few minutes.

And here i recorded another cracking noise coming from the roof in front: Vocaroo | Voice message