Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cuts 60kWh Model S, entry-level Model S is now 70D.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if anyone with a car on order is allowed to switch to the 70D (meaning - anyone with MS60 or MS85D?) I imagine MS60 upgrades would be allowed, but how about S85D downgrades? The buyer may not need the full 85 kWh but did want the D - so I suspect there are some who would want that downgrade for price and color choices.

>>> Website back; 329hp

Website slow. I imagine all the financial guys are slamming it.

I was on the Design Studio briefly and now it won't load but I did notice that the S85 can be ordered in a rear wheel drive configuration at a $5000 discount. My ideal configuration, if I were to get the sedan, seem to be about the same cash price.

"Starting today, you can also order any Models S in three new colors: Ocean Blue, Obsidian Black, and Warm Silver."

It looks like TMC also adjusted the delivery price in the USA from $1,170 to $1,200. (I edited this as I had the wrong figure in my original post.)

Last edited:
They seem to have tweaked the option packs for all models - the power tailgate, lighted door handles and fog/cornering lights have all been moved to the expensive Premium pack. So if you really want fog lights, you will have to cough up for extended leather, interior lighting, etc.

Also, cannot believe that the only extra they include with the P85D is the red calipers! Not even the spolier. :/

I still don't see why Tesla doesn't offer a P85 anymore. You can order the S85 but not a P85. Not everyone wants or needs AWD, but some folks might want the increased performance.
I think this may be a sign that the S85 is going the way of the dodo bird, and all new S's and X's will be AWD. It probably streamlines manufacturing to only have one config. Depends on the S85 vs S85D popularity.