Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla accessories For RHD Australian Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the tesla centre consol in my s85 delivered to adelaide at the start of july. Its fantastic! Very well fitted, sturdy, and high quality. The adjustable cup holders are brilliant. I simply asked my DS (james in melb) to arrange it fir me, I paid, and it happened.

I have the tesla centre consol in my s85 delivered to adelaide at the start of july. Its fantastic! Very well fitted, sturdy, and high quality. The adjustable cup holders are brilliant. I simply asked my DS (james in melb) to arrange it fir me, I paid, and it happened.

Excellent, I hope for the same... I have asked for the following options to be delivered with car... and then approx. 8 or so days later the second lot:

With car:
- Premium Front Console - Piano Black
- Panoramic Roof Sunshades
- All-Weather Model S Front Trunk Mat
- All-Weather Model S Trunk Set

Approx. 8 days later:
- Ludicrous Mode
- Dual Chargers

Hey MangroveMike,

I went to the Sydney Tesla showroom on the weekend billion mile promotion thingo, and I was speaking with one of their staff there who said that he had installed centre consoles...thus giving me the impression that Tesla does indeed sell these accessories for RHD cars right here and now in Australia. So I would enquire with those guys if you want one... I didn't want to argue with him - he seemed to know what he was talking about.

:). Only took a year.

After having the car for 7 months (yesterday) I've grown to like the big space where the console would go. Not for me now.

I don't have these but perhaps someone who does can comment. Matte displays (my preference) on laptops also help with glare from the sun. Is it fair to say these will do the same?

I'm obviously the guy that makes them, but I hope most on the forum will agree I'm relatively impartial :)

The matte variant is still my daily driver; obviously, I've tried them all, multiple times. Now, for reference it's worth mentioning that I have 20/20 vision with specs, but without (not needed for driving), things get a bit fuzzy close up. I can read the time display in the dash, but that's about as good as it gets. With that in mind, my honest appraisal of each:

Matte: Awesome at preventing glare and hiding finger prints almost completely. This is the lowest maintenance screen protector in terms of having to keep it clean. The slight downside is that it slightly reduces the crispness of the screen. It's exactly akin to a shiny laptop/PC screen vs. one with a matt finish. Personally, it doesn't bother me at all (with or without my specs!), the only time I realize it's making things less crisp is when I remove it (to test something else). I also prefer the feel of the texture; when prodding and sliding on the screen, there's less 'finger drag', as the screen is less 'sticky'. It doesn't reduce brightness, at least, I've not noticed that, and I'm only running at around 60% brightness.

HD Clear: Exactly as it says really. It does have some anti-blue characteristics (helps reduce specular glare at night - this is a specific automotive scenario) and UV filters, but essentially it's an invisible layer of protection.

HD Anti-fingerprint: This is the same as the HD clear, with an additional oleophobic layer. Contrary to the marketing spin, this coating doesn't really 'prevent' finger prints; what it does it minimize them, and more importantly, makes them far easier to remove, perhaps with one of our screen cleaning pads :) Essentially it's a non-stick coating, similar to what Rain-Ex does for windscreens, except it's permanent. The reason most smartphones have this same coating is so they clean up really easily with a quick wipe on your jeans.

5H Anti-scratch/shock: This has the same qualities as the HD clear, but with a 5H hardness rating. Application is a little easier since it's less 'floppy', but it's main benefit is that it's really tough; if you're in the habit of launching a Starbucks cup at the screen with insane or ludicrous acceleration, then this is a good choice.

Hope this helps. The matte option is the top seller by volume, but by SKU it's the matte/HD Clear combo pack.

Excellent, I hope for the same... I have asked for the following options to be delivered with car... and then approx. 8 or so days later the second lot:

With car:
- Premium Front Console - Piano Black
- Panoramic Roof Sunshades
- All-Weather Model S Front Trunk Mat
- All-Weather Model S Trunk Set

Approx. 8 days later:
- Ludicrous Mode
- Dual Chargers

Dual chargers have to be installed in the workshop, so if you are distant, you might want to postpone delivery

Moderators Note
I have renamed this thread to Tesla Accessories for RHD Australian Model S to avoid confusion.
Everyone should be aware that some accessories for left hand drive USA Models S will not always fit a right hand drive Australian Model S.

I want to fit a rear spoiler on my 2017 S. Many carbon fibre to choose from priced US$200 to $550 (Tesla offering). However when ordering Tesla spoiler the price quoted for Australia is A$1950. Two and a half times the US 550 (A800).
Anyone with experience?