Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Accessories for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed this "Dashboard" which doubles up as a MagSafe phone charger. You can remove the MagSafe compatible round screen and just chuck in your phone instead.

Stealth USB-C power from the centre console. The startup logo can be changed. Also the screen can be upgraded, though the firmware is a little harder to come by (There's a WeChat group that I had to join using Google translate lol).

View attachment 1014627View attachment 1014628View attachment 1014629View attachment 1014630View attachment 1014631View attachment 1014632View attachment 1014633
Was the install difficult? I saw this one too and liked the look of it

Was the install difficult? I saw this one too and liked the look of it
It is for the USB-C install. You have to pull hard at the centre console surround. What I have noticed is that If you use a pry tool, the gold coloured metal clips gets separated from the surround and remains stuck in the base. So now one side of the surround has a couple of missing clips and the other side is fine because I used brute force on that side!! lesson learnt!!

I used this video as a guide, though he's wrong about using the pry tool (you can actually see the separated metal clips in the video)

I used Tesla Tom's video as a guide to connect the transmitter to the wiring harness.

Yeah there’s a guy in Sydney who’s installed the Satonic equilavent

I have installed a similar one from Tessories (You can get it cheaper elsewhere). Like in the end of the video, the only concern I have is the anti-pinch mechanism leaves a lot to be desired. I tested it with a foam and then the foam stuck on a screwdriver. Didn't care much for the foam, but worked with the screw driver. The bones in your finger won't get crushed, but the skin is another matter.

I wasn't going to get anything else until after the car was delivered but I had a moment of weakness last night and ordered the HaloBlk Trunk Mats..

It's getting to the point that the need to sponsor me!
I did a deep dive online and saw that they made catches for the rear door emergency release but I can't see them in any of their stores.

I got a price today for tint.
The last car I had done was our Renault Clio in 2005 so I have no clue what's a good price or not?

I was quoted $550 for ceramic tint, all round (clear on rear doors).
Darkest legal to bring the front windows close as possible to the rear.

Decent price?
My humble opinion here only.

To me, tinting is a means to reduce IR penetration into the cabin. This keeps the cabin cool.

I am not sure if the darkness of the tint is a direct correlation to IR penetration reduction or not, but I do know that price of tint has a direct correlation to the IR reduction capability.

When I had my Model Y done last year (December), there were three options available:

- 12% IR heat rejection/40% Total Solar Energy Rejection for $295.00
- 77% IR heat rejection/61% Total Solar Energy Rejection for $695.00
- 96% IR heat rejection/66% Total Solar Energy Rejection for $990.00

All these were XPel film, which I believe is highly regarded.

I chose the last option. These were all available at Tinthaus, whom I would highly recommend - they did an awesome job on the tint, and PPF on the front/graphene coating on the rest.

A question for those that have fitted the soft close frunk mechanism (not Auto Frunk)...
I'm about to pull the trigger and get the on from Tessories but wanted to get your feedback.
I sometimes use the car for food delivery (Uber Eats / Doordash) and put stuff in the frunk to keep the smell out of the car.
This can become problematic as I have to close the frunk 10-20 times a day.

My humble opinion here only.

To me, tinting is a means to reduce IR penetration into the cabin. This keeps the cabin cool.

I am not sure if the darkness of the tint is a direct correlation to IR penetration reduction or not, but I do know that price of tint has a direct correlation to the IR reduction capability.

When I had my Model Y done last year (December), there were three options available:

- 12% IR heat rejection/40% Total Solar Energy Rejection for $295.00
- 77% IR heat rejection/61% Total Solar Energy Rejection for $695.00
- 96% IR heat rejection/66% Total Solar Energy Rejection for $990.00

All these were XPel film, which I believe is highly regarded.

I chose the last option. These were all available at Tinthaus, whom I would highly recommend - they did an awesome job on the tint, and PPF on the front/graphene coating on the rest.
Is it keeping the heat out in your experience? Does the color have blue or green hue as people say or not noticeable?

Reactions: Goneincognito
How big is the capacity of the USB connected in the glovebox? Up to what capacity can we replace it with?
What's the most reliable USB stick for use in the car? thanks
If it's still the same as 2021, it was a 128GB USB key.

I don't think there's any limit anyone has found on the size you can replace it with. The most reliable device to replace it with is an SSD, like a Samsung T7.

Reactions: archerwin