Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Accessories for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can any recommend what size is needed?

I get my MY next Saturday - really have no idea of how the recording works
The USB stick they provide is adequate for dashcam and sentry footage, so long as you don't want to keep a huge back library for some reason. I upgraded because I wanted to be able to have my music library in the car (although the music player interface is rudimentary and pretty terrible).

The USB stick has the advantage of being small and discrete at the back of the glovebox. An SSD takes up more space and has a cable connecting it to the USB C port, but does nestle into the little shelf-like grooves inside the glovebox, so doesn't rattle around much.

There is no reason to rush and buy something before you get the car. If you do decide to store your own music, note that you will need to partition the drive (an easy process, just look it up online) so that TeslaCam will still work.

Last edited:
Reactions: jq371
Can any recommend what size is needed?

I get my MY next Saturday - really have no idea of how the recording works
I’ve the same as @JonDarian (2Tb Samsung T7). I’ve setup separate partitions for sentry/dash cam, music, and light show.
Plenty of room even after my 350G! music library.

I used it as I had it spare from backing up my household PCs after upgrading to 4Tb T9.

I would think sentry/dashcam would be fine with 512Gb. Adding music I would go at least 1Tb.

As @JonDarian said, no need to rush out… take the time to get used to what comes with the car and how you use it. You will find it’s different to what you think you will do.
After a few months then decide.

Reactions: jq371
Ooh this is exciting

IMG_9305.jpeg

IMG_9310.jpeg

Reactions: sammody
Has anyone tried any seat covers for the Model Y? Like the ones Tessories have?

What is the quality like?

Any others that are recommended?

Thanks

They are good. So much so that I’m considering them for my new model 3. Just need to make sure it is compatible with the ventilated seats (which the description mentions but you can’t really tell from the sample pictures). Was hoping they would run a discount code for Easter, but only the nz site had 20% off.