Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody in Switzerland waiting for a delivery?

Yes!

Of course, MyTesla is showing wrong info for Switzerland orders it seems. But that should be pretty much obvious from regularly checking the order status.

I ordered my S 90D on dec 23rd, confirmed on 28th, got the VIN on 29th and on same day or maybe dec 30th MyTesla was already showing "Your Tesla is currently in production".

It didn't changed before Jan 21st (maybe I missed a few days). MyTesla order status was then showing that "Your Tesla has arrived at the port in Europe. Your Tesla will soon be in transit to your delivery location.", also the estimated date was showing "Late February - March". Obviously impossible. I emailed my DS requesting more info, he called me back and said that the car will be out of the production line at Fremont on Jan 23rd and that I should expect a delivery mid to late March.

I should mention at this point that from the start, speaking with the Tesla folks when placing the order, it was always the plan to have a delivery mid to late March, even early April (and that if I placed the order before the end of year, I will have free unlimited supercharging, regardless of possibly missing the April 1st deadline for delivery).

A few days ago I was confirmed by my DS that my car way not yet on the ship but close to be. It might very well be now on the Maersk Kentucky as it arrives in Europe on March 12th. That is in line with what my DS said about the date of arrival (but he also mentioned Long Island, if I remember correctly – 40% sure – maybe another ship or that's where the train unloaded?).

So yeah, MyTesla is a bit off for Switzerland, to say the least. Possibly as Switzerland orders are skipping the final assembly in Tilburg (CH not in Europe, no need to assemble in EU for import taxes). User "slaboure" had a similar experience: read his commentary on the "Model S Order and Delivery 2017" Google Spreadsheet.

At some point on MyTesla (feb. 19th, for a few days), I even was seeing another VIN entirely (assigned early nov.) for a P90D!

Rest assured that it should stick roughly to what was announced early, In my case (certainly yours) late this month.

Time to clean up that garage! :D

Cheers

Yes!

Of course, MyTesla is showing wrong info for Switzerland orders it seems. But that should be pretty much obvious from regularly checking the order status.
Time to clean up that garage! :D

LOL, right, thanks for the info, I appreciate. If anybody else has the information on what specific ship they're supposed to be, raise your hand, I'd love to know! That way, if something like this happens, you can decide better whether to be worried or not :)

Une dépanneuse perd une voiture sous un pont
4,05 Meter war in Biel nicht hoch genug: Chauffeur bleibt an Brücke hängen

Anybody in Switzerland waiting for a delivery? Ordered very early Dec, initially showed April, then Feb/mMarch and just moved last week to March/April. Their status info was wrong at all time (confirmed by rep, they have IT issues, at least for Swiss cars).

Since I'm getting not much information from my rep, I was wondering if you had received any? My perception is that pretty much no cars arrived in Switzerland in Q1 yet, which would mean they're being sent in batches on the same ship. A number of British customers said that their car was loaded on the Maersk Kentucky (just left Virginia) to Antwerp. Not sure if that matches the info some of you might have received.

So, if you are currently waiting for a car for Switzerland, did you get any information from your rep?

I ordered last November, and thankfully today I saw the car, delivery will be next week.

We are planning a 7 day road trip during the second week of June 2017. Our starting point will be Milan, Italy and we shall be renting a BMW in Milan for our journey.

I am asking for advice for a day by day itinerary around the Alps getting as far a Lucerne and then heading back to Milan. A loop would be great, in other words, not traveling the same roads going and back. Also I here there are some wonderful mountain passes which (if open) would be great not to miss.

Hope someone here could provide some guidance. All Ears.

ARTinCT

Dear Swiss Tesla drivers,

Coming weeks we are traveling in the Zug area with our Model X. I noticed online that there is a Tesla Service Center in Cham. Does anyone here happen to know if they have a (Supercharger) there that they allow to be used publicly (just to make our trip a little easier)?

Thanks!

For sale: set of 4 x 19" base Tesla wheels from a 2016 Model S. Excellent conditions. Str. 1'000.-

Attachments

• IMG_7855.JPG
    IMG_7855.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7856.JPG
    IMG_7856.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7857.JPG
    IMG_7857.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7858.JPG
    IMG_7858.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 47
Hello to all,

I'm planning to travel shortly from The Netherlands to Milano on one of those blackish Saturdays. Trouble guaranteed at the Chiasso border crossing and the Milano perif., though it might not be too tough if I'd be planning a late arrival. I would avoid the masses travelling via Basel and Gottardo, and taking Maienfeld SuC and A13 instead. This I have done before and I like it.

Trying though to do even better, I'm now considering to leave the A13 and follow the SS36 southbound via Varenna, Lecco, Monza to Milano. According to A Better Routeplanner this would mean, starting at Maienfeld, 248 km in 3:10 hours in stead of 261 km in 2:40 hours. Energy consumption would be 10% less. Half an hour more in other words, but that's exclusive of traffic delays plus at Maienfeld the charging time could be less, so altogether it might well be quite a bit more efficient than Maienfeld - Bellinzona - Chiasso - Milano.

Can anyone share experience with travelling the SS36? Nice, advisable, or silly?

Thanks for any answers (in English, German, French, or Nederlands natuurlijk).

• Helpful
Reactions: Superendo
I want it back!

I bought one of the first 85D, delivered in April 2015. Was very lucky to be selected as beta-tester and played with auto-pilot while it were still rumors on this forum ;). I sold the car in February 2016, after 18.000 km, because I moved to Houston (Texas).
Back in Switzerland since April this year, US, and especially Houston, is not the place to get old, at least not for me.

So, I want it back!!!! Looked at a new S and discovered I pay now 15k more compared with 2015, okay the battery increase is great to have but it has a price. Second hand S85D are almost all performance cars, nice to have but rather have low mileage normal 85D for the same price.
I also noted that the X cost now the same as the S...and we have of course the 3 coming...

What do people think here, will the second hand market be flooded with people going either bigger (the X) or smaller (the 3)?

For sale Mennekes 36247 Ladekabel Mode 3 Typ 2 32A 3PH 7,5m.

Was delivered with my new Tesla today, still have the old cable from my first Tesla 2 years ago.

New internet price is 340 CHF, I think 200 CHF+shipment for brand new, never used cable is fair price.
I live in the Lausanne area, pickup is of course possible too.

Pedro