Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Highland Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received this from Tesla…

Hi xxx,

We are now taking reservations for the new Model 3 "Highland" facelift vehicles. If you are interested in placing the £200 reservation, we can do this and secure your vehicle. These will be getting delivered between January and February 2024.

Kind Regards,
xxx | Tesla Advisor
T E S L A

Reactions: phil4
Why use the "highland" codename in a sales email. There are many customers who don't follow Tesla on the internet quite like us lot, who would totally misinterpret that

The term highland is an internal project name that got leaked, not a marketing or sales term.

I can't see this being any official communication, let alone an internal leak of UK delivery dates which hasn't been announced.

Reactions: Durzel
Why use the "highland" codename in a sales email. There are many customers who don't follow Tesla on the internet quite like us lot, who would totally misinterpret that

The term highland is an internal project name that got leaked, not a marketing or sales term.

Because it's very widely used on social media, blogs etc. and it's easier for people to find new information about the vehicle by using the key term "Highland".

I can't see this being any official communication, let alone an internal leak of UK delivery dates which hasn't been announced.
Glad I’m not the only one that thought this. Very strange for them to be using the internal codename in correspondence. “Highland” isn’t mentioned anywhere where it’s currently available to order, as you’d expect.

Probably is genuine though, because Tesla is pretty unprofessional with this stuff generally I think.

I’d sit tight regardless. These reservation things have never been that successful with Tesla and I’d want to see some better reviews on production cars and give time for the good/bad to come out.

If you ignore it, it doesn’t matter much whether it’s a scam or not. It does make an interesting question though as to whether you’ve given marketing consent to be contacted. There was a specific “keep me informed” option on the web page, had you used that?

Reactions: Rooster6655
According to this news article it has been announced for the UK…

It’s been announced globally, what’s not been opened here is the ability to order. The custom order page is still showing the outgoing model and presumably they’ve enough existing inventory to satisfy a lot of those orders, or at least run the risk of being allocated an outgoing shape.

Because it's very widely used on social media, blogs etc. and it's easier for people to find new information about the vehicle by using the key term "Highland".

That's what I said. But there are still a significant portion (and lately growing portion) of the population who aren't interested or can't be bothered in social media or blogs.

Why alienate a significant portion of your customers with an internal project name.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a scam, I just can't see it being a centrally endorsed email.

The term Tesla are using on their website is "upgraded Model 3". That's clearly their official marketing term.

Reactions: Durzel
That's what I said. But there are still a significant portion (and lately growing portion) of the population who aren't interested or can't be bothered in social media or blogs.

Why alienate a significant portion of your customers with an internal project name.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a scam, I just can't see it being a centrally endorsed email.

The term Tesla are using on their website is "upgraded Model 3". That's clearly their official marketing term.

My point was that if somebody searches for "Highland" after receiving that email, they will be able to find out a lot about it and make the connection. Some (useful) hits you'll get on Google with that term don't come up if you type "upgraded Model 3". It will only alienate those who can't use a search engine, so I don't see the harm in using the phrase. Though I understand the scepticism.

I can’t see any point in registering an early interest. Look back to when the M3 became available to order in the UK in 2019. Some people had put deposits down years earlier but they had no real advantage over those who put their orders in when orders went live in the May.

I’ve already decided that my first Tesla will be my last, but in any case there’s no way I’d order a Highland with no stalks and Vision only until I’d had an extended test drive to thoroughly try it out.

If people are generally holding off placing custom orders because of the new model, I can’t see Tesla taking long to allow new model orders to happen. I would be surprised if the prices stay exactly the same though.

Last edited:
Reactions: WllXM
If people are generally holding off placing custom orders because of the new model, I can’t see Tesla taking long to allow new model orders to happen. I would be surprised if the prices stay exactly the same though.
I think you're either happy with the current model and the finance offers in which case just buy inventory, or want the highland in which case hold on and not order until its clear you're ordering a highland spec car. A custom order is probably the last thing I'd suggest anybody does at the moment.

Having watched the latest RSymons video on Vision, and the fact they appear to have removed the front bumper camera from the spec, unless you don't want to actually park nose in anywhere I don't know why you'd put up with it, to be honest.

Spoiler: Reversing is pretty much ok, helped massively by the high quality camera. Parking nose in you might as well rub two prayer beads together.

I’d sit tight regardless. These reservation things have never been that successful with Tesla and I’d want to see some better reviews on production cars and give time for the good/bad to come out.
Yep usually just order a week or so before the official dates and not had to wait much longer than people waiting months!

Having watched the latest RSymons video on Vision, and the fact they appear to have removed the front bumper camera from the spec, unless you don't want to actually park nose in anywhere I don't know why you'd put up with it, to be honest.
Yep, would not be considering a vehicle without USS, that video is quite worrying for people relying on the USS at the front!