Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Highland Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very surprised how many already have ...

When I did marketing 101 it was "Halve the price, sell to 20x as many people". I don't know what drop is needed for just 2x the number of punters, around 10% - 20% perhaps? Tesla has enough margin to do that, and that would give them plenty of head-room and be painful for the competition who are struggling to keep their factories busy, let alone price them to make money. I wouldn't have believed any of what is happened if I hadn't witnessed it.

There is a thread on that topic ... nothing that has come up yet seems to be a clear winner. Things like the Lotus look good but the software, and some other bits, are a bit of an unknown. And so on with the others ...

To get the benefit of increased sales from a reduced price, potential customers have to know it has happened. There are huge numbers of people who have either never heard of Tesla (we are "special" people on here), or think they still cost £80,000, the price (for a Model S) when they last heard anything about Tesla. They don't know about different models.

I encounter this more often than not when speaking about Tesla to random "regular folk".

To get the benefit of increased sales from a reduced price, potential customers have to know it has happened. There are huge numbers of people who have either never heard of Tesla (we are "special" people on here), or think they still cost £80,000, the price (for a Model S) when they last heard anything about Tesla. They don't know about different models.

I encounter this more often than not when speaking about Tesla to random "regular folk".
Surely Elon would have tested market awareness and understood the relative merits of dropping the price to try and increase sales and say running a marketing campaign where people were made aware of the current prices and whether £3k off every car was better value than say a £3m advertising campaign which would be covered by 1000 cars sold at 3k more, Or maybe not,

I’m really in 2 minds with what to do. 7 years ago I got my first Tesla - an S. Now I have a 3P and my PCP contract ends in March. With the absence of a Highland 3P I’d be looking at the long range version. However, a massive part of me has fallen out of love with my car. I drive it a lot and do miles of motorway driving with Autopilot and here lies the reason for the loss of love. For me Autopilot is a sack of sh1t at the moment (I have a thread about that elsewhere) - I hope that in the coming weeks or months Autopilot will return to something that is actually fit for purpose.

My concerns with the Highland is the lack of indicator stalks but more importantly its reliance on vision-only which my experience of that so far is nothing short of shocking and I really wonder how good it can be - if its anything like the vision-only wipers I have a very low estimation.

Although, I am aware of other EV’s on the market I haven't yet researched those options. I guess I’ll have to wait for a few more months before pressing somebody’s order button.

EV reviewers seem obsessed with range but I'd love a more in depth series on driver assists - even including ICE as many will share the same kit. Tesla is my first car with radar cruise and lane keep assist so I have no visibility what the world outside looks like or what colour the grass is over there.

Reactions: Roy Batty
EV reviewers seem obsessed with range but I'd love a more in depth series on driver assists - even including ICE as many will share the same kit. Tesla is my first car with radar cruise and lane keep assist so I have no visibility what the world outside looks like or what colour the grass is over there.
You don't actually have a car with radar cruise ... going by your sig ... we're all on pure vision these days, even those of us that have a hardware radar still in place.

I’m really in 2 minds with what to do.
Me too but slightly for different reason :) Ultra red or Stealth grey, aha another confusion - LR or RWD? Liked the simplicity of basic white and SR+. May be have to stick to the basic white and RWD. The only downside is few more extra stops while doing Europe trips - we have decided just to use Tesla for the Europe trips rather than flying/or other modes of transport.

Me too but slightly for different reason :) Ultra red or Stealth grey, aha another confusion - LR or RWD? Liked the simplicity of basic white and SR+. May be have to stick to the basic white and RWD. The only downside is few more extra stops while doing Europe trips - we have decided just to use Tesla for the Europe trips rather than flying/or other modes of transport.
If I do get my 3rd Tesla and the 3P isn’t out by then I’d go Long Range Ultra Red

Reactions: spdpsba
I’m just visiting London from France…and it’s good to Teslas everywhere and so many it’s amazing. Mostly M3 but loads of Y and a few S&X….but try as I might, I cannot find a single Highland so far after three days…
What is happening (there are Highlands in my little French town in the middle of nowhere)…?
Have they not yet delivered RHD Highlands?…have people stopped buying Teslas ?…I can’t believe that the West End of London and the City can’t afford them

Surely Elon would have tested market awareness and understood the relative merits of dropping the price to try and increase sales and say running a marketing campaign where people were made aware of the current prices and whether £3k off every car was better value than say a £3m advertising campaign which would be covered by 1000 cars sold at 3k more, Or maybe not,
He has an ideological aversion to advertising so I doubt it.