Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging.Life database

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Minor feature request. The old spreadsheet color-coded the leaderboard based on how recent each person's latest check-in was. We get a sense of it with the YTD/QTD counts but that's not quite the same as knowing at a glance who the most recently active players are.

I'm guessing it would be easy to add a similar color-coding to the supercharging.life leaderboard, and/or add a latest check-in column to the table. Thoughts?
The new Tableau does the same thing. We are trying to keep the advanced visualizations to Tableau. You can find that Leaderboard here. It is also one click away if you click through to Tableau from supercharging.life by clicking the Tableau link on your details page (the "me" page). That will drop you at the Competitor maps tab. The Leaderboard is just to the left. The tabs are near the top of the browser view.

1658976326205.png

Reactions: Big Earl
The new Tableau does the same thing. We are trying to keep the advanced visualizations to Tableau. You can find that Leaderboard here. It is also one click away if you click through to Tableau from supercharging.life by clicking the Tableau link on your details page (the "me" page). That will drop you at the Competitor maps tab. The Leaderboard is just to the left. The tabs are near the top of the browser view.
Ah nice, thanks, I hadn't clicked through to the new Tableau visualizations yet. 👍

Minor feature request. The old spreadsheet color-coded the leaderboard based on how recent each person's latest check-in was. We get a sense of it with the YTD/QTD counts but that's not quite the same as knowing at a glance who the most recently active players are.

I'm guessing it would be easy to add a similar color-coding to the supercharging.life leaderboard, and/or add a latest check-in column to the table. Thoughts?
+1

I've also been missing the color-coding

Wednesday at 10:37 PM
Minor feature request. The old spreadsheet color-coded the leaderboard based on how recent each person's latest check-in was.

Wednesday at 10:45 PM
The new Tableau does the same thing. We are trying to keep the advanced visualizations to Tableau.

Wednesday at 11:27 PM
+1

I've also been missing the color-coding

(Catching up)

Sorry about this one. I didn't see @theflyer's reply (replies, really) when I posted my +1. Failure to refresh the open tab, I guess. I've now been to the Tableau Leaderboard, and yes indeedy the color-coding is there (and as helpful as ever). Thanks!

This is great, not just the interviews, but that you can say to people interested in EV tripping "Check out Supercharging.life" Genius. We should beautify the site to not only stats but a welcome page with stories and travel pics

Maybe also (someplace, not sure where):

* Links to various interviews and articles about the competition (e.g. WSJ article, @PhillyGal's article, @Bighorn's interview)
* Links to Supercharging resources (i.e. supercharge.info, Tesla Find Us map)
* Link to this thread (for those interested in technical details)

I was going to suggest putting some welcome text (maybe based on the first post from the competition thread?), and a few links in the main page (where on a desktop browser, it just duplicates the left-side menu bar). But that's the first thing users on mobile see, and having those menu items front and center is useful if you're on the road and need to do a quick check-in. So...???...

Bruce.

Reactions: israndy

I was going to suggest putting some welcome text (maybe based on the first post from the competition thread?), and a few links in the main page (where on a desktop browser, it just duplicates the left-side menu bar). But that's the first thing users on mobile see, and having those menu items front and center is useful if you're on the road and need to do a quick check-in. So...???...

Bruce.

I think there's a relatively low-tech way of showing blocks on the homepage in a different order, based on whether it's viewed on desktop or mobile. We could use CSS "flexbox" properties to flop the order based on screen width.

When viewed on desktop widths (> 1024px), the main section could be displayed like this:
Welcome section
----------------------------
Repeat of left nav links

When viewed on mobile widths (< 1024px), the main section could be displayed like this:
Repeat of left nav links
Welcome section

This is not my area of expertise anymore, but I'd be willing to try to talk through it with someone, if the devs decide they want to try this.

(Here's a quick tutorial that illustrates this idea,
)

I think there's a relatively low-tech way of showing blocks on the homepage in a different order, based on whether it's viewed on desktop or mobile. We could use CSS "flexbox" properties to flop the order based on screen width.

When viewed on desktop widths (> 1024px), the main section could be displayed like this:
Welcome section
Repeat of left nav links

When viewed on mobile widths (< 1024px), the main section could be displayed like this:
Repeat of left nav links
Welcome section

This is not my area of expertise anymore, but I'd be willing to try to talk through it with someone, if the devs decide they want to try this.

(Here's a quick tutorial that illustrates this idea,
)
Drew's swamped at the moment. We'll try to do something like this in a couple of weeks.