Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging.Life database

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As long as we are on the subject of delayed check in: Since it is patently clear that I am on the cutting edge of all things tech, :rolleyes:
o_O🤣

It occurs to me that for most of us we have two primary methods of grabbing Superchargers. The first method it to grab a bunch that are clustered in a metropolitan or geographical area, much like I did last week when I ventured from Barstow to San Bernardino County, then headed down to northern San Diego County, followed by heading north into Orange County and eastern LA County.

The second method is when we take an extended trip along one or more interstates where SC are spaced out -- think Interstates 94 across eastern Montana, North Dakota, and Minnesota or Interstate 90 from Seattle east.

Would it be sensible and fairly easy to be able to use geography or highways to winnow down the database from a thousand SC to perhaps a score?

Obviously for the top twenty participants this would not be that effective, since they have so few. But for the masses, it might make things more expedient if we could tell the system--I want Interstate 5 Superchargers, and only those appear to be selected. Or we could tell the system I want the state of Indiana, or northern/central/southern/coastal California?

I suspect that the key for these Superchargers is the name. So it might be unwieldy and quite time-consuming to have other indicators like highway or geography.

Apologies if this is a real slog for you all. And no disappointment on my end! Just spitballin'.

• Helpful
Reactions: Darren S
You can use your unvisited map to check in to chargers. This might make it easy for you to visually check into things along a specific route at the completion of a day’s drive.
  • Load supercharging.life & log in
  • Click My Map
  • Click the pin for the charger you want to check into
  • Click the View Details link
  • Click Check-In Now
  • Verify date and time are correct; edit if necessary
  • Click Submit
  • Repeat for each subsequent check-in

• Helpful
Reactions: evp and Thinkje
As long as we are on the subject of delayed check in: Since it is patently clear that I am on the cutting edge of all things tech, :rolleyes:
o_O🤣

It occurs to me that for most of us we have two primary methods of grabbing Superchargers. The first method it to grab a bunch that are clustered in a metropolitan or geographical area, much like I did last week when I ventured from Barstow to San Bernardino County, then headed down to northern San Diego County, followed by heading north into Orange County and eastern LA County.

The second method is when we take an extended trip along one or more interstates where SC are spaced out -- think Interstates 94 across eastern Montana, North Dakota, and Minnesota or Interstate 90 from Seattle east.

Would it be sensible and fairly easy to be able to use geography or highways to winnow down the database from a thousand SC to perhaps a score?

Obviously for the top twenty participants this would not be that effective, since they have so few. But for the masses, it might make things more expedient if we could tell the system--I want Interstate 5 Superchargers, and only those appear to be selected. Or we could tell the system I want the state of Indiana, or northern/central/southern/coastal California?

I suspect that the key for these Superchargers is the name. So it might be unwieldy and quite time-consuming to have other indicators like highway or geography.

Apologies if this is a real slog for you all. And no disappointment on my end! Just spitballin'.
Thanks for the suggestion. This builds on the idea many request regularly of creating lists of superchargers. I'll capture it as a requirement. We won't likely tackle it anytime soon in the database itself, but Tableau is very useful for this already. You can see instructions on how to use Tableau this way here.

EDIT: Updated link to a better link.

Last edited:
o_O🤣

Is this request so that it's easier for you to check-in to superchargers after the fact, or so that you can work on planning your route? I'm trying to envision how this would ideally work. Specifically what would happen after you "select" some group of superchargers.

Another feature request:
I was noticing today that if I go into the database after a while it shows me as guest and I have to log in again, fortunately it doesn't make me go thru Google again, so is there a way to make the login sticky instead of reverting at the end of a session?
I'm staying logged in now. Do you notice you are staying logged in now as well?

Reactions: israndy
Is this request so that it's easier for you to check-in to superchargers after the fact, or so that you can work on planning your route? I'm trying to envision how this would ideally work. Specifically what would happen after you "select" some group of superchargers.
If I can be greedy, both.

For example, last week I drove by two Superchargers that were just off the freeway--completely missed them. (Stupid is as stupid does, you know! :oops:) This would be for the planning stage.

I could take the grouping and then input these locations into the Tesla navigation system in some sort of logical order. As I arrive at each location, I could delete that location from navigation to see what remains. In my opinion, this is extremely valuable in urban areas with SC sometimes a stone's throw from each other, and easily missed if the red pins are concealed by that vexing vertical strip on the left side of the touchscreen.

Then, at the end of the day, they could be recalled for checking in.

It is unfortunate that this application could not send directions directly to the navigation screen like Apple Maps does. But I do not have such grand expectations from hard working volunteers! :)

Reactions: israndy
If I can be greedy, both.

For example, last week I drove by two Superchargers that were just off the freeway--completely missed them. (Stupid is as stupid does, you know! :oops:) This would be for the planning stage.

I could take the grouping and then input these locations into the Tesla navigation system in some sort of logical order. As I arrive at each location, I could delete that location from navigation to see what remains. In my opinion, this is extremely valuable in urban areas with SC sometimes a stone's throw from each other, and easily missed if the red pins are concealed by that vexing vertical strip on the left side of the touchscreen.

Then, at the end of the day, they could be recalled for checking in.

It is unfortunate that this application could not send directions directly to the navigation screen like Apple Maps does. But I do not have such grand expectations from hard working volunteers! :)
Actually, it CAN sort of send the directions to the car as it only takes a few steps from a phone to get it from this app to Google Maps or Apple Maps. For me (on an Android phone), I can open my map in the app and find a supercharger, click on it to see the address, highlight the address, click "Web search" (which finds the Google Map of it), then click the "Share" icon and select the Tesla app. I don't know how Apple handles this but maybe the same or similar?

By doing that, it sends the address to the Nav screen of the vehicle. Do the next one and so on and they should appear in the Nav history but I'll test that on my way home today. Or you can copy/paste the addresses to a notepad file or spreadsheet and then march through them and send the address to the Tesla app in the order that you want to visit so they are in that order in the Nav history. Just a thought. Work smarter not harder.

Reactions: GHammer and David99
I've captured the idea. Not sure if we can implement this from the browser but we'll look into it.
By doing that, it sends the address to the Nav screen of the vehicle. Do the next one and so on and they should appear in the Nav history
It does but I believe you have to actually acknowledge it in the car so the nav builds the route.

I've captured the idea. Not sure if we can implement this from the browser but we'll look into it.

It does but I believe you have to actually acknowledge it in the car so the nav builds the route.
Again, I'll try this today but I can send the initial route to the vehicle (circa pre-refresh 2016 S 90D and finally up to LAST year's software update apparently) and don't need to ack anything. Sometimes, if a route is already underway, I'm prompted to accept or allow one that I sent from my phone. I thought recently though that I can just 2 or 3 or 5 routes one after the other from the comfort of my couch. I know the last one is on the car Nav but never checked if the previous ones are in the history but will give it a try today and report back.

Reactions: theflyer
We've made it easier for you to at least send the pin to your Tesla. On your "My Map" you can click on a pin and the pop-up now has options to send to Apple Maps or Google Maps. It should be about three taps to get the pin to your Tesla. Click on pin -> Send to APple or Google -> Share to Tesla

1658263189053.png

Again, I'll try this today but I can send the initial route to the vehicle (circa pre-refresh 2016 S 90D and finally up to LAST year's software update apparently) and don't need to ack anything. Sometimes, if a route is already underway, I'm prompted to accept or allow one that I sent from my phone. I thought recently though that I can just 2 or 3 or 5 routes one after the other from the comfort of my couch. I know the last one is on the car Nav but never checked if the previous ones are in the history but will give it a try today and report back.
@cpa, as it turns out, I tried to send 4 routes to my car but it only accepted the initial / first one; however, once I was in my car, I was able to send the 2nd route and confirm/select it, then send a 3rd, 4th, etc. So you probably just need to sit IN your car to set those SCs as your destinations. It's no the worst thing and beats having to do it manually from Apple or Google maps.

Reactions: cpa
How do I delete or change a check-in? My Leonberg - Glemseck, Germany (#400) is wrong. It turns out there was a closed SC just next door and the Check-in dialog picked the wrong one, I noticed only when the map pin failed to dissappear. Strangely enough, the closed SC has no pin on the map, but it still picked it up on my check-in dialog.

How do I delete or change a check-in? My Leonberg - Glemseck, Germany (#400) is wrong. It turns out there was a closed SC just next door and the Check-in dialog picked the wrong one, I noticed only when the map pin failed to dissappear. Strangely enough, the closed SC has no pin on the map, but it still picked it up on my check-in dialog.
@Bredo, what _should_ it be, Leonberg-Ost? Also, it looks as though both are listed as Open.

1658327988178.png

Last edited: