Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And generally hated by the environmentalists as it's often destroying what's often native land supporting wildlife.
Yep, those dam (pardon the pun) lakes are just the worse for wildlife, forlna and fauna...... i constantly see The Greens constantly protesting lakes and demanding they be drained immediately. Genius stuff.
Is there an ounce of critical thinking at any point in your rational or was this completely spoon feed to you. Keep making the internet great.

Australia is the driest continent outside of Antarctica and we need every drop of water we can retain.

As for crappy infrastructure build within Australia is a different story/discussion. Could use the same argument for any road/rail being built and missing budget) competition date anywhere in the country.

Yep, those dam (pardon the pun) lakes are just the worse for wildlife, forlna and fauna...... i constantly see The Greens constantly protesting lakes and demanding they be drained immediately. Genius stuff.

Leaving natural lakes in place is preserving the natural environment, both below and above the surface of the water. Building a dam is destructive as @moa999 rightly pointed out.

As for crappy infrastructure build within Australia is a different story/discussion. Could use the same argument for any road/rail being built and missing budget) competition date anywhere in the country.

Name one road or rail project in this country that ended up costing six times the forecast budget and took three times longer to build? Snowy 2.0 is in a league of its own on that score.

Reactions: Midnight Man
A suggestion on FB ToA that the Bundaberg site might be at the under construction Kepnock Town Centre (centre and supermarket open within a fortnight).
Site is just off the Bundaberg Ring Road to the East of the town.

Can't find anything on plans that I found online.

Not enough to create a dedicated thread yet.
photostudio_1697583367378.jpg

A suggestion on FB ToA that the Bundaberg site might be at the under construction Kepnock Town Centre (centre and supermarket open within a fortnight).
Site is just off the Bundaberg Ring Road to the East of the town.

Can't find anything on plans that I found online.

Not enough to create a dedicated thread yet.
View attachment 983046
1697603533021.png

1697603600625.png

Not convinced from the photos there is any evidence of supercharger construction.

Would still also be looking at 'Bundaberg - Hinkler Central' as leaked last year and where the pin is currently.

Reactions: Hairyman
Leaving natural lakes in place is preserving the natural environment, both below and above the surface of the water. Building a dam is destructive as @moa999 rightly pointed out.

Name one road or rail project in this country that ended up costing six times the forecast budget and took three times longer to build? Snowy 2.0 is in a league of its own on that score.

Right but your happy with roads, freeways bridges to be built, interfering with nature, so you can drive around freely but not the means of energy production to help you get around me efficiently. Sounds like solid position bro.

And as for infrastructure builds, again only when it's something you approve of yet water resources are the only one that get wrong. Once again your bias and

/Rant got cut off

Once again your bias overwrites any basis of genuine argument.
Furthermore the lack of knowledge and history of any past infrastructure builds is comical. Just lookup the fiasco of the Sydney Opera House, they chased the architect out of the country, never to return

/Rant got cut off

Once again your bias overwrites any basis of genuine argument.
Furthermore the lack of knowledge and history of any past infrastructure builds is comical. Just lookup the fiasco of the Sydney Opera House, they chased the architect out of the country, never to return
If memory serves me correctly, Sydney Opera House originally estimated to cost $8 million and eventually cost $100 million.
But now seems like a bargain.

Such a ridiculous location decision. Superchargers are especially required on the highway, not at destinations.
Shopping centres are good, provided you have 24 hour car park access, and ideally convenient food and toilets until well into the night.

But why Bundaberg? It's nowhere near the Bruce Highway. Hopefully it won't preclude investment in somewhere like Childers or Gin Gin, sometime soon.