Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would also I think be the first time Tesla has purchased land in Aus if that's what's meant by acquired.

But 12 spots is a pretty small site.

Small? 12 spots would make it equal biggest in the southern hemisphere with Box Hill.

I have a feeling all new sites from now on though will be 8 and up. My kids used to play spot the Tesla, not anymore.

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok and STUtoday
Would also I think be the first time Tesla has purchased land in Aus if that's what's meant by acquired.

But 12 spots is a pretty small site.
Yeah, that wording was interesting, but I’m guessing they meant “site secured” or “lease contract signed” more than buying the land.

I’m actually struggling to locate a contiguous group of 12 parking spots in the same area in that town that isn’t most of (or all of) an entire car park! Might be private land, such as one of the servos.

Nice, I wasn't aware it was going to be that big. Will be the new winner then. 👍
Benalla, if the permit is approved, is due for a 20 stall site!
Speaking of,

Yeah, that wording was interesting, but I’m guessing they meant “site secured” or “lease contract signed” more than buying the land.

I’m actually struggling to locate a contiguous group of 12 parking spots in the same area in that town that isn’t most of (or all of) an entire car park! Might be private land, such as one of the servos.
Might be better of developing a piece of council land into a carpark/tesla charge site and leasing it back.
Something like,
Screenshot_20230806-224949.png

Which appear to be a road that was changed/blocked of into a park area and now a sort of nominal dirt parking area and access to the servo. I assume this is still council land.

Reactions: bradjc and Chuq
Might be better of developing a piece of council land into a carpark/tesla charge site and leasing it back.
Something like,

Which appear to be a road that was changed/blocked of into a park area and now a sort of nominal dirt parking area and access to the servo. I assume this is still council land.
Definitely an option, that’s similar to what they are doing in Albany.

Reactions: RichardV
Also 15 at Albury, Coffs Harbour Sth and Marulan, per the NSW Govt funding.
And 12 at Ballina, Gundagai Town, Taree, Woy Woy and Yass.

NSW charging will be very different by the end of 2024.
As someone relatively new to this space (EV's), with an MY on order, and reading everything I possibly can (and still hungry for information), I would be keen to hear what the likely "picture" will be by the end of 2024?

Thank you if you have information/thoughts to share :)

Reactions: Hairyman
As someone relatively new to this space (EV's), with an MY on order, and reading everything I possibly can (and still hungry for information), I would be keen to hear what the likely "picture" will be by the end of 2024?

If you at supercharge.info and look at all the blue triangles in NSW. Pretty much all of those are due to be complete by end of 2024 to get their NSW government funding. Or look at the supercharger index thread here for NSW Wiki - Supercharger - Australian Index-

Though there is always a chance some of this might be subject to some further negotiations with NSW government. There is also a similar number again of non-tesla fast charger sites due in the same time frame. But we have seen less action on any of those bar one compared to Tesla's 4 complete and 1 known to be under construction.

For all fast charger sites under the current round of drive NSW electric funding you can look at Evenergi Map
And select the approved fast charger layer and look for the purple dots.

Last edited:

Speaking of DC charging (not necessarily supercharging):

Regional NSW is already OK, and it'll be awesome next year.

Regional QLD and Vic will remain a disgrace due to their stubborn reluctance to even add a 2nd charger at most sites. Though SEQ will be fine.

Regional SA and WA main highways will be good by then too. Also not many stalls, sure, but they aren't going to be heavily trafficked for a long time, so it'll be fine.

Regional Tassie has had the best coverage of any state for a long time. Even Queenstown, Strahan, Geevestown and Alonnah are covered. So long as they work, they're fine.

SC:

Young/Cowra and Narrandera should be on the map please
Then Bourke and Broken Hill
I really don't believe this is helpful. They're negotiating with local governments and other site hosts basically everywhere important. If they have buy in, power goes in, and then chargers go in. If not, so be it. Those voting things are just a magic trick. Look at the left hand while the right hand takes care of business.

Reactions: moa999 and RichardV