Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wytheville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently this Supercharger has been under construction for about a couple of weeks and according to the GM of the Holiday Inn, "by Christmas" is what she was told for opening. Of course, there could be delays.

wythevillesc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

They could only say it would be done soon.

Nice Christmas surprise !

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20151219_155348827.jpg

Any locals out there know when this will open? I'm planning a trip this winter from dc to asheville and this would definitely make the drive more fun vs. going south through NC.

- - - Updated - - -

fantastic news. Thanks for posting everyone! This solves lots of trouble along the I-81 corridor.

mav

If it's not ready in time, you could stop in Christiansburg, VA at the Holiday Inn Express to use their HPWC, the staff there is really friendly and there are a few restaurants/shopping within easy walking distance. I've stopped there a few times and it is not too far off the beaten path.

Bristol was showing for 2015 a few months ago on Tesla site. Now showing 2016. Bristol is really needed for that charging limited area. Especially when we are coming from NC mountains and not yet on the SC network.

Has anyone seen any permitting information yet? I'd imagine The Pinnacle shopping development if in Bristol (Its a new development with Bass Pro, Belk, a great movie theater and a ton of chain restaurants either open or under construction). The one drawback to that is its 15 miles or so from the I-26 junction. If they wanted to be closer, Kingsport would be better, but the retail development at that junction (They call it Tri-Cities Crossing) seems to have stalled out following extensive land / infrastructure development. Colonial Heights (a couple of mile up the road) would be a good location. There's an Ingles Supermarket, McDonalds plus a number of other restaurants. Also really close to TRI airport.

Just swung by this location. It appears done, including a meter that reads all zeros. I think they are just waiting for Tesla to test it, so it should be soon. I took photos but the uploaded UI seems broken from my iPhone.