Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodbridge, VA - Potomac Town Place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Tesla's Find Us map currently has a "coming soon" pin for Woodbridge with a Q3 2021 target date. Looking for info on a different location, I came across the planning approval and building permit application for a Tesla supercharger at the Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center mall. Besides just the location and project descriptions, it's confirmed as a supercharger by the information in the contacts tab for the two records (i.e. the specific companies listed). I'm not sure exactly where in the complex it'll end up being, so my total guess is near the Wegmans.

Site Plan Review: SPR2020-00202
Applied for in December 2019 and completed/approved in January 2020.
Description: TESLA CHARGING STATION @ POTOMAC TOWN CENTER - MINOR SITE PLAN FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATION

Building Permit: BLD2021-05974
Applied for on 2021-03-10, not yet approved.
Description: Installation of Tesla Electric Vehicle Charging Stations

Address: 2401 Opitz Blvd, Woodbridge, VA 22191

GPS (guess): 38.629923, -77.289807

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright

Last edited:
Nice find. One of my offices is just across Dale Blvd from this shopping center. I saw PTC listed on supercharge.info and had to think about it where that was for a moment, as everyone around here simply refers to this complex as Stonebridge.

This is a nice addition to the existing Potomac Mills mall location. Being at the Wegmans also makes it a great option locals in nearby apartments who don't have home charging options.

Stonebridge.png

Being at the Wegmans
That's a total guess on my part. There wasn't any information in the records to indicate exactly where it will be, so it could be anywhere in the complex. I guessed there because Tesla often places superchargers near grocery stores and because there's an EVgo charger in the next lot over. But it may end up being at the other end of the mall. We'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: jrreno
That's a total guess on my part. There wasn't any information in the records to indicate exactly where it will be, so it could be anywhere in the complex. I guessed there because Tesla often places superchargers near grocery stores and because there's an EVgo charger in the next lot over. But it may end up being at the other end of the mall. We'll have to wait and see.

For sure. I didn't mean to suggest that they'd be located on the Wegman's side of the property, just that Wegman's is nearby enough to make it a good use of time while charging.

Reactions: jrreno and mociaf9
Found an old permit from 2019 in which there is a site plan for Woodbridge PTC. Don't know if it's still the same location, but it might be worth looking at when scouting (once the permit is issued)

View attachment 727566
Site development permit was issued on October 14th, 2021. I’ll check it out on Monday.

If you want to update the location, it’s
GPS38.62924455477309, -77.28953987360002

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I think they’ll end up putting the transformer in that empty space in the picture below. No sign of any ground work for it, however, which is a bit unusual. Usually there is a slab and/or conduit roughed in.
I would also expect, if they were going to put a transformer there, that they would have placed the protection bollards for it at the same time they did the ones in front of the Tesla hardware.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Found an old permit from 2019 in which there is a site plan for Woodbridge PTC. Don't know if it's still the same location, but it might be worth looking at when scouting (once the permit is issued)

View attachment 727566
This site plan appears to show a probable transformer pad just north of the supercharger cabinets, about where the snow is piled up. Buried by snow, or not yet present (which would be odd).