Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Covina, CA - E Eastland Center Dr (LIVE 19 Dec 2023, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw another posting about a 20 stall supercharger permit so of course feel free to move this post to that thread if needed. Was unable to make out the exact location.

Construction has started and confirmed by someone here to be a 20 stall supercharger location. Chargers will be located along the citrus side of the street.

Visit here every three weeks so will be happy to post progress photos, etc when here
IMG_9747.jpeg

IMG_9748.jpeg

IMG_9751.jpeg

IMG_9753.jpeg

Reactions: NJongeling and bmah
It'd be great if someone can locate and post a permit for this work, or post photographs of some Tesla-branded equipment on-site.

Bruce.
West Covina handles things separately from the Epic LA database and only shows projects you are affiliated with when logged in to their portal. No public database. Sent an email to the building department but may have to wait for equipment onsite.

• Informative
Reactions: theflyer and bmah
City staff mentioned during a council meeting that this site has 20 posts. It was hard to count when I was there a while back with none of them installed yet.

Side note, she also mentions in the clip that there is a permit pending for a third location in the Eastland Center.

City Council 06Jun2023
Here was the post I saw that mentioned this but it was part of a post naming a different location.

Here was a tweet I thought this might be related to but could not pin down the exact location.

Yep, was waiting for this to pop up. These are most likely the chargers the city staff member mentioned in that video I posted a while back.
I actually like this part of the parking lot for chargers. Far away enough from things to not eat up regular business parking but still close enough to walk to shops.

It's very close to the one that is already open in WC but that one is always packed so the area needs it.

Here was the post I saw that mentioned this but it was part of a post naming a different location.

Here was a tweet I thought this might be related to but could not pin down the exact location.

The pictures in this thread are the the Eastland Center ones. Eastland Center is in West Covina, not Covina. The permit out for the Covina location is for a little strip mall on Arrow Hwy and Hollenbeck.

Makes you wonder if the Covina Ikea Supercharger project is still on. Haven't seen any work happening and EA recently took down a "coming soon" pin for that site a couple months ago on their website.

Exchanged a couple emails with the building department, had to give them a few addresses for them to be able to confirm. Here is their response:

A portion of the description is as follows:

INSTALL (6) TESLA SUPERCHARGER CABINETS · INSTALL (24) TESLA CHARGING POSTS

Plans were approved on 02/28/2023. Permits have not yet been issued.

So, plans/permit approved but not issued for 24 stalls at Eastland Center in West Covina.

Thread title update? @bmah

Construction cone? @Big Earl @Chuq @Guacahummus