Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pickering ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5km is WAY larger than downtown. My definition of downtown would be bounded by the lake to the south, Bathurst to the west, Dundas to the north and Parliament to the east.

Both the Annex and Liberty Village are within 4km of King and Bay so if you are using 5km as your limit then both of those planned SCs will qualify.
yeah, 5km is too vague for true 'downtown'

However I still think there will be one within your more limited boundries (bathurst/dundas/parliament/lake)

is it on?

I am surprised he doesn't do overnight or weekends at Brookfield Place as the parking is about $10. Maybe too much of an inconvenience.
he makes about $1000/hr and pays hefty taxes so his time is more the element he's concerned with (especially when he can write off his parking, that $30 becomes $14)
They charge $15-20 many nights and weekends now. Used to be good because you could park there for $6 in the evenings but with dozens of new condos eating up all the parking lots, the need for parking has gone pretty crazy so the office towers are getting away with charging more.

I think you will be correct but for fun we are on for a coke. I still think that the Eaton Centre is a possibility. And it would be harder to find until it is all complete, not unlike the Rideau Centre in Ottawa as they can just put up hoarding that blocks the view.

Here's an aerial view of the Pickering Supercharger today!
DJI_0007.JPG

what laws would those be? Thought they were only really restrictive if you were using the drone for commercial use? i.e. a real estate agent taking aerial images of a lot / house for sale

interesting if they're cracking down on please use too

Canada passed new laws making it even harder to fly drones for fun

Somewhat ridiculously, you can't fly a drone within 75 meters (246 ft.) of buildings, vehicles, vessels, animals, people or crowds.

You could go out into the forest, but watch out for those squirrels!!!

I do about 99% of my charging at home (unless I am on a road trip) so I have never really believed these local GTA superchargers were of particularly value to me. Don't get me wrong, I think they are ultra-important to building out the SC Network, I just felt that they had no real use for me... until yesterday.

I live in the west end of the city and I had to go to Lindsay for a round trip yesterday. First, I had to pick someone up on the Ajax/Whitby border and off we went to Lindsay. I left home with 425km in range (90%) and full regen (garage parked and +10 in my Garage).

Off I went and I realized on the way back, there was NO way I was going to make it home. In fact, Nav was directing me to Pickering saying I'd have 7% left upon my return. I actually got to Pickering with about 5% left. Plugged in (was getting about 570km/hr in charge) and went to lunch at Boston Pizza. Came back to the car with 357km in range. Beautiful!!

Pickering SC came in really handy and had pretty good traffic while I was there (two X's and 3 S's). Yesterday was a prime example of how important the expanding SC Network is and I think it is even moreso in cold climates, where range is drastically reduced. I think there can't be anything such as too many supercharges.

Did a round trip from my home in south etobicoke to Peterborough. Stopped at Pickering for a charge and lunch on the way home but I have a question about charging etiquette...

So I forward parked at the charger which was depicted earlier with the X parked improperly. Went to Boston Pizza for lunch. Car got to 90% while I was having lunch so I left to move my car when it was done. Only 2 of 20 stalls in use, but there was some kind of non-Tesla EV car parked beside me. Two people sitting in the car. Not sure why. Didn’t ask. We’re they trying to charge? Did they think this was EV parking?

Does it even matter? Given that there were 18 other stalls open. Should I have said something or what would you do?