Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oxnard, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yuk. Building superchargers must be very difficult. San Juan got 98% complete and has been sitting around for over two months because of a technical problem. I could really use the SJC and the Oxnard SCs - as well as a bunch more that are not on the map yet!

The problem in both cases seems to be getting electricity to the site. This is the sort of thing you would think would be easily done in the 21st century.

Today I drove by the site and found some new markings on the pavement. Note: RD USA is the company slated to do the work and there you see their writing!

Attachments

• IMG_2076.jpg
    IMG_2076.jpg
    737 KB · Views: 877
  • IMG_2077.jpg
    IMG_2077.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 855
I have been able to confirm with Tesla that it will not be involved in installing the Level 2 charging stations that the landlord mall owner is required to install somewhere in the mall as a City condition within 12 months after the Tesla Supercharger comes online. The mall landlord will be using some other vendor or contractor for this. I correct my prior posts that were based on some discussions the City had during the planning process between the three parties.

No. My fall back was to stop in Hawthorne on my way back. It has been close, but I have made the 253 mile round trip a few times now without stopping. My SB trips are usually meetings. I have not looked for the SB charging option yet.

There are Chargepoints in a number of places in SB. I've used the one off of State Street in a parking garage while stopping for breakfast in SB since I have a 60 and it provided extra buffer to get between OC and Buellton. Until Oxnard is operational, I would scope out the charging stations in SB and take advantage of those so you don't have to hyper-mile or brave the 405 to go to Hawthorne.

Does anyone have an update on the Oxnard SC? We will be traveling down from Oregon to stay at Pepperdine U in Early May and are hoping this would be ready. Sounds pretty 'iffy' at this point.
Malibu is 110 miles from Buellton. With your 60, you can add charge at many J1772 in Santa Barbara and Ventura. I have used J1772 while staying at Pepper Tree Inn in SB. Recargo reports two SB hotels with HPWC for guests. I have had a good lunch at Aloha Grill while charging at Ventura Promenade Parking Structure. 4 J1772, $.50/hr, little chance of ICEing because site supervised by parking attendant. http://www.recargo.com/sites/3498

Malibu is 110 miles from Buellton. With your 60, you can add charge at many J1772 in Santa Barbara and Ventura. I have used J1772 while staying at Pepper Tree Inn in SB. Recargo reports two SB hotels with HPWC for guests. I have had a good lunch at Aloha Grill while charging at Ventura Promenade Parking Structure. 4 J1772, $.50/hr, little chance of ICEing because site supervised by parking attendant. http://www.recargo.com/sites/3498

NEMA 14-50 in Carpinteria: Rincon Engineering parking lot (weekends and holidays only) - Electric Car (EV) Charging Station - PlugShare
Tesla HPWC in Ventura: Spencers Ventura Mattress - Electric Car (EV) Charging Station - PlugShare

I drove by the Oxnard site yesterday. No action yet. I will be by there tomorrow as well.

I drove by the Oxnard site yesterday. No action yet. I will be by there tomorrow as well.

I drove by today and found new paint markings that apparently are from Underground Service Alert (U.S.A.) in a different but adjacent parking stall from before before that says "No SCE", "No TV" and "No VZW." I guess this is a message from USA to the contractor, RD Engineering and Construction, that it may dig underground at this location because there are no electric power (SCE), no cable (TV) and no Verizon Wireless (VZW) conduits at the proposed excavation site. what about gas & landline telephone? The prior markings mentioned SCG (gas) but not here.
Also I found blue and orange small flags in the dirt and plants along the fence for about 16 adjacent parking stalls. There still seems to be no electric power near the site.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,209
I drove by today and found new paint markings that apparently are from Underground Service Alert (U.S.A.) in a different but adjacent parking stall from before before that says "No SCE", "No TV" and "No VZW." I guess this is a message from USA to the contractor, RD Engineering and Construction, that it may dig underground at this location because there are no electric power (SCE), no cable (TV) and no Verizon Wireless (VZW) conduits at the proposed excavation site. what about gas & landline telephone? The prior markings mentioned SCG (gas) but not here.

Interesting. Seems more likely that they mean Verizon, not Verizon Wireless, since that is the local phone company, which would have buried infrastructure.

I visited the Oxnard site again today. There are no new markings on the pavement but I followed the many BD USA white chalk markings. They point straight to some large SCE power boxes several hundred feet away, towards the multi-level parking structure. Problem is there is a 24 Hour Fitness building being built and these arrows go right under the construction fence and through the construction area. I don't know if BD USA will be able to work in the same space at the same time as the 24 Hour Fitness builders or if BD will have to wait until 24 Hour Fitness is finished.

Can anybody confirm that this will be built at The Collection in Oxnard? The 'dealer' (or whatever they are called) informed us that Oxnard city council was holding up progression with this plan and Tesla was considering the Camarillo outlets.

Camarillo is fine as well, it's just that I've been hearing mixed stories and would like to get it straight.

Thanks.

Can anybody confirm that this will be built at The Collection in Oxnard? The 'dealer' (or whatever they are called) informed us that Oxnard city council was holding up progression with this plan and Tesla was considering the Camarillo outlets.

Camarillo is fine as well, it's just that I've been hearing mixed stories and would like to get it straight.

Thanks.

Yes confirmed as the Collection in Oxnard. Oxnard approved the final building permits on February 26, 2014. Site address 502 Town Center Drive, Oxnard 93036 (southeast of the H & M Store along the freeway fence).

Sicc--you owe an apology because you have falsely accused the City of Oxnard staff and City Council. Throughout the entire planning and approval process the City has been overwhelmingly in support of the project.

The real question for Tesla is why it has sat on fully-approved plans between late February and now (2 1/2 months) without breaking ground. It appears it is related to utility provisioning.

Construction is about to start because Underground Service Alert (USA) chalk markings have been observed on the site. Those markings approve contractor digging and are only valid for 30 days.

Last edited: