Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They look to be building another supercharging location in Napa. Near the outlets. I drove by there today and saw the electrical boxes going up.
Thanks for the heads up. If there is another Tesla Supercharger location under construction in Napa, please start a separate thread about it with the location address and any other information you have. Photos would be nice.

Before doing so, please verify that it is a Tesla Supercharger and not an Electrify America station or other kind of EV charger.

This thread is specifically for information and news about the existing Napa Supercharger. Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up. If there is another Tesla Supercharger location under construction in Napa, please start a separate thread about it with the location address and any other information you have. Photos would be nice.

Before doing so, please verify that it is a Tesla Supercharger and not an Electrify America station or other kind of EV charger.
I believe I've confirmed it via searching on Napa's permitting portal. New thread with details (but, as yet, still no pictures): Supercharger - Napa, CA - Napa Premium Outlets (construction started JUNE 2019, 20 stalls)

Anyone have any idea why this location caps charging to 80% at all times? I have visited the chargers three times over the past two weeks and each time I was the only one there but each charging session starts with a message on the app and the dashboard display that reads “High Usage Supercharger Station - Max battery charge of 80%”

No biggie, but curious about the blanket limitation.

I have been there a few times on weekends where it has been busy but generally it is not from my experiences.

Did it actually cap you at 80%?

Also it's not like it's the last charger to somewhere so the 80% is probably not a bad idea anyway. Charging again later down the road would save time than shoving the last 20% into the car as some seem to want to do.

Anyone have any idea why this location caps charging to 80% at all times?
The message you see on your display about limit charging to 80% can be over-ridden at any time by adjusting the charge limit slider (in the charging window on the center display) to whatever limit you want, including 100%.

Spotted a strange thing here today. I stopped by for a quick charger after the National Drive Electric Week event.

I was plugged in at one of the expanded spots on the side closer to the building and I was the only one there in the 4 spots when I drove off. As I turned onto the road and looked back I noticed a small queue had formed at the original spots as they were 100% full.

I wonder if better signage is needed to direct cars around the corner.

I almost pulled a uturn and back into the lots but really needed to be somewhere.

Hopefully they figured it out.

• Informative
Reactions: Blu Zap
Spotted a strange thing here today. I stopped by for a quick charger after the National Drive Electric Week event.

I was plugged in at one of the expanded spots on the side closer to the building and I was the only one there in the 4 spots when I drove off. As I turned onto the road and looked back I noticed a small queue had formed at the original spots as they were 100% full.

I wonder if better signage is needed to direct cars around the corner.

I almost pulled a uturn and back into the lots but really needed to be somewhere.

Hopefully they figured it out.

Those are the secret "locals only" chargers! ;)

I charged this morning before the National Drive Electric event at Napa Valley College.
I used one of the new charging stations "on the other side" Gotta' a full 117kW at 23%. Right next to the transformers, these chargers are hot!! Glad we know about them!

Heads up this location appears to be within the PG&E “public safety outage” scheduled from Wednesday morning this week for up to five days.

Thank you for posting this. I got many notifications from PGE about possible outage. I was still half asleep so I assumed they meant for today because of dry/windy weather. Looking back at the messages they are for this outage. I need to look more into this. Sounds like they will be shutting off my power.

Reactions: 21five
I stopped here as my first Supercharger experience since power was increased from ~120kW to ~145kW. Wow. It's fast. Nobody was here when I arrived and I plugged in and it ramped right up to 143kW. I went to the restroom, perused the nice spread of stuff in the Circle K, came back out and there was a Model 3 and a Model S charging. My wife and the two kids went inside too and we bought some stuff. By the time we were ready to go, the car had gone from 20% to 71%. We did a 308 mile round trip from Los Altos to Kelseyville and back with just that charging stop and got home with 38% remaining.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah and RubberToe
It's a very nice location, not terribly fussy to get to (other than the unlit corner off Soscol and Devlin, at night), and the folks working the Circle K are terrific. I've found the main group of stall full once, but the "extras" on the west side of them were all empty. The store has lots of extra Napa Valley-type stuff, and they keep the place clean. Highly recommended.

Stopped in for my usual fill on 1/2/2020 and found the upper-left ring terminal deformed and un-insertable on Charger 1B. Still messed-up a week later, but now there was a piece of plastic broken off inside. I wrote Tesla and told, but as of 1-29 it was still broken, but coned-off.
No huge impact, but it is taking them a while to get it fixed. Will update.

Reactions: goldengate