Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, this probably explains why Tesla's phone recording said, "your hold time is greater than 40 minutes" when I tried to report a broken charger at Gila Bend, AZ and 4 broken chargers in Yuma, AZ. Now you can't even charge in San Diego when you finally get there without going to an alternate location. Might have to bring solar panels and plan to stay a few months.

They no longer want yiu to call in problems
34E2A617-85E3-4338-80C4-B1E565078BEA.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Jazz3D
Any ideas what was going on there yesterday, March 11? My nav screen showed this site as temporarily out of service. The Del Mar Heights site was shown as reduced service. All the others in the San Diego area were normal.

I saw a post in the local FB group that indicated they were all offline, and showed a technician was there working on them. Likely needed to shut them down to fix a few broken ones. Bad timing with this rain though...

Or this

Coronavirus.

I did, just for the sake of trying to make the names of thread titles (more) consistent with the official Tesla names.

Bruce.

Considering there about 5 superchargers in the City of San Diego, now, I think it should have a more specific name. It seems that Tesla names the others after streets, so if you want to follow that pattern, it's "San Diego, CA - Pacific Heights Blvd". (Why Tesla never renamed this supercharger after adding others in the same city, I have no idea.) I think naming it after the neighborhood makes more sense. (Years ago, in our boredom waiting for this supercharger to finish construction, we debated what neighborhood it was actually in. :)) But either way, I more specific name would be good, IMO.

Reactions: logan
Considering there about 5 superchargers in the City of San Diego, now, I think it should have a more specific name. It seems that Tesla names the others after streets, so if you want to follow that pattern, it's "San Diego, CA - Pacific Heights Blvd". (Why Tesla never renamed this supercharger after adding others in the same city, I have no idea.) I think naming it after the neighborhood makes more sense. (Years ago, in our boredom waiting for this supercharger to finish construction, we debated what neighborhood it was actually in. :)) But either way, I more specific name would be good, IMO.

I can just put "Sorrento Valley" back. Ultimately as you implied, it would be better for everyone if Tesla would just rename the Supercharger so that it's not so ambiguous.

Bruce.

And now the mod (Bruce?) took the worst of the four options, sigh. IMHO, of course. Even after he got different feedback from people here. I think this thread has had three different names now.

No, that other feedback came after I changed it back. You-all weren't complaining about "San Diego / Sorrento Valley" before, so undoing the change seemed the safest thing to do. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, apparently. :mad:

Note that any of the other choices ("Qualcomm", "Pacific Heights Blvd.") is going to be different from what supercharge.info, the in-car nav, and the Tesla "Find Me" page say. That's confusing in and of itself, and something I've been trying to fix little-by-little across all of the California Supercharger threads the last few months.

Bruce.