Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another Model S owner looking for free parking...

I beg your pardon? There is long term parking there. Why would I not want to long term park there, get a shuttle to and from the terminal, then charge up before I return home? So judgmental. Another Model S owner quick to judge and condemn others.

- - - Updated - - -

But the Superchargers are not for long term parking when you are on a flight.

see above

BTW, this should be moved to NorthEast, JFK/NY is not Mid Atlantic

Last edited:
I beg your pardon? There is long term parking there. Why would I not want to long term park there, get a shuttle to and from the terminal, then charge up before I return home? So judgmental. Another Model S owner quick to judge and condemn others.

- - - Updated - - -

see above

BTW, this should be moved to NorthEast, JFK/NY is not Mid Atlantic

If you go to the website for the plaza, JFK International Airport - Airport Plazas it doesn't sound like they are providing long term parking, but they do shuttle if they are repairing your car... I'm not sure exactly what the deal is.

The Mods have placed NY into the Mid Atlantic section. If you click North America - you will see the states for each section.

Peter

I charged today at the JFK Supercharger. Below are photos. I think these are the newer faster Superchargers , I think the 90 kW or better supercharger because they charged very fast , much faster than the Superchargers in CT.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Congrats on a successful charge AD?? ;)

Was the Supercharger easy to find?

I note the directions on the Tesla website mention only when you are coming from the Belt Parkway. Did u come from the Belt Parkway too, or from some point North?

Mostly agree with all you say, but going up/down the East Coast, it's kinda like "choose your poison" when it comes to rush hour; unless driving overnight, one almost has to hit someone's rush hour. So through poor planning, I've hit NYC rush hour a couple of times. Ugh....

Bt like I said, I'm with you. Actually, the Glenn Allen and Rocky Mount Superchargers are a bit off the beaten track (I think like 4 miles, some on back roads, each, which is more than a non-rush hour highway 6 miles). I'm not complaining! But I think I was spoiled by the DE and CT Superchargers. ;-) Not all are/will be that convenient.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. We occasionally visit friends in Manhattan (staying at a hotel in Fort Lee, NJ, as I recall), so while it's good to have an option, regardless...I'm guessing we'd be more likely to sip from the HPWC at the Paramus store instead of using this. :)

Kendallpb,

Not sure if you know about the planned Edison NJ SC location for your Fort Lee trips. The SC doesn't have approval yet from the town Zoning Board (Tesla is working with them on the design of the fencing surrounding the equipment, hopefully it will be approved at the Jan. 14th meeting.) If or when this SC is running, you could stop in Edison for a top up (it is about 90-100 miles from Newark DE), and I am guessing 40 miles to Fort Lee. Depending on how much you use your car in Fort Lee and driving into NYC, you might be able to bypass Edison on the way home and make it back to Delaware or easily back to Edison. By the way, the Edison location will be 10-15 minutes from exit 10 of the NJ Turnpike .

I stopped and charged today at JFK SC on my way from Southern MD to Eastern L.I. They are 120 kWh Superchargers. Not sure when they opened, but Wendy's and 7-11 are 24/7 now. Two other Teslas showed while I was there. Here are some pics.

IMG_1847.jpg
IMG_1853.jpg

Last time I called I think it was Service, then Superchargers, to get to the correct person, (perhaps Service -> 24hour Roadside Assistance -> Superchargers). They have changed their phone system order a few times. It is important to call them, they have live links to the Superchargers and can see what they are seeing from their side. They should, in theory, know what is going on/wrong already but it's always good talk with them about it.

Peter

I tried...seemed like a default number for sales and services...every time I put in the charger, it would wait a few seconds and then turn red like it was unplugged or I didn't put it in properly.

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of months ago at Darien, tried both chargers, both seemed to limit at 30kW, it was late, and I asked service about it at the same time as the 90/120kW so figuring out what happened got lost in the mix. I charged again the next day at normal rates... Sorry for the lack of good info, figuring out what was going on was pushed fairly far down my list :)

Currently charging at JFK and I don't know if it's the cold but the rate is relatively abysmal

u3agenug.jpg

They have blocked off access to the majority of the parking spaces in the lot with the superchargers.
So the one open lane with the superchargers is now a dead end.
Anybody know what the cars inside the blocked off area are? They all seem to be somewhat new so maybe rental cars?

rIMG_0320.jpg

rrrIMG_0323.jpg

rIMG_0319.jpg