Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Cruces, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just stopped by to check out this construction site. I try not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but this is just a terrible location. I always kind of liked Las Cruces and found it to be one of the better places to stop on the long boring stretch from Tucson to San Antonio (or Dallas or Austin), but this is not a nice part of Las Cruces. And being across the street from the truck stops is a real head scratcher. I'm not sure how busy that street gets during the day but obviously Tesla owners will be jaywalking to the restrooms all day.

The one thing it has going for it is that it's an easy on/off from I-10. All the better locations I can think of are either on I-25 or diversions off of both freeways (like say down near the university).
I thought about this too. It's also near the sewage treatment plant.
But I couldn't think of a better location for quick on/off for the freeway.
A new store or cafe is going up.
Just stopped by to check out this construction site. I try not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but this is just a terrible location. I always kind of liked Las Cruces and found it to be one of the better places to stop on the long boring stretch from Tucson to San Antonio (or Dallas or Austin), but this is not a nice part of Las Cruces. And being across the street from the truck stops is a real head scratcher. I'm not sure how busy that street gets during the day but obviously Tesla owners will be jaywalking to the restrooms all day.

The one thing it has going for it is that it's an easy on/off from I-10. All the better locations I can think of are either on I-25 or diversions off of both freeways (like say down near the university).
I can't think of another location with such easy on/off.

Reactions: IdaX and lopezch19
I count 15 stalls: odd. 13 on the main line and two across the parking lot right next to this new building. The new building had two labeled “suites” — each look perfect for a sandwich shop. Still not paved in the lot. All e- dispensers installed but with cloth covering sacks on them. Not powered: I pulled a handle off through the cloth and hit the button but it didn’t open my charge port.

Looks to me like the chargers themselves aren’t the limiting factor on getting this location going. Instead the building and parking lot are the slow links right now. They’re pretty far away though — looks like a few months still to me.

IMG_5119.jpeg
IMG_5120.jpeg
IMG_5121.jpeg
IMG_5122.jpeg
IMG_5123.jpeg

Thanks for the update. Looks like it will be some time before completed. Hopefully completed by early December. Was thinking of going to white sands Natl park close to then. If not hold off till spring break time and go to Chiricahua monument as well. Know there is charging options in las cruces but using SuC is just easier.

Reactions: Tyl and IdaX
Take a look!

Base rock has been rolled; ready for asphalting.
The building is coming along. Inside appears to be getting a counter. There is a transformer on site.

Attachments

• IMG_5110.jpeg
    IMG_5110.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_5111.jpeg
    IMG_5111.jpeg
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5112.jpeg
    IMG_5112.jpeg
    770.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5113.jpeg
    IMG_5113.jpeg
    971.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5114.jpeg
    IMG_5114.jpeg
    975.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5115.jpeg
    IMG_5115.jpeg
    536.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5116.jpeg
    IMG_5116.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5117.jpeg
    IMG_5117.jpeg
    854.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5118.jpeg
    IMG_5118.jpeg
    579.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5119.jpeg
    IMG_5119.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
Anxiously monitoring this stop as we'll be traveling through there in a week and a half haha 😅 does anyone local have any updates?
Asphalt is down, they're still working on the interior of the building. Still no word on what its going to be but it looks to have a drive thru. Probably another month or 2 before completion. I drive by there everyday, I'll be sure to post here when I see it go live.

Asphalt is down, they're still working on the interior of the building. Still no word on what its going to be but it looks to have a drive thru. Probably another month or 2 before completion. I drive by there everyday, I'll be sure to post here when I see it go live.
Was speaking to someone familiar with the project, apparently it’s gonna be some Tesla themed cafe or something lol.

Attachments

• IMG_7727.jpeg
    IMG_7727.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: Texshark
Speaking of Tesla themed…..

Oooooo! could it be a ‘Milliways’?

New Mexico IS —- ‘Spook Central’ for aliens.

….. and….. Milliways IS at the intersection of the end of the universe and —- the end of time.

ref: Hollywood CA’s forthcoming project @ Santa Monica Blvd and Orange St.

Tesla might want to grab the name as it travels us into the future. Other names?

Area 52?
Area 10-25?
Millxicoways?

Our galactic penny is … gaining in value🥴🥴🤪

Ref: Ladies and gentlemen, the Universe as we know it has now been in existence for over one hundred and seventy thousand million billion years and will be ending in a little over half an hour. So, welcome one and all to Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe!

Attachments

• 1693848891489.png
    1693848891489.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Exit 139 off I-10.

A coffee brew house and a 🥴dispensary🥴

Attachments

• IMG_5211.jpeg
    IMG_5211.jpeg
    634.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_5210.jpeg