Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lancelin, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was here today, charged at the WA EV charger no worries at all. The Tesla stalls are strange, the centre space can't be used it's not as wide as my wife's Model 3, the bay on the right is very close to the curb it would be extremely tight.
I got out the tape measure today, at Lancelin Superchargers it’s 2.5metres between the white lines on the middle bay. On the end bay it’s 2.4m between the kerb and the SC stall. By comparison at the Karrinyup SC it’s 2.7m line to line.

• Informative
Reactions: cafz
Meaning you have about a child's handspan of clearance on either side if you're perfectly centred.
Indeed, I wasn't going to chime back in but I do think this is noteworthy. Sorry I wasn't quite correct, it seems you can get your car in the middle bay, but lets be fair if you pulled in front-first planning to use the rear charger you'd want to be hugging one side and be skinny as a rake to get out of your door (if it was possible at all). Literally CM's. Normal car bays are 2.4m sure, but cars either side are not hard up against (and in fact over) the line on both sides.

It's great they're there thank you Tesla! All good feelings :) It's just a curious configuration. I wonder why they didn't just put them across three bays, with the end bay it could have been located at the front of the bay just on the other side where the curb starts. Then again, much (much) smarter people then me plan this stuff, I wager it'll all make sense when it opens! :D

I wonder why they didn't just put them across three bays
I don't understand why they put them between the bays at all.

Having them along the rear of the bays makes so much more sense, eg the way they've done it at Goulburn NSW

GB.jpg

I don't understand why they put them between the bays at all.

Having them along the rear of the bays makes so much more sense, eg the way they've done it at Goulburn NSW

View attachment 954860
I think it was part of their lessons learnt from non teslas charging at supercharger, to allow for a mored varied vehicle charging port location, well at least until we start to see more widely v4 style superchargers.
Unfortunately they now seem to need to learn the lesson of what minimum width parking bay location is suitable or whether they need to insist on widening the bays by taking up an extra space.

Reactions: Vostok
Indeed, I wasn't going to chime back in but I do think this is noteworthy. Sorry I wasn't quite correct, it seems you can get your car in the middle bay, but lets be fair if you pulled in front-first planning to use the rear charger you'd want to be hugging one side and be skinny as a rake to get out of your door (if it was possible at all). Literally CM's. Normal car bays are 2.4m sure, but cars either side are not hard up against (and in fact over) the line on both sides.

It's great they're there thank you Tesla! All good feelings :) It's just a curious configuration. I wonder why they didn't just put them across three bays, with the end bay it could have been located at the front of the bay just on the other side where the curb starts. Then again, much (much) smarter people then me plan this stuff, I wager it'll all make sense when it opens! :D
AS2890 requires end bays to be 300mm wider and to have at least 1000mm additional width in the aisle for the car to reverse into when departing (so driveway must extend 1m past the car space).
In a 2.4m wide space the columns are only permitted in a specific space which is clear of doors. This is where the chargers should be placed if side mounted

Reactions: Blue heaven
Yes. I wonder if it is because they have chosen to use the space next to the island with the tall power pole.

1 car will park nose to kerb and use the charger closest to the traffic aisle. The other two will park rear to kerb and use the other two chargers in the more common arrangement.

I wonder if it has to do with cable runs and where they could go without having to cut existing concrete, especially with the reinforcement that might be around those bollards. I think that might be why they have gone with those three spaces rather than the three on the other side of the pole. Had they been there things would probably have looked like usual.

The trade off is that the charger closer to the traffic aisle is more at risk of collisions.