Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Taree, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I think everyone else uses my trailer more than I ever have. It caged and braked so gets used whenever anyone moves stuff. I’ve carted gravel and sand etc but these days the truck just delivers it.
Once my trailer came back after being gone for 2 weeks covered in red bull dust.
I think I’ll just sell it, although the mesh walls make a good clothes line when it’s parked in the shed.

I use my caged 7x4 most often as a staging area for bulk waste until I have enough to justify a tip run. It's been great not having to worry about managing skip bins during recent work and save quite a bit of money in the process...

I'm looking forward to my next trip to Taree to see the new superchargers in person.

Reactions: dronus
Used to do a lot of those but my local council has a $65 fee for extra kerbside collection. So tip visits no longer.

Would be interesting to go to Taree with a box trailer to investigate the end charger bay.
I would but I don’t have a towbar and taking the ice car with the trailer from Adelaide to Taree to look at the EV charger might be somewhat weird.

Well I wonder if this SC will be completed given Elon’s tantrum decision to nuke the entire SC team and reports that contractors are already getting bounced emails.

If they don’t have confidence they will get paid, they will simply pack up their tools and walk away.

Well I wonder if this SC will be completed given Elon’s tantrum decision to nuke the entire SC team and reports that contractors are already getting bounced emails.

If they don’t have confidence they will get paid, they will simply pack up their tools and walk away.
I'd like to see the first hand reports first: the internet has many attributes but spreading misinformation is one of them!
Having said that, it's been obvious for years that he's a nutter and this should not surprise us.

Found this comment under Taree SC PlugShare entry, I agree that it should open to all brands vechiles, but the price part is amusing
1714715295627.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: cafz and coref1
Haha... posted by George. I bet it's the exact same George who is always saying the same thing on TheDriven comments:

View attachment 1043958
LMAO what does he expect?

He doesn't have to use it, he can use his EV makers network.

Oh wait...

And he wants supercharging at household rates lol

I love people who make comments without the slightest clue what they are talking about

Yeah, how is the install and operational cost recouped at household supply rates even with NSW Govt funds? He has the option to use the Evie charger at the Taree service centre off the motorway. When/If it's working but it too is not household rates. We're just lucky that Taree is so far along completion is assured (as per an email from Tesla I read). Pity many of the other needed sites are now dead in the water. I'm in Taree this coming Monday and will view the progress with interest.

Yeah, how is the install and operational cost recouped at household supply rates even with NSW Govt funds? He has the option to use the Evie charger at the Taree service centre off the motorway. When/If it's working but it too is not household rates. We're just lucky that Taree is so far along completion is assured (as per an email from Tesla I read). Pity many of the other needed sites are now dead in the water. I'm in Taree this coming Monday and will view the progress with interest.

He should build his own EV charging network and charge household rates, sounds like it's so easy to do!

So much confusion and FUD out in the Facebook / real life/ internet / news / media in general. The people that write those sorts of comments are very inward looking and do not consider the whole picture. I expect to pay more when DC fast charging away from home. At home I use the cheapest night rate I can and any excess solar I have. I would also expect that the owner of the DC fast charging station makes a return on the investment. I was abused once for charging at the NRMA at Nabiac because I owned a Tesla. Last time I looked it is CCS2 so I can charge it where I need too. The other persons perspective it was it was not for Tesla's to use? I hope they get Taree on the air. It's been coming for a long time. Evie at the Service centre whilst more reliable now was hit and miss and the proposed sites are still coming someday soon, we all hope.

Reactions: Jules22
So much confusion and FUD out in the Facebook / real life/ internet / news / media in general. The people that write those sorts of comments are very inward looking and do not consider the whole picture. I expect to pay more when DC fast charging away from home.
Some just don't get business concepts.

Probably also complains at paying more than $1 for a can in a vending machine, and thinks Coles and Woolworths should have their prices because they are making too much money.

And at the same time probably spent $2000 installing a wall charger with a life of say 5yrs, and uses it to charge about 6000km (say 1000kWh) per annum.
Oh look there's a $0.40/kWh hidden cost.

Reactions: jacko306