Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the sake of comedy, use their online route planner and pick a MX 75D and route Houston to El Paso. It turns a 750 mile trip into a 2600 mile trip because of the hole in Ft. Stockton. I’m tempted to tweet the screen capture to Elon...lol
Even with the most conservative routing through OKC, Flagstaff and Tucson, I get <1900 miles. Curious what their online route planner shows.

Just received a "thank you ....however......but......" boilerplate response from Seng Goo | Tesla Executive Care.

Perhaps the 50th complaint will get a better response.

Same response received here, reflecting a poor choice by Goo, who inserted words to the effect that there's nothing more he [wants to] can do. I do not expect or appreciate boilerplate from an escalation from owners and shareholders; especially boilerplate that fails to provide a path to someone who will take ownership and accountability.

It's unacceptable.

Evidently, this needs to become more annoying for Tesla than to for them to simply follow through upon their own years-late commitment and dozens/hundreds of boilerplate BS emails that completely lack any kind of accountability.

Multiple viable sites have been selected *in For(got)t(en) Stockton. An electrical contractor in this very thread has stepped up for consideration. Others are absolutely willing to serve as ad hoc liaisons should the Tesla SC area representative no longer be with the company or be otherwise distracted. The only thing we haven't done is resolve whatever problems that have been created to date either by Tesla via a lack of communication/negotiated payment or by others involved in the process at the local or county levels. Well, that and we haven't yet built the site for them.

Options that come to mind include tweets, letters (actual letters - not emails) via Investor Relations, billboards (you should see what some have chosen to put on the billboard that's less than 100 yards from the first stage of a Falcon 9 rocket on the corner adjacent SpaceX HQ in SoCal), articles, letters to various editors, full page ads, and banners.

I'm considering a very large banner to be placed at both the Best Western and the Flying J that says, "Future Tesla Supercharger Location Here. Maybe. What's the problem, Elon? Even Ira Yates' house in Iraan has a 70A charger!"

Or perhaps: "Evidently, Tesla doesn't think Fort Stockton deserves a Supercharger - Come on down Electrify America!" *twitch* that just hurts to type, frankly. I defer to the group for better slogans and messaging.

What's that I hear? An ounce of sugar is more effective than a pound of salt? OK, fine. How many times of saying "Please, sir, may I have another" equals an ounce?

In the spirit of further understanding, feel free to add granularity to the following:

Site selection
Permit process [...]
Ground/site work
Electrical work
Utility engagement (transformer/supply)
Inspections
Tesla last step
Grand Opening/Golden Spike Ceremony
And there was much rejoicing.

I've seen how hard other SC reps and local chambers of commerce have worked (see Custer, SD, Redondo Beach, Culver City, all that had their own challenges). Can't imagine this has been all a Tesla problem in Fort Stockton either, given the givens, but clearly something is very much stuck. Especially since multiple host property reps are on record as stating that they very much want to move forward. In more than one part of the country, *that's* the hard part.

Getting boilerplate responses to escalations instead of immediate assistance to get to a specific person who *will* take ownership until resolution (see the Apple way, for example) is decidedly Not Helpful and borders upon the offensive.

Last edited:
I got the same BS email. OK guys, we've tried being nice. Anyone on the thread a New York Lawyer with a Ft. Stockton fetish? We need a mean SOB to get nasty.... where is a TSLA short when you need them? WSJ article: Tesla fails to charge cars on I-10 corridor, 5 owners remain missing.

Reactions: plumazul
Some scary screen shots from last years trip Ozona to van horn in sub freezing weather.

Yes, I know, not too legible. But it shows basically 13% predicted range arriving in Ozona at start of trip, traveling at 60 mph in 80 mph zone, and something like 144 predicted miles left with 92 actual miles to go. Not fun.

Attachments

• A8B9ECA7-20DD-4C71-A644-689B22369DCA.jpeg
    A8B9ECA7-20DD-4C71-A644-689B22369DCA.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 543237E1-E828-4C8F-9DF1-E2803A3F24D0.jpeg
    543237E1-E828-4C8F-9DF1-E2803A3F24D0.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 6EAF15E0-2CC8-411A-84D5-DC5DFB367CFA.jpeg
    6EAF15E0-2CC8-411A-84D5-DC5DFB367CFA.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 61
Some scary screen shots from last years trip Ozona to van horn in sub freezing weather.

Yes, I know, not too legible. But it shows basically 13% predicted range arriving in Ozona at start of trip, traveling at 60 mph in 80 mph zone, and something like 144 predicted miles left with 92 actual miles to go. Not fun.

A SC in Fort Stockton is obviously the preferred solution... but there is a L2 in Iraan that gives at least ~50A...

Man, the fact that those numbers are scary to most people on the forum makes me realize I have really really bad hypermiling judgement. I look at that screen and think, "kill the climate control, radio and toss the water out the window to save weight, this puppy ain't stopping until El Paso!"

Man, the fact that those numbers are scary to most people on the forum makes me realize I have really really bad hypermiling judgement. I look at that screen and think, "kill the climate control, radio and toss the water out the window to save weight, this puppy ain't stopping until El Paso!"
Yeah that wouldn't be scary to me at all. Just a typical Tesla road trip situation :)

I have gotten nervous a couple times when it gives a negative percentage on arrival and/or says "Charging needed to reach destination," but I've made it every time. I've been on 0 rated miles two or three times when arriving at a supercharger, but I've heard of negative rated miles and I've never pushed it that far. Every time it's happened to me, I've had <1 mile to go when it hit 0 RMs.

Yeah that wouldn't be scary to me at all. Just a typical Tesla road trip situation :)

I have gotten nervous a couple times when it gives a negative percentage on arrival and/or says "Charging needed to reach destination," but I've made it every time. I've been on 0 rated miles two or three times when arriving at a supercharger, but I've heard of negative rated miles and I've never pushed it that far. Every time it's happened to me, I've had <1 mile to go when it hit 0 RMs.
I learned my lesson with 0 miles remaining the last mile on a flat tire I earned from slow driving slow in the service lane of a highway into Sweetwater.... This may be the only time I’ve run through a red light at 2 mph to not lose momentum while truckers and country boys shook their head in disgust at the site of the electric sports car limping to the finish line

I'm pretty jaded at this point, I think the only thing that would sound promising to me would be charliepmayer posting something to the effect of "hey they finally connected power to the SC station in FS, all the stalls are active". With pictures.

I happened to click on the LinkedIn page of DTEL Engineering and Consultants - the company that did the York, PA SC.
It said this:
Seeking EXPERIENCED, QUALIFIED, REPUTABLE civil and electrical crews in Peco / Fort Stockton, TX

Sign of progress?

Was it @nwdiver who offered his firm's services for consideration? Apologies if I've misremembered. I've been into the vintage ale for quality control purposes (some of it just turned 3 years old - gotta love bottle conditioning).

If you have a chance, maybe send that to Tesla via their executive escalation link, to the attention of Messr. Goo. I've seen worse legs (there's a certain twisted art to arriving with 0% after living in the negatives for miles on end), but with the eve of the mass market upon us, this last link in the East-West transcontinental chain is only going to become more impactful. Could tell Goo there's a golden spike in it for him/her. I bet we'd even sign it for posterity at the Golden Spike soiree. Now you can't get that just anywhere.

I still find that boilerplate response we received to be somewhere between offensive and incompetent. Had it been handed off to the correct SC team leader (or executive in charge thereof, or even the area rep if he hasn't been laid off or quit) who *then* followed up with (any of) us, that would have at least been something. And god forbid they post in this thread (see the model put forth by JonMc and George Blankenship before him). If from their perspective, the status is something like "pending an approved subcontractor" (see above), then fine - let's move along already.

Instead, it appears that "executive escalation" is nothing more than a higher level of getting the attempted brush-off at an SvC (see the recent Burbank thread). Not an impressive look.

Was it @nwdiver who offered his firm's services for consideration? Apologies if I've misremembered. I've been into the vintage ale for quality control purposes (some of it just turned 3 years old - gotta love bottle conditioning).

Yes; I spoke to Ft Stockton a few weeks ago and according to them Tesla was still shopping for a contractor. I may reach out to DTEL...