Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Curve for SR (downgraded from SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re in that boat, worth holding out for a possible price drop once the tax credit expires — if they lower the price again you could conceivably upgrade for the cost of autopilot and effectively get the SR+ upgrades for free (not to mention the fact that you got at least some tax credit). Interesting arbitrage opportunity.

Yes exactly why I bought the SR vs SR+ arbitrage opportunity early 2020 ( and I can charge the upgrade on my card for points which they wouldn't allow for base price :( )

So my sister just bought a SR model 3 and has about 600 miles on the car. But her max mileage fully charged is down to 213 miles already? Is this normal as I have a 2018 m3p+ and have only lost 6 miles of range and I have 22,000 miles on mine.

It's been reported that there is a software bug in the range reading. I wouldn't read much into it. Remember that the SR has that smaller software locked battery. Degradation should be far less noticable on an SR vs an SR+. I can charge mine up to 100% and get anywhere from 215-220 range reported.

Reactions: vickh
I think there’s something going on with the software, because when I had an SR+, I was getting 238 miles at 100% as recently as a few weeks ago (with 5 months and 15k miles on the car). The day after the SR downgrade, I was only getting 209 at 100%

It's been reported that there is a software bug in the range reading. I wouldn't read much into it. Remember that the SR has that smaller software locked battery. Degradation should be far less noticable on an SR vs an SR+. I can charge mine up to 100% and get anywhere from 215-220 range reported.

yes I would hope the locked part would share/protect degradation

Dumb question, but I recently sat in a new Model 3 SR+ in the Southlake gallery and was surprised to see heated rear seats.

Yes, I double checked and it was an SR+, and yes, the rear seats actually got hot too.

Thus, I believe the hardware IS there on nearly all SR+'s, and that it's just a software lock out.

Has anyone been able to unlock those heated rear seats on other Model 3's? It seem like it would be a VERY high margin move for Tesla to establish a way to "enable" some specific after-the-fact upgrades for SR and SR+ buyers, no? I'd guess it might even be done with OTA signal, via the owner's web portal after payment of $XXX dollars, so the profit margin would then be as close to 100% as one can get.

Elon: what am I missing here?

Dumb question, but I recently sat in a new Model 3 SR+ in the Southlake gallery and was surprised to see heated rear seats.

Yes, I double checked and it was an SR+, and yes, the rear seats actually got hot too.

Thus, I believe the hardware IS there on nearly all SR+'s, and that it's just a software lock out.

Has anyone been able to unlock those heated rear seats on other Model 3's? It seem like it would be a VERY high margin move for Tesla to establish a way to "enable" some specific after-the-fact upgrades for SR and SR+ buyers, no? I'd guess it might even be done with OTA signal, via the owner's web portal after payment of $XXX dollars, so the profit margin would then be as close to 100% as one can get.

Elon: what am I missing here?
i havent been able to unlock my rear seat heaters but i had them until the last update. I got my car in june and had the rear heated seats on, and they became warm, until the first week of September.

My SR battery used to charge to 220. They replaced the original battery at 1K miles due to jack point damage that occured before delivery and now the replacement charges to ~211. I asked to see the battery health report they can generate but they told me to piss off, essentially. It would be great if this was a software bug but they said nothing about that being a possibility. Would love for that to be the case and see 220 at full charge again, at least in the beginning of the life of the new battery and then see degradation further down the road than immediately.

Anyone seen a drop in estimated range after V10 on the SR?
Mine had stabilized at 212-ish but have a sudden drop of 6 more miles after V10.
Image-1.png

Wouldn't it make sense for Tesla to not use the ENTIRELY top lock approach? I would think keeping 10% to 25% of the locked capacity at the bottom to help avoid issues when the battery is damaged by draining too low would be the smart thing to do from the manufacture who is offering the warranty perspective (IMO)

Wouldn't it make sense for Tesla to not use the ENTIRELY top lock approach? I would think keeping 10% to 25% of the locked capacity at the bottom to help avoid issues when the battery is damaged by draining too low would be the smart thing to do from the manufacture who is offering the warranty perspective (IMO)
They already do keep a portion of the capacity reserved at the bottom for ALL batteries for that reason. I wouldn't think they would want to have to change that part of their code based on whether it's a "locked" version of a battery or not.

They already do keep a portion of the capacity reserved at the bottom for ALL batteries for that reason. I wouldn't think they would want to have to change that part of their code based on whether it's a "locked" version of a battery or not.
The point is they have some buffer at the bottom already. This just validates the importance. Now with a battery with locked capacity, why not put SOME of it at the bottom simply to increase that margin? Again, not a big deal, but I would put 90% at top and 10% at the bottom to increase that margin a bit more....