Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian winter - best practices for preconditioning battery for best efficiency?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh.... I've also been told that the service screen has a mechanism to discharge the battery and recharge to determine the % of deterioration. I think warranty must maintain 75% of original....also told that Tesla will perform this test if requested (at what cost!?). I'm afraid of Tesla. I've gone in with a $54 estimate and crawled away with a $1500 bill. Another with a low estimate for a $900 fuse.
That does exist. You don't need Tesla to do it. You can go into service and run the test yourself.

Reactions: Justjim
Yeah, doing the discharge and recharge can help the BMS report a more accurate state of charge (for a while), but there was no reason to "trickle" charge on 120v. Any level of AC charging is slow enough from the battery's point of view.
My options were 120V 15A or 220V 45A.
Yeah, doing the discharge and recharge can help the BMS report a more accurate state of charge (for a while), but there was no reason to "trickle" charge on 120v. Any level of AC charging is slow enough from the battery's point of view.
...and now I know it takes 2 1/2 days to charge on 120V. LOL