Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coeur d'Alene, ID (LIVE Feb 2015, 6 V2 + 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the SpringHill Suites Marriott in Coeur D'Alene to see if construction was underway. It was not. Spoke with Matt Hoffman, the Director of Sales at the hotel. He reported that the SC would not be at the SpringHill as planned due to zoning restrictions regarding the number of parking spaces on the property. He was disappointed because the SC would not be on the property. He knew the SC would be in CDA, but did not know where. He reported that he has been working with Tesla and planned to install two HPWC's at the hotel.

I'll be in the area for a day or two. If anyone has information regarding the new site location, I'll be glad to check it out.

Still great news about the HPWC. Will be a nice amenity for anyone looking to spend the night. Location will show up on the Tesla Find Us webpage which should help business.

Some new info for ya'll. Have you seen the new link on TeslaMotors.com under the Find Us link? Check it out. If you uncheck the boxes for sales and service centers and just check mark " Chargers" you will see large markers for SC's and small markers for Tesla HPWC both 40 amp and 80 amp listings. The Coeur d' Alene Resort is listed as having 2 - 80 Amp Tesla HPWC and would be available if you had a meal or a massage or any service from them. It's a super high priced resort but I just called them and they confirmed that have a meal and you can get an 80 amp charge. It's right on the lake so the views would be awesome while you wait. I just found out that Driggs, Idaho has a new Vodka Distillery and they are a new "Tesla Charging Partner". So now I can drive to the Tetons and have access to 40 amps from this 80 amp power supply without the hassle of making arrangements with a trailer parK. Jackson Hole here we come! Unfortunately I did not order Twin Chargers, so I will not get the full advantage from these 80 amp sources. If this becomes a trend, however, and more of these pop up to meet my traveling needs, I just might need to invest in getting a second Charger installed. If I had to do it over, I would order the twin chargers with any new Model S purchase.

Some new info for ya'll. Have you seen the new link on TeslaMotors.com under the Find Us link? Check it out. If you uncheck the boxes for sales and service centers and just check mark " Chargers" you will see large markers for SC's and small markers for Tesla HPWC both 40 amp and 80 amp listings. The Coeur d' Alene Resort is listed as having 2 - 80 Amp Tesla HPWC and would be available if you had a meal or a massage or any service from them. It's a super high priced resort but I just called them and they confirmed that have a meal and you can get an 80 amp charge. It's right on the lake so the views would be awesome while you wait. I just found out that Driggs, Idaho has a new Vodka Distillery and they are a new "Tesla Charging Partner". So now I can drive to the Tetons and have access to 40 amps from this 80 amp power supply without the hassle of making arrangements with a trailer parK. Jackson Hole here we come! Unfortunately I did not order Twin Chargers, so I will not get the full advantage from these 80 amp sources. If this becomes a trend, however, and more of these pop up to meet my traveling needs, I just might need to invest in getting a second Charger installed. If I had to do it over, I would order the twin chargers with any new Model S purchase.

The resort is well worth a stop, awesome views.

Well, I guess the supercharger at Cor de Lane was only a dream, any one out there have any info on it?? With the new opening in Superior, MT the e-mail I got stated the it would help with travel between Spokane and points east. Problem is there is no charging to speak of in Spokane from Ritzville WA to Superior, MT on Google Maps is 229 mi and there is a HUGE climb coming out of Idaho (if I remember ). Done that route 2 or 3 times on our Goldwing, but it has been a few years.
We want to attend a large Model S rally in Custer SD next spring and I don't think the charging is there to make it. Any info would be sweet.

EV Trip Planner says it is 199 miles and will take 228 rated miles at speed factor of 1 and temp of 60 degrees. Doable in an MS85 in favorable weather. Drive a little slower or if you are running out of electrons or stop at the Silver Dollar Bar in Haugan, Mt. (31 miles west of Superior) for food/bio break and charge (free) on one of there two NEMA 14-50 outlets in the camp area behind the building.

A better plan would be to stop at the hotel in Coeur d'Alene and charge for free on one of their two HPWC's while you eat at their restaurant (you have to be a "guest" to use the chargers). This assumes no other SC's are completed between Ritzville and Superior before your trip.

Great info, thanks a bunch. Just found out the bigger worry is the waste land between eastern Montana and Custer SD. Oh, and I have not been able to get my EV Trip Planer account to give me anything but the contribute to my collage fund page for over a week. Grrrrrrrr.

We are planning a Spring 2015 trip from Washington to Kansas. While it seems possible to make it from the Ritzville, WA SC to the Superior, MT SC I have been looking for an "assurance" charge opportunity in Coeur d'Alene, ID. On the Tesla Motors Super Charger site I found two 80A Tesla HPWC at the Coeur d'Alene Resort. They are listed as guest only but I am hoping that eating at their restaurant counts. I will be calling them later this month and will post what I find out. As to driving from Ritzville to Superior it is a 199 mile segment through the mountains. EV Trip Planner (set at 300 Lbs/40 degrees/0.9 Speed) indicates 224 Rated Miles. Our plan is to Range Charge at Ritzville and as we drive the 70 miles to Spokane decide if we should spend some time charging in Coeur d'Alene. Perhaps while eating lunch...

Amended 12/27/2014: The Coeur d'Alene Resort HPWC are 40A! I'll be calling FredA from PlugShare.

Last edited: