Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boardman, OR (LIVE Jun 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hours for the sage center are pretty tight (10-4), so .4 miles to the park down the way for bathrooms (not verified they have them, not even listed on the boardman parks website, but looks like it from street view). might have luck at blue mountain community college, and there is also the pool right there. Macario's, a mexican place, is .3 miles and is open 11-8 except sunday.
While I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, this is a brutal stop in terms of restrooms. There's basically nothing else within reasonable walking distance and the SAGE Center is only open 24 hours/week. There's also a $5 admission fee?!? Will be interesting to see how they deal with all the Tesla drivers wanting to use the restroom. I suspect there could be some friction forthcoming. Perhaps installing a porta-potty out near the supercharger would be a mediocre solution of sorts.

C3002D04-7B9B-4CCB-A548-A0651C6F8E88.jpeg
59BF1896-4521-4263-B177-1591B489EF2B.jpeg

While I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, this is a brutal stop in terms of restrooms. There's basically nothing else within reasonable walking distance and the SAGE Center is only open 24 hours/week. There's also a $5 admission fee?!? Will be interesting to see how they deal with all the Tesla drivers wanting to use the restroom. I suspect there could be some friction forthcoming. Perhaps installing a porta-potty out near the supercharger would be a mediocre solution of sorts.
brings out his Biggs Junction petition

"just sign right here, sir" ;)

I’m sure they’ll have a policy to allow restroom use. Probably part of the lease agreement. We will have to wait and see what the map page lists when it is updated.

You said exactly everything I have been thinking.

Personally this will basically be like a splash and go stop for me. This allows to not charge as high somewhere earlier (Portland area or Hood River, etc) and then spend five minutes or so here before heading up to Tri Cities (home). Mainly in winter/bad weather conditions, the LRY actually might not need this stop depending where I’m coming from or how I leave Portland.

It’s a *great* location in that it gives some options and takes away that panic if a supercharger further East goes down after you pass Dalles. Horrible location if you actually plan to use it as a routine 15-25 min charging spot…

Oops! I had a math fail on the level of 1st grade multiplication tables!

They're open 36 hours/week! Still not GREAT :)

I saw the same sign and started to walk away, but the lady behind the desk came out, told me where the restrooms were, and didn’t charge me $5 for admission.

Personally this will basically be like a splash and go stop for me. This allows to not charge as high somewhere earlier (Portland area or Hood River, etc) and then spend five minutes or so here before heading up to Tri Cities (home). Mainly in winter/bad weather conditions, the LRY actually might not need this stop depending where I’m coming from or how I leave Portland.
Same for me. This is a bad weather in the gorge assurance stop or an I don’t need to charge at home stop. My spouse does regularly need to stop at the rest area outside of boardman, so perhaps it will replace it.

Reactions: wknickless
This new charger already saved me a good bit of time:

D550486F-4D3D-41CB-945D-FB29AEBAAA52.jpeg

We started in Bend with 90% and (in retrospect) could have made it home, nonstop, with 8% left. A little too scary for me, as the only reliable backup charging option is the CCS charger in Umatilla. Prior to Boardman coming online last week, the trip planner would probably have conservatively routed us out of the way to The Dalles, costing an extra half hour in road time alone.

A 6-minute charging stop in Boardman allowed us to get home with a nice healthy 28% reserve, simultaneously preserving a viable plan B (the Umatilla CCS charger) and plan C (run the risk of getting home with only 8%).

This new charger already saved me a good bit of time:

View attachment 817501

We started in Bend with 90% and (in retrospect) could have made it home, nonstop, with 8% left. A little too scary for me, as the only reliable backup charging option is the CCS charger in Umatilla. Prior to Boardman coming online last week, the trip planner would probably have conservatively routed us out of the way to The Dalles, costing an extra half hour in road time alone.

A 6-minute charging stop in Boardman allowed us to get home with a nice healthy 28% reserve, simultaneously preserving a viable plan B (the Umatilla CCS charger) and plan C (run the risk of getting home with only 8%).
Do you have a CCS adapter? Or do you mean CHAdeMO? And by Umatilla do you mean Electrify America in Hermiston or is there an unlisted CCS in Umatilla? EA CHAdeMO shows as out of order currently on plug Share so not a good backup option.

Got routed here on my way to hood River even though I could make it to the hood River charger with 14%. Yes, I was heading up the road a bit towards mount hood, but the lack of speed charging at 65% would have easily made the trip slower than stopping at hood River and charging at very high speeds.

• Informative
Reactions: wknickless
We visited this SC on Saturday and again today. We could not have done the Portland to Spokane drive without this SC, so I love it! SAGE Center was closed both days. One of the other people charging pointed us to the Rec Center for restrooms. It was a 5 minute walk to the north. They had no issue letting us use the restrooms and the place is very nice and clean. Definitely a top tip that's not obvious, and with longer hours of operation than the SAGE Center.

Attachments

• 1674236025121.png
    1674236025121.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Mrbrock
Reactions: ReddyLeaf