Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boardman, OR (LIVE Jun 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, probably Rivian, Shell/GreenLots, or EA. Doubtful that Tesla needs to expand here yet. More likely that Tesla would add future capability in Arlington or Biggs before expanding this station.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Yes, probably Rivian, Shell/GreenLots, or EA. Doubtful that Tesla needs to expand here yet. More likely that Tesla would add future capability in Arlington or Biggs before expanding this station.
The dig ticket clearly states the work is being done for Tesla so this is an expansion. They have data on how much this is used and it must be very popular for those traveling the gorge.

If they spend the money on the extra infrastructure during the initial install, they wouldn't allow other charging companies to use it.

Last edited:
I don't think this one was approved for 12 initially, none of the original docs support that. However, while a 1000kva transoformer is used for a lot of 8 stall sites, there are some 12 stall sites using them so they can easily expand to 12 stalls from 8 in this case. It looks like there is room for another cabinet to the right of the existing two and then they must have run conduit to the end of the current spots so they won't need to dig up the existing install to expand. Pretty straightforward.

Here is an example of a 12 stall site with 1000kva.

It loves for me to stop there before going into the gorge. It doesn’t make oodles of sense as it’s barely an hour out of the tricities and it’s pretty slow charging because of my percentage. But it doesn’t like me stopping in the dalles because that’s quite a ways in the winter.

Markings near Tesla stalls but leading away to another row of parking spots to the south towards sage center. Immediately adjacent to the stalls on the north side is bus parking for sage center so would be quite easy to add stalls there, maybe even a trailer stall. There is a concrete manhole cover at the end of the current stalls so this might be the preinstalled additional infrastructure. I didn’t try lifting it to see what’s in there.
BD779393-A777-47B5-8250-FB58B3C89600.jpeg

1724ABE1-8B60-48A4-8426-64E6BAF1CE86.jpeg

Driving back by today, I noticed a porta potty to the east of the equipment island so could be another sign some more construction is happening.

And there’s this…
1676782454302.png

MD7 is a new company to me but they could be working on Tesla’s behalf much like GPD. Quick googling has them mentioning multiple EVSE companies including Tesla in an interview.

It will be interesting to follow if this is an expansion or if the dig ticket saying Tesla was incorrect.

Last edited:
We were there Sunday about noon. The only bathroom was an honey pot in the parking lot.
That is only there for the construction of the other chargers. Once that is done, the honey pot will be gone.

When trip planning, one should click on the amenities listed (bathrooms in this case Restrooms near 101 olson road boardman or) and check the hours on the resulting Google Map page. It would be nice if Tesla listed the associated business's hours on the charger page but they do not so assuming that amenities listed are available 24/7 is not a prudent way to plan a trip.

I stopped to charge twice this week and no activity on the new chargers. Definitely one DCQC and three J1772s. Trenching and below surface work looks complete and probably waiting on equipment, switch gear, transformer, or what not. Strangely, the warning signs are facing INSIDE of the construction fencing.:rolleyes:
View attachment 943399
View attachment 943400View attachment 943401
As of last night. Definitely don't need more Tesla chargers at this location, so it's nice to see that it's not the case. On the flip side I'm all for NACS and wish that other makers would adopt it over the hideous CCS plugs. Kudos to Ford. It would be nice to get some more Tesla SCs installed between Boardman and Dalles as well. Great to see the infrastructure expanding in general.

Attachments

• Boardman 3.jpg
    Boardman 3.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Boardman 2.jpg
    Boardman 2.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 39
  • Boardman 1.jpg
    Boardman 1.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reactions: GleanerC and IdaX
As of last night. Definitely don't need more Tesla chargers at this location, so it's nice to see that it's not the case. On the flip side I'm all for NACS and wish that other makers would adopt it over the hideous CCS plugs. Kudos to Ford. It would be nice to get some more Tesla SCs installed between Boardman and Dalles as well. Great to see the infrastructure expanding in general.

Attachments

• IMG_9248.jpeg
    IMG_9248.jpeg
    618.5 KB · Views: 58
Sweet! Now time to tear those down and put up more NACS 😁 When Ford announced their smart plan it was pretty much a guarantee that GM would follow as they react to what each other does with a lot of things. I wonder though if Rivian and Lucid would ever consider going NACS since Tesla is direct-direct competitor. VW pretty much will stick with CCS so no hope for them; diesel gate after all. Sucks for them. It would be nice for HMG to announce adopting NACS and it's possible that they'll be next.

MagicDocks installed today. Take that, whoever installed the CCS stalls that still haven’t been turned on.
Good to see a few sites with MagicDocks showing up in the Pacific Northwest (particularly for those of us with a Tesla and also a non-Tesla EV with a CCS plug). It will be interesting to see that becomes the norm for Superchargers over the next year or two.

Good to see a few sites with MagicDocks showing up in the Pacific Northwest (particularly for those of us with a Tesla and also a non-Tesla EV with a CCS plug). It will be interesting to see that becomes the norm for Superchargers over the next year or two.
If I had seen this momentum about a year ago, I might be in a Rivian truck instead of upgrading to a Performance Y. I love Tesla, but boy I want one of those Rivians. (Horrible looking mapping and UI and stuff, but it's about the perfect size for me for a truck and not nearly as polarizing as the cybertruck).