Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bethel, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds to me like Sunday River needs to put it many many more destination chargers. Especially for one of the largest, not to mention remote, ski areas in New England.
I charged at Sugarbush last year where they have dozens. That's doing it right.
Considering I often have a choice where I want to ski when I have a free weekend, things like ample available changing will definitely sway my decision on where to spend my $120++ on a lift ticket.

I totally agree. I'm just skeptical of their rush to install chargers at SR given that there have only been a couple for several years. But I do tend to go where I can charge, so I've been to Loon a few times where they also don't have enough destination chargers but at least there's a supercharger on their road.

Went by the Irving station today and stopped in after my hike. I wasn’t in my tesla but asked two of the employees there and they told me they are pretty sure the chargers are operational. I didn’t look like the tesla logo was lit so not really confident with their answer. Fingers crossed!
903A2D6F-04BF-4718-BFA6-38C1C5C1F846.jpeg
2D744A52-50D6-487C-B671-CBC8C5E93D22.jpeg
F2982B9C-C5C9-442C-83DD-CE20C03F9128.jpeg

Went by the Irving station today and stopped in after my hike. I wasn’t in my tesla but asked two of the employees there and they told me they are pretty sure the chargers are operational. I didn’t look like the tesla logo was lit so not really confident with their answer. Fingers crossed!View attachment 553743 View attachment 553744 View attachment 553745

Hard to tell from the pictures if these are V2 or V3 (the site was permitted for V2 I believe). A picture of the supercharger cabinets would help answer that. Light posts are missing and the pedestals are not numbered yet which usually indicates Tesla hasn't been by to commission the sit yet (at least for V2 pedestals).

@Chuq @tes-s time to update supercharge.info with under construction!

Reactions: Chuq
Hard to tell from the pictures if these are V2 or V3 (the site was permitted for V2 I believe). A picture of the supercharger cabinets would help answer that. Light posts are missing and the pedestals are not numbered yet which usually indicates Tesla hasn't been by to commission the sit yet (at least for V2 pedestals).

Those cables are too skinny for V2

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver and otter

@MarcoRP

There are several reasons I don't want a Tesla, but the Supercharger network isn't one of them.

You know, if there's been construction in Bethel, maybe the crew will move on to Farmington...

Last edited:
@MarcoRP

There are several reasons I don't want a Tesla, but the Supercharger network isn't one of them.

You know, if there's been construction in Bethel, maybe the crew will move on to Farmington...

Really shocking to hear someone who has been on this board so long say, "there are several reasons why I don't want a Tesla....".

There are a million reasons I love my tesla and, unless a better EV becomes available, I will always drive a Tesla. And the only reason I don't own 2 more is simply cost (we've never been the type to put a ton of money in vehicles). Lord knows I can't think of another reason why I wouldn't want a Tesla to save my life.

In fact, if my wife is driving the Tesla, and I need to go somewhere, I simply don't go because our other car is an ICEV and I'm absolutely miserable in any ICEV after having a Tesla for 3 years.

Really shocking to hear someone who has been on this board so long say, "there are several reasons why I don't want a Tesla....".

There are a million reasons I love my tesla and, unless a better EV becomes available, I will always drive a Tesla. And the only reason I don't own 2 more is simply cost (we've never been the type to put a ton of money in vehicles). Lord knows I can't think of another reason why I wouldn't want a Tesla to save my life.

In fact, if my wife is driving the Tesla, and I need to go somewhere, I simply don't go because our other car is an ICEV and I'm absolutely miserable in any ICEV after having a Tesla for 3 years.

I don't like spending a lot of money on cars. I like compact hatchbacks, I don't need my car to be quick and I hate large wheels and low profile tires. I live 200 miles from the nearest service center, I'd have to take delivery of a car, sight unseen, from a company notorious for poor QC, which (due to Mass sales tax and vehicle law) I can't drive until they send documentation so I can get it registered and inspected, and then, finally able to drive it, if I want to return it or need to get it fixed, I have to deal with Tesla's poor communications and customer service.

Also, Autopilot is now standard, which means TACC, and no dumb cruise fallback for weather transitions and because my wife hates people who don't maintain speed. Well, you can get the SR-, but that doesn't have the heated seats and mirrors.

And yet I still consider buying one, because of what they get right, which includes the Supercharger network.

I'll likely "need" to buy a car later this year and I'll probably end up with a compliance-car-plus like a Kona or Bolt.

I don't like spending a lot of money on cars. I like compact hatchbacks, I don't need my car to be quick and I hate large wheels and low profile tires. I live 200 miles from the nearest service center, I'd have to take delivery of a car, sight unseen, from a company notorious for poor QC, which (due to Mass sales tax and vehicle law) I can't drive until they send documentation so I can get it registered and inspected, and then, finally able to drive it, if I want to return it or need to get it fixed, I have to deal with Tesla's poor communications and customer service.

Also, Autopilot is now standard, which means TACC, and no dumb cruise fallback for weather transitions and because my wife hates people who don't maintain speed. Well, you can get the SR-, but that doesn't have the heated seats and mirrors.

And yet I still consider buying one, because of what they get right, which includes the Supercharger network.

I'll likely "need" to buy a car later this year and I'll probably end up with a compliance-car-plus like a Kona or Bolt.

Hmmm. Your perception of Tesla and owning one is FAR different than my ACTUAL experience. Additionally, Tesla has the highest satisfaction rate of any car manufacturer at 91% (that said they'd buy another Tesla).

I think you spend too much time reading forums where the 9% go to complain. You're really missing out on something awesome.

Oh, and I live in a state that Tesla was banned in when I bought my Tesla AND the closest service center is 2.5 hours away. Strangely, in all this time, I've only needed service 3 times - the one yearly service I did and the 2 recalls. But for the recalls, they sent a ranger to my house. What other manufacturer does that?

Oh, and in regards to having TACC instead of dumb cruise, how will dumb cruise make the people around her maintain speed? If the person in front of her slows down, she has 3 choices - don't slow down and run into them, press the brakes if using dumb cruise, or do nothing and allow the car to slow down for you, and regain speed when possible (TACC). I'm not sure how your wife tapping the breaks and having to reset cruise is better than TACC, but I guess some people still prefer manual windows so....

Autopilot is now standard, which means TACC, and no dumb cruise
Personally I think dumb cruise control is dangerous, but do have it on my 2018 RWD Model 3 which will probably up for sale within the next 12 months. Not a hatch though. Ranger service is great but I have still had to take my cars in a couple times a year so I understand your reticence. Excited to try Peabody and avoid Boston traffic next time.

Reactions: kayak1

Ha! I'm the same way with my Tundra. Lately I need to charge the battery because the Tundra sat so long. Trying to make a point of moving it around the yard or more trips to Araujo Farms

Personally I think dumb cruise control is dangerous, but do have it on my 2018 RWD Model 3 which will probably up for sale within the next 12 months. Not a hatch though. Ranger service is great but I have still had to take my cars in a couple times a year so I understand your reticence. Excited to try Peabody and avoid Boston traffic next time.
Peabody was great. Super communication, and got stuff done quick. Definitely my new SC of choice. Bethel Supercharger is awesome news for our trips to western Maine. And excited that its V3!