Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Status change from "Building" to "Reserved" - what just happened?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im so jealous! I don't even have a VIN yet. My app went to invalid username/pass again.

Well the activity you're reporting makes me think you're about a week or two behind me. Stuff that we all experienced too.

When did your order go to the factory? If you look at my signature, you'll see some timing that seems to be pretty common, though I have heard of some people who happen to time it just right (with the batching) and get their cars up to two weeks faster.

Ours now says the same 'Order has been confirmed' but received a confirmation e-mail from Mike B at Tesla HQ that our car has been completed and they are just waiting on the check/paperwork prior to sending it out for delivery. We sent FedEx today so hopefully we will hear on Mon that our delivery is earlier than 6/8 and maybe will be on the same truck as ZBB since we are both in AZ. :cool:

Well the activity you're reporting makes me think you're about a week or two behind me. Stuff that we all experienced too.

When did your order go to the factory? If you look at my signature, you'll see some timing that seems to be pretty common, though I have heard of some people who happen to time it just right (with the batching) and get their cars up to two weeks faster.

I'm one of the lucky ones on batching, or my order is really messed up. I ordered 5/20, got delivery button 5/25, and released to factory 5/30. My delivery window is 6/15-29.

Last edited:
I sent email to my sales advisor this morning and he replied just a minute ago (they must work on Saturday) stating that my order is just fine, the car is being built and still on schedule for the delivery window.

The Tesla App login behavior has been documented elsewhere and is apparently "normal". Wish it didn't seem like something is broken, though.

Mine just changed from reserved to confirmed. But when I try to log in to the app, it says wrong password. But it works on the website. What gives?

Yeah it's apparent that some of these things are on parallel tracks, not fully sequential. As it looks like we're all seeing a web upgrade/change with the "confirmed" state this last week. Mostly at the same time.

The app seems to go through a couple of different status changes prior to your car getting assigned to you. First that no car is assigned to your MyTesla account. Then the email/password mismatch thing appears to be one of the states many of us have experienced as your build date approaches (I think this is a glitch as they set up your car and account). Next it will go back to saying no car assigned to your account again. Finally, about a week to 10 days out (a couple of days after you've been assigned a VIN), it will acknowledge your car and your VIN, but that you need to enable the app from within the car. Then you know you're getting close.

Caveat... there is much inconsistency with the timing of these events from one Owner to the next, as some get in on batching just right, and get a really compressed version of this, even skipping some steps. But for the majority, this has been what's transpiring since April.

No doubt they'll keep refining their processes, and keep evolving it as they go.

Yeah it's apparent that some of these things are on parallel tracks, not fully sequential. As it looks like we're all seeing a web upgrade/change with the "confirmed" state this last week. Mostly at the same time.

The app seems to go through a couple of different status changes prior to your car getting assigned to you. First that no car is assigned to your MyTesla account. Then the email/password mismatch thing appears to be one of the states many of us have experienced as your build date approaches (I think this is a glitch as they set up your car and account). Next it will go back to saying no car assigned to your account again. Finally, about a week to 10 days out (a couple of days after you've been assigned a VIN), it will acknowledge your car and your VIN, but that you need to enable the app from within the car. Then you know you're getting close.

Caveat... there is much inconsistency with the timing of these events from one Owner to the next, as some get in on batching just right, and get a really compressed version of this, even skipping some steps. But for the majority, this has been what's transpiring since April.

No doubt they'll keep refining their processes, and keep evolving it as they go.

Yeah, that makes sense. Though, it's a little surprising that they seem to have multiple databases and don't present a consistent experience between the web site "mytesla" and the apps. This is not unusual for a young company that is growing their processes. The problem is that the longer they wait, the harder it is to unify things.

By the way, if I type in the right password to the app, I get "MyTesla can not be reached".

By the way, if I type in the right password to the app, I get "MyTesla can not be reached".

This happens occasionally. Speculations/possible causes:

1. They are upgrading the servers and have taken them all offline.

2. There is only one server rather than a farm of servers and it's having problems.

3. There was a connection problem after you typed the password.

4. The servers are getting more requests than they can deal with.