Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my Model S after 5.5 years...moving on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...by calling people evil?

Try to focus. Read more slowly.

" . . . otherwise good people committing evil acts . . . "

If after the dozens of links to legitimate, sciential websites that clearly describe the peril we face, you still don't "get" why buying an ICE after driving a MS for nearly six years is evil, you just can't be helped.

The house is set well back from the ocean and is not sitting at sea level. It's unlikely to get swamped in his lifetime. Think about that for a millisecond.

First, who said anything about "his lifetime"?
Second, you are saying that the dire predictions about the east coast being underwater are wrong?

From the nutjob posting above:

About the size of Florida, Thwaites Glacier is currently responsible for approximately 4 percent of global sea level rise. It holds enough ice to raise the world ocean a little over 2 feet (65 centimeters) and backstops neighboring glaciers that would raise sea levels an additional 8 feet (2.4 meters) if all the ice were lost.

That puts Obama, or his heirs, underwater.

Thanks for illustrating my point exactly.

Last edited:
Reactions: First EV
The solution is simple: Stop doing evil actions that place our entire planet's future at risk.
Now you get it. Tesla needs to stop with the "evil actions" as you pur it, and when they do that they will stop forcing people back into ICE. It's a simple solution, but right now Tesla isn't listening to you.

First, who said anything about "his lifetime"?
Second, you are saying that the dire predictions about the east coast being underwater are wrong?

From the nutjob posting above:

About the size of Florida, Thwaites Glacier is currently responsible for approximately 4 percent of global sea level rise. It holds enough ice to raise the world ocean a little over 2 feet (65 centimeters) and backstops neighboring glaciers that would raise sea levels an additional 8 feet (2.4 meters) if all the ice were lost.

That puts Obama, or his heirs, underwater.

Thanks for illustrating my point exactly.

There was no timeline in your quote, and notice the word "if". For some reason certain types think Obama's purchase of a home near the ocean is a mic drop moment about climate change. It's not. It's irrelevant.

Last edited:
Where in there is actual proof of 100kWh or Model 3 packs having there Supercharging speed throttle because of the amount of DC fast charging? (I certainly don't recall seeing that. I did see one YouTube video that claimed that but showed no evidence or showing their test conditions.)
100 kWh pack charge throttling:

Model 3 charge throttling:

There was no timeline in your quote, and notice the word "if". For some reason certain types think Obama's purchase of a home near the ocean is a mic drop moment about climate change. It's not. It's irrelevant.

There are certain types who are taking such predictions as fact and promoting it as inevitable to those susceptible to such predictions, such as the nutjob above going off the deep end and loudmouth politicians who know a good story when they hear it with little downside to jump on the wagon. They are not alone in the doomsday scenarios.

It is quite relevant, as the guy pegged as the global warming champion and says he will stop the rise of the oceans just bought a 7,000 sq. ft. ocean front mansion on 29 acres 8 feet above sea level, a short walk to the water in his underwear. That's a bit of an eyebrow raising purchase, and not exactly true to the cause. Do you know how much dirty carbon it will take to mow that grass and maintain that property, not to mention the AC and heat bill? Yeah, but...Obama. He played you for gullible fools and got his. Good on him.

There are certain types who are taking such predictions as fact and promoting it as inevitable to those susceptible to such predictions, such as the nutjob above going off the deep end and loudmouth politicians who know a good story when they hear it with little downside to jump on the wagon. They are not alone in the doomsday scenarios.

It is quite relevant, as the guy pegged as the global warming champion and says he will stop the rise of the oceans just bought a 7,000 sq. ft. ocean front mansion on 29 acres 8 feet above sea level, a short walk to the water in his underwear. That's a bit of an eyebrow raising purchase, and not exactly true to the cause. Do you know how much dirty carbon it will take to mow that grass and maintain that property, not to mention the AC and heat bill? Yeah, but...Obama. He played you for gullible fools and got his. Good on him.

I don't know who "pegged" Obama as the global warming champion. You can understand the probable direction of climate change and still buy ocean front property. The doomsday scenarios don't need to occur in our lifetimes or our children's lifetimes to still be a threat to humanity. Obama's mansion and the mansions of the other 1% are not the main driving force for climate change. That's just misdirection used by some people to avoid the real issue.

It is not misdirection.

First, global warming and cooling is inevitable and has been ongoing since long before man made a fire. No change in human behavior is going to change that. The attempt to alter that cycle is folly, because you and everyone on the planet would have to revert back to the stone age and give up essentially all manufacture and transport, which as any iphone-totin' virtue signaler will tell you, ain't happenin'. And, you can't change sunspot cycles, so that's that.

Second, the Vostok ice core data contradicts the CO2/warming sequence, as warming preceded CO2 rises by up to 1000 years. This is scholarly evidence ignored by everyone.

Third, Al Gore devised a brilliant business model of global calamity unless we buy carbon credits--from the firm where he is a Board Member. He made $100 million on his movie, and right or wrong, he'll be long dead in 50 years and still have $100 million+ in the bank. But it was a good message. Genius.

Fourth, there can be no dissent among "scientists" regarding AGW lest your academic career be ruined by the crusaders.

Fifth, there is no down side to being on the AGW train, and lots of benefits, right or wrong. A bettor's dream come true.

Sixth, who made Obama the global warming champion? He did:

“this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal ..."~~Barack Obama upon winning the Democratic nomination for presidency conveys his thinking of what that means ....for the world, Tuesday, JUNE 03, 2008”

So yeah, he's a hypocrite, and a wealthy one at that. I don't begrudge him his wealth or his house. I do credit him for knowing what suckers look like.

So, what to do about the inevitable?

What?!?!?!?!

And here I thought Tesla was the only manufacturer to limit things after so many uses. Oh dear god!

Lamborghini Will Disable Huracan’s Launch Control After Just 250 Uses: Report

As far as the 100kw being limited, he did admit to over 60% of his charging is supercharging. That’s significant. It would be great if the batteries could handle that charge speed forever but doesn’t appear to be the case.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: First EV
First, global warming and cooling is inevitable and has been ongoing since long before man made a fire. No change in human behavior is going to change that. The attempt to alter that cycle is folly, because you and everyone on the planet would have to revert back to the stone age and give up essentially all manufacture and transport, which as any iphone-totin' virtue signaler will tell you, ain't happenin'. And, you can't change sunspot cycles, so that's that.
You have no understanding of the subject. We've been debating it for years, all your points have been addressed in this thread:
Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

• Love
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
IMG_20200218_124402.jpg
Your signature S85 is now, ~7.5 years old. I guess expectation management is in order if you were expecting a miracle of battery technology. Considering the ages of our cars (mine is 7 years old), and that we have an original "A" pack that never supported more than 90 kW fast charging, was the original battery pack design, and one of the first in a line of a million cars, Tesla deserves a bit of a thumbs up for sustaining our old cars as well as they have. I love the new firmware changes, and what a huge transition from the V5 UI when we bought our Tesla used in 2015.

Ref:
Main Screen UI 7.0 Analysis | TeslaTap

V5 on the left vv !!!
screens_v5_v7_720.jpg

Well I would argue that I have no unrealistic expectation I knew what I was buying. However having a car wear out on its own or experience deterioration of performance based on age and mileage is one thing. Having it handcuffed overnight and it's capabilities reduced by the manufacturer in one felt swoop is different.

And of note I'm on my second battery pack (was replaced about 6 months before I bought the car. So it is still the original battery pack that I have always had to be clear, but the car itself is on its second battery pack.) I have a B series pack in my car which used to be capable of charging up to 120 KW. Until one day that was reduced to no more than about 50 to 53 kW sustained while supercharging.

To me it's equivalent to a gasoline car manufacturer taking your car in for service and removing your V8 engine and putting it a V6 telling you that it's to reduce stresses on the drive line that are caused by the higher horsepower of the V8 So if we give you a V6 the rest of your driveline will last longer. Oh and we don't care that you bought a V8. We've determined that the V6 is better for you. And that's what you get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.