Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this member is a troll, it is constantly commenting downswings or the possible outcome of downswings.

My ears are burning so you must be talking about me, if you have an issue with what I have said I am all ears for where I was wrong with anything I have spoken over the past month... I said it back then that I anticipated we were getting close to our short term top, the stock would likely go to 300 (I was close... 291...) and then it would pull back. It is just TA, and founded in what we know to be true about Q3... And I could easily be wrong.

Most people were wanting a pullback so they could buy. This is that pullback. It happened much sooner and much quicker than I anticipated, and I am sorry if the stock dropping and my pointing it out offends you because I meant no offense. Once we clear Q3 I expect the stock to blow through the roof again, and I have also made that statement very clear. So, no, I am not trolling, but just providing my 2 cents on where I think the stock will go.

If you weren't talking about me, then I have no clue to whom you might be refering. And you might as well just come out and name drop so we don't fight amongst each other any further.

Go on chicken, post all you want. I find your posts valuable.

I'm deploying cash here for options but waiting it out just a tad, the time value of most medium term OTM calls has really spiked today... But if we trade flat a day or two here it will drop nicely.

I can attest to the non-trollishness of Sir Chicken and others that have been posting. This has actually been an excellent thread over the past several weeks, and I am greatful to the contributors. Not since the days of Bill Hamp and Brysondad have there been significant troll sightings.

Buying options like it's black friday. short term, medium term, leaps. they all look good.

It seems to me that most tesla moves take more than one day to play out. I sold 1/3 of my position at the 250 mark and i'm kicking myself, but i'm not buying back in for later options. This has been a disaster for me, and I agree that the Morgan Stanley report is BS, but I don't think 4 hours after this starts its over. Usually it takes 48 hours before we have enough shorts loaded up to send this upward.

Well thanks guys! Makes me feel a bit better that he might not have been talking about me... but I scratch my head at who he could have been otherwise. Cause I haven't seen any crazy talk in either price movement threads. Hrmmmm

In any case, AustinEV, care to point out what strikes you are thinking about for the medium to long term? cause this is really where I am struggling right now to grasp where we might go to. Cause I can't buy Nov yet, Dec/Jan I am all over the place, and Mar I think would be excellent choices depending on when they actually do their ER. Hmmmm I think I will target a couple calls for March... Someone else posted that elsewhere that by then the stock should really be through the roof again.

It seems to me that most tesla moves take more than one day to play out. I sold 1/3 of my position at the 250 mark and i'm kicking myself, but i'm not buying back in for later options. This has been a disaster for me, and I agree that the Morgan Stanley report is BS, but I don't think 4 hours after this starts its over. Usually it takes 48 hours before we have enough shorts loaded up to send this upward.

And that is exactly what I told myself all morning. Just chill out, this will take 3-5 days to finish going down. But.... it is basically at the 50day MA. I like that level for support. This may not be the borromest bottom ever but I think we can see it from here. Also there may be a dead cat bounce from these levels. I am not shy about flipping weeklies if that happens.

- - - Updated - - -

In any case, AustinEV, care to point out what strikes you are thinking about for the medium to long term? cause this is really where I am struggling right now to grasp where we might go to. Cause I can't buy Nov yet, Dec/Jan I am all over the place, and Mar I think would be excellent choices depending on when they actually do their ER. Hmmmm I think I will target a couple calls for March... Someone else posted that elsewhere that by then the stock should really be through the roof again.

I got a whole mess of weeklies at 255, 10/24 at 255 and some itm J15 at 225.

And that is exactly what I told myself all morning. Just chill out, this will take 3-5 days to finish going down. But.... it is basically at the 50day MA. I like that level for support. This may not be the borromest bottom ever but I think we can see it from here. Also there may be a dead cat bounce from these levels. I am not shy about flipping weeklies if that happens.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a whole mess of weeklies at 255, 10/24 at 255 and some itm J15 at 225.

I think we're about to see margin-call time. I guess I'll follow your play tomorrow if there's further downside. Otherwise, if there's upside tomorrow then I'll be just another sucker that lost a lot of money to a headfake down, now that I've sold a good portion of my calls.

One other thing to consider as a reason for this drop: We are rapidly approaching september option expiration, and perhaps an unnamed large bank had a significantly large number of open 250 short option contracts covering their shares.