Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm visiting rural relatives at the moment, so of course the power went out at about 9:25 EDT... fortunately it came back on after about 15 minutes. Still, the unpredictable movements are annoying.

Well, looks like the stock gave us all the opportunity to hit whatever mark you were looking for... this chart is all over the place today...

I will be very sad if this continues to trade sideways since that is actually the only way I lose on my strategy right now. Good thing I didn't stake that much money in this one. Because my confidence level keeps dropping each day that I will get that magical breakthrough value, I keep throwing less and less money into the trade itself. It works out great because at this point if this fizzles out and becomes worthless I will still have made significant returns this week, but I really would rather it not happen that way.

AJ's note had something positive for me: I decided to get back in TSLA at 256$ after I shorted a while ago at 220$. I believe more than ever that TM will be disruptive to the auto world.

Next milestone: Unsettle the premium large SUV segment.

t
I'm visiting rural relatives at the moment, so of course the power went out at about 9:25 EDT... fortunately it came back on after about 15 minutes. Still, the unpredictable movements are annoying.

Hah, had similar problem. It was 3:30pm here when market opened. I was stuck downtown and the only "reliable" internet was Starbucks. Of course 3:30pm everyone is out drinking coffee. It took 15 minutes for one order to get through. By the time I finally got all the positions I wanted, it's 5pm

I've been wanting to take a chunk of money and put it into TSLA for months, but there was always something holding me back. So finally to get over any fears, I just dipped my toe in very lightly and sent an order to buy a couple shares. I know I'm late to the dance, but hopefully not too late. I still see the future being very bright and I'm hoping a noob like me will be able to play the game like so many of you have been doing the last few months/years.

I've been wanting to take a chunk of money and put it into TSLA for months, but there was always something holding me back. So finally to get over any fears, I just dipped my toe in very lightly and sent an order to buy a couple shares. I know I'm late to the dance, but hopefully not too late. I still see the future being very bright and I'm hoping a noob like me will be able to play the game like so many of you have been doing the last few months/years.

Welcome mchk and best of luck! Better late than never, plenty of upside in the long term!

OK, this is adorable banter. Does this mean we have Talulah to thank for the Calendar app? :)

elontalulah60tweet.png

This will be a hard week to decide how the stock will move. Will it regain some of its momentum now that AliBaba is out of the way, or will it need another anouncement to get the price up?
I bought stock on the dip last week, but was trying to think of a good option play this week. I don't see one with so much uncertainty/volatility.

This week really could be a tough one to call. As we most all agree, the dips we've experienced in the past week were mostly caused by external issues or bad information. For this reason, I see the possibility for the stock to climb Monday morning. If it doesn't climb much, I see the possibility of shorts jumping onboard by mid-day and trying to drive it lower. Snugging up my seatbelt and ready to hang on for the ride.

This week really could be a tough one to call. As we most all agree, the dips we've experienced in the past week were mostly caused by external issues or bad information. For this reason, I see the possibility for the stock to climb Monday morning. If it doesn't climb much, I see the possibility of shorts jumping onboard by mid-day and trying to drive it lower. Snugging up my seatbelt and ready to hang on for the ride.

I have little faith that this week will be a good one unless we get a big announcement from TM or analyst upgrade. Sideways at best.

I have little faith that this week will be a good one unless we get a big announcement from TM or analyst upgrade. Sideways at best.

Premarket volume is a little high on this move down, so I am inclined to agree, particularly if we lose the 254-255 range. Funny, I told my wife on Thursday that the market manipulators were not trying to pin the price closer to 255, which was max pain for options. Unsurprisingly, Friday morning did not disappoint on that end (thanks to those very well-timed AJ ramblings), but I bought it up at $255 thinking that today would be the rebound that we were waiting for, but alas in the absence of news, I agree that the bad may get worse.

So we had a low point of ~180 in May and a new ATH of ~285 recently. If it gives back 50% of the gains again, we'd be looking for ~235.
I'm curious to see if this 50% of the gains pullback off an ATH holds true a 3rd time straight.
Well, we're starting to dip towards that low point...I suppose if I really believe in it, I'll be selling something like $240 puts to get in at roughly the low point with a little PUT commission as a bonus. I've already got a similar thing going though with JASO tying up my funds, but I might buy those back if TSLA hits $235.