Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting.

Mr. Inman mentioned that they were able to crowdfund at the rate of $145,000/day at one point during the initial campaign. I would also suspect some sort of 50/50 match from Elon, wouldn't be surprised if it took all of a week to be fully funded. Tesla (The Nikola and Automtive) variety are hot topics these days. There's huge awareness compared to just a few years ago.

Also - TSLA has spiked $2 shortly after ValueWalk mentioned the Oatmeal's review... coincidence?

Looks like he's in:

udutymev.jpg

Well, interesting. So, now you have to define 'help':wink:

I just did my bit of helping with my paypal account.:cool:

Last edited:
Seems like the UK hype train is starting to depart. Following articles garnering good amount of attention. Will reach critical mass once Top Gear UK gets their hands on it and publishes a review:

Tesla promises electric car revolution - Telegraph
Tesla Is About To Take Over Britain - Business Insider

I think between China, UK, and GigaFactory - we have the potential for some very aggressive moves upwards.

The first article you linked is also trending to the front page of Reddit via r/technology right now, which is actually remarkable considering that the mods tried to ban Tesla news from the technology subreddit, and from the front page given perception of "political/controversial" subject matter, or something. Anyway, long story short, the land of Harry Potter is thoroughly excited about the arrival of the Nimbus 2000 aka Model S on their shores.

Seems like the UK hype train is starting to depart. Following articles garnering good amount of attention. Will reach critical mass once Top Gear UK gets their hands on it and publishes a review:

Tesla promises electric car revolution - Telegraph
Tesla Is About To Take Over Britain - Business Insider

I think between China, UK, and GigaFactory - we have the potential for some very aggressive moves upwards.

They already have. Or at least, Top Gear Magazine has already reviewed it and stated:
"The Tesla Model S is the most important car Top Gear has tested." and "Following the slightly tentative Tesla Roadster, the results are game-changing."

Excerpt from the article reprinted online here Maserati Ghibli takes on Tesla Model S - BBC Top Gear

They already have. Or at least, Top Gear Magazine has already reviewed it and stated:
"The Tesla Model S is the most important car Top Gear has tested." and "Following the slightly tentative Tesla Roadster, the results are game-changing."

Excerpt from the article reprinted online here Maserati Ghibli takes on Tesla Model S - BBC Top Gear

Yeah I did see that Top Gear Magazine super positive review of the car. I was referencing the show however - which I believe has much broader influence than the mag.

I thought TSLA's relative strength today while the market was sharply down was a good sign. I have a feeling that, with the string of positive news about market demand slowly trickling out, that we're on the road to recovering a lot of the ground towards the ATH.

Agreed in sentiment. I went to my minimum long position (stock-LEAPS) figuring a possible drop to $150. But the relative strength has altered this this, I came off minimum position a week ago via adding to LEAPS. still going to be a tough sled for a while against a koala-bear market. But I think the quality growth stocks like Tesla are starting to grab some traction again

Heh, yea. My calls aren't green. They're red enough I should probably pick a new color...necrotic gray?

Hey, I am in the same boat with you and Ken. Just had a recent purchase of a June 27 210 go green. The rest of my calls, Sept 220/240; Jan 15 and 16 LEAPS of various denominations are all WAY closer to '0' value than being 'green'. But fellas, we are hopefully on our way to at least salvaging some $ to invest another day:wink: