Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So...are there any NON-Tesla EVs or PHEVs you are looking forward to?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm interested in the Jaguar i-Pace. If it's priced right, has access to the supercharger network (or is minimally prepared for 100+ kW CCS charging) and has a tow hitch, I may go for it over a Tesla.

Supposedly Audi is planning on launching an all-electric Q6 soon-ish. I will also be paying attention to this car.

I am extremely interested in a number of offerings, although none are remotely likely to motivate me to change personally from Tesla. Several should act to increase the BEV market, and that is good for everyone. I am not in the least interested in hybrids because they are only transitional.

Daimler-Benz- the BEV's from Smart to Maybach will begin arriving around 2020. The forthcoming B-class, C-class and E-class are the ones I most want to see, but all those vans/busses will be seruisly consequential too.

BMW group- apart from a Rolls-Royce I am most interested to find out if they can make serious BEV in any category at all. I have had a couple "technology demonstrato" BMW, notably a Z-1 so I am jaundiced that they often fail to successfully commercialize innovations and senior management is deeply split on the "i" class.

BYD- deep pockets and relentless ambition make me really want to see the next generation E6. That just might be a great second car for me. I do like the E6 to drive although it is crude and heavy. The next generation should be another story.

Then there is everyone else although I admit none of them capture my imagination the way the ones above do. Ones I ought to be exciting about are VW Group, GM, Renault-Nissan and the New PSA. Somehow none of them seem very compelling to me. Ditto the Indians (Jaguar Land Rover) and other Chinese (Volvo and MG brands etc).

The first EV from ANY other company that meets my needs. Tesla has lost my business. I will never give such a slimy company any more of my money. They have broken almost every promise they have ever made, and they have stolen functionality from the vehicle after the sale.

My list of needs include:
- long distance travel
- decent trunk space
- autopilot 7.0 equivalency
- doesn't look "like an ev" (in other words hideous for no other reason than just because)

Most likely that will be the Lucid Air, assuming they make it to production, and that the trunk space is ok on the bench seat version (it's not on the executive seat version)

Failing the Lucid Air, I expect several mainstream manufacturers will finally have something interesting available in about 5 years.

Got to be the iPace for me, still waiting on my new Model S to arrive, but we still have a Range Rover Sport ICE in the drive and I do love Jaguar Land Rover style and quality. So thinking of putting name down at local dealer for one of these and see if it's a good replacement for the RR.

Would have gone for an X but the wife won't drive a car with the Falcon Doors, she stays she would be too embarrassed to be seen in it...

So Model S for me and iPace for the other half...

Discover the new Jaguar Electric I-PACE sports car - Jaguar UK

Reactions: William3