Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should Tesla fully refund FSD owners in UK

Should Tesla simply fully refund FSD owners in UK If they are unhappy with it

• Yes

Votes: 90 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 19.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe seek legal advice?.... or just pay for your mistakes 🤔
I have no intention of paying for my “mistake”. It wasn’t a mistake that Tesla deliberately and dishonestly made a misleading claim about autosteer on city streets back in 2019. I will be following the excellent example of @edb49 and I am supremely confident of achieving the same result. Or of winning at court if Tesla decide to go down that route. And if it doesn’t work out I’ll have had a lot of fun on the way.

I'd actually have been a bit more satisfied if we had the FSD visualisations so I actually felt like we were moving towards something, but Elon can't even be arsed to give us that despite promising to do so in 2021.

With AP going backwards - with various retrograde changes to comply with UNECE or whatever - there's no optimism to be felt that FSD is moving forwards.... and I don't care how many times someone tells me "Dojo will solve everything", or whatever.

Government has until 15th December to respond to Self-Driving Vehicles House of Commons Committee report. Is really the only hope that one day Department for Transport may exempt Tesla if FSD Beta can be accepted for use on roads here.

Gov defines self-driving vehicle as:
“One that has at least one self-driving feature, delivering sufficiently high levels of automation that it meets a legally defined threshold and is capable of safely driving itself with no human input. Such features could provide self-driving capability for all or part of a journey”

It’s wild seeing adults who, it’s safe to assume if they’re driving around in 40-110k cars, are pretty switched on and successful to believe in this pie in the sky nonsense

I think the likelihood of self-driving cars is non-zero but the likelihood of the current Tesla model line-up driving by themselves is nil.

Below is a tiny part of my commute this morning which involved a fleet of error messages about the cameras not being able to see because of the low sun. The rear camera was clean when I left. People need to understand this is never going to work.

Tesla won't alter FSD Beta meaningfully to fit specific markets, they seem to expect those markets to loosen the regulations to a point at which FSD Beta "as is" can be offered to them. If that takes years, so be it.

it's coincidentally why Europe hasn't had any intelligent matrix light functionality despite the fact the hardware has been fitted to every Model 3 since March 2021, and all Model Ys. It hasn't been legal in the States until earlier this year, so zero development effort was given to it.

Reactions: Leytonstone
Sad that they can’t be arsed to change one setting within existing ECMode configuration property to significantly improve paid-for features.

However, at the end of the page below there’s the mention of 1st September 2027 until such regulation becomes mandatory for existing ALKS!

Last edited:
A case could also be made, that the Government should rescend all human drivers licenses, as they have been proven to be incapable of operating vehicles without crashing them, killing innocent people or in violation of established traffic laws.

People say they are good drivers, but experience has shown that most all drivers are flawed.

People say they are good drivers, but experience has shown that most all drivers are flawed.
That is intense. Is it most or is it all?

Bit off topic but In the meantime we just received an email from the police saying that someone will be served a NIP as a result of video footage from one of our cars.

I think if cameras were mandatory on all cars, people would be think twice about misbehaving and putting others at serious risk.