Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how this was Model 3 reveal, part 2.

Well, let's see, I said "anything related to the S or X would just be features, not a new product."

and @racer26 attacks with "Did you crawl out from under a rock in the last 5 minutes? Elon said over an hour ago that tonight's announcement is what he previously referred to as M3 Part 2."

is it possible that Elon and I were under the same rock, since this wasn't M3 Part 2? I didn't see him there. LOL.

Anyway, I posted a while ago that this may be AP 3.0 and/or Tesla glass.

I think the extra 2 days to put this info out paid off.

• Disagree
Reactions: esk8mw and racer26
Look, it's been said again and again on this forum, rightly so: technical advances and new features really doesn't make the stock jump. What does is stuff that will definately impact the bottom line. Point in case: Tesla Network, Tesla hosted autonomous ride sharing - Tesla shares profits with customer. Boom.

We've been over this up and down, the analysis has been done at least in broad strokes, there's nothing to misunderstand: Cars typically spend something like 16-20 hours standing still. EVs are far cheaper to operate and will only get cheaper. Autonomous driving cuts out the cost of the human driver. They will be able to undercut any competition and still be profitable, and because of the lower price the personal autonomous car ride giving market will explode. Good times.

I wonder how long before we start seeing:

Screenshot 2016-10-19 19.48.00.png

Automatic charge connection Superchargers...

Please note that using a self-driving Tesla for car sharing and ride hailing for friends and family only is fine, but doing so for revenue purposes will only be permissible on the Tesla Network, details of which will be released next year.

Oops. Good bye Uber and Lyft.

And Mobileye. Tesla is saying that they have an (almost) functioning and deployed system that Mobileye is promising to create by 2019. Short Mobileye was the trade, Uber won't feel an impact until fleets of Model III hit the road and regulatory approval is complete. Meanwhile Tesla has the sensors and is gathering more and more (need I say meta) data. This is a long-play, and a smart one. Adam Jonas is going to take credit for this.

Will be surprised if Mobileye doesn't experience some downgrades on this development.

i'd like an apology from the board. there was a lengthy discussion about 5 days ago regarding Tesla's autopilot and the realistic possibility of full autonomy based on the idea that AP2.0/autopilot features might be the subject of today's announcement which dissolved into incredible thrashing suggesting trolling and hatred. that was an incredibly relevant discussion... minus the defensive posts which caused substantial noise.

and here we are... about to have a lengthy discussion on just that subject.

i am not a troll... and when I make a claim that Elon is Tweeting product announcements at critical support levels... i'm not just spewing my troll goo... i'm actually just stating an honest opinion.

Good luck with that! LOL.

There are too many people here who bash others for having a differing, less than 100% positive viewpoint, on all things Tesla.
Fortunately, there are enough others who are actually willing to have a discussion and explore different viewpoints.

(I also mentioned AP 3.0)

Keep posting and just use the ignore and/or report option when you are personally attacked.

What is the point of putting all this hardware into the cars when self driving is at least 10 years away.... (satire - targeted at the stupid trolls).
This is exciting. Makes the GM Bolt look even more pathetic. S, X, and Model 3 are way ahead of everything else and the lead just got bigger. I will wait to upgrade my Model S again until the self driving is fully functional, but from the looks of things, it will probably be in only a year or two. Need to start saving again.... Damn you Elon! You keep making your product so much better every 2 years that you keep forcing me to upgrade! Mercedes owners are lucky - they can keep their cars 5-10 years because it is the same old crap from Mercedes every year anyway....

This is BIG. Full level 5 autonomy HW now. 40x compute power and 8 cameras!
please don't accept this announcement as indisputable truth... there is virtually zero reason to equip vehicles with fully autonomous hardware at this time... there are many potentially critical paths to overcome that will take many years... deploying level 5 features today makes absolutely no sense and in my opinion is being used for hype.

I can't believe some people are disappointed.

The first ever production self driving car hardware set and people would rather see a car interior?

It remains to be seen how quickly the software can be rolled out, and how well it performs. Sorry, but if Tesla had announced this with working software at least to the 1.0 Autopilot level, people would not be as disappointed.

This "announcement" is half-baked.

I wonder how long before we start seeing:

View attachment 199250

Automatic charge connection Superchargers...

This is an essential part of the puzzle. There could be no true autonmous driving without autonomous and automatic supercharging. This means they've considered use cases where cars are driving around empty (with goods or on their way to pick someone up, or to park or charge) or with people working or sleeping in them.

So if I understand the announcement correctly, there is no need for me to delay my purchase of a new S or X as they have all the hardware bells and whistles essential to enable highly desired forthcoming features. Of course, now my 9 month old 90D is now crap :-(
Not really, I have a nearly 4 year old Model S with 70k miles. Every time I get in it I am still smiling!

So if I understand the announcement correctly, there is no need for me to delay my purchase of a new S or X as they have all the hardware bells and whistles essential to enable highly desired forthcoming features. Of course, now my 9 month old 90D is now crap :-(
'

This is why one must invest in TSLA if one is to own their cars. As costly as it can be to be an early adopter of TSLA it's still going to be far more profitable to be an early investor in TSLA.

Implications of this are astounding, truly phenomenal!

All cars from here on forward have abililty for self driving. Elon is predicting LA to New York by 2017.

That means we are a year away from a self driving fleet. With it comes ability to generate MASSIVE REVENUE through ride sharing service. This is what Adam Jonas was talking about all along!!

Amazing!

Now where is that poster who claimed we were at least 10 years from full autonomy? :rolleyes:

It remains to be seen how quickly the software can be rolled out, and how well it performs. Sorry, but if Tesla had announced this with working software at least to the 1.0 Autopilot level, people would not be as disappointed.

This "announcement" is half-baked.

No, this is a nice juicy steak. Be patient, sizzle to follow

So...any guess on the new Adam Jonas price target? I think that information about the Tesla Network should be very meaningful to him. I imagine that he'll go to $400+ again, but maybe he wait until after earnings and the merger vote.

The market didn't believe him last time, but this time they probably will now that there is evidence - I expect his next price target update to have a similar impact to his post-gigafactory announcement price target update, when I think the stock had its biggest ever single day price move (at least, I made far more money that day than any other).

I'm thinking he'll probably go big when he does, but he lost a lot of credibility with previous big upgrades so I wouldn't be surprised if he waits a little longer until we can see some steak with a big self-driving upgrade. Maybe it will come tomorrow though I don't know. I don't think it really matters though because I'm guessing after earnings, the solar thing, and the merger call he'll come out with an upgrade just based on those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.