Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd like an apology from the board. there was a lengthy discussion about 5 days ago regarding Tesla's autopilot and the realistic possibility of full autonomy based on the idea that AP2.0/autopilot features might be the subject of today's announcement which dissolved into incredible thrashing suggesting trolling and hatred. that was an incredibly relevant discussion... minus the defensive posts which caused substantial noise.

and here we are... about to have a lengthy discussion on just that subject.

i am not a troll... and when I make a claim that Elon is Tweeting product announcements at critical support levels... i'm not just spewing my troll goo... i'm actually just stating an honest opinion.

I'm relatively underwhelmed. I don't see the market reacting in any significantly (positive) way regarding this tomorrow. Perhaps with a little more color this could have been something. I don't think the average consumer or market maker will be moved by a few words stating "lower the financial cost of transportation for those who own a car and provide low-cost on-demand mobility for those who do not." /sigh. I hope I'm incorrect.
Yeah, the one positive overall theme though is that full autonomy is here WAY earlier than the industry predicted or projected....think about all those other car makers saying they will have it around 2021.....so the stock doesn't jump like we want it to, Tesla will continue to get orders and then the Model 3 next year.....they will dominate in our culture.

I'm relatively underwhelmed. I don't see the market reacting in any significantly (positive) way regarding this tomorrow. Perhaps with a little more color this could have been something. I don't think the average consumer or market maker will be moved by a few words stating "lower the financial cost of transportation for those who own a car and provide low-cost on-demand mobility for those who do not." /sigh. I hope I'm incorrect.

Not sure what your investment time frame is, but I'm in for the long term. This will continue to drive demand upwards and is a great indicator of how Tesla is years ahead of everyone else. I'd also hate to be Uber right now.

Yeah, the one positive overall theme though is that full autonomy is here WAY earlier than the industry predicted or projected....think about all those other car makers saying they will have it around 2021.....so the stock doesn't jump like we want it to, Tesla will continue to get orders and then the Model 3 next year.....they will dominate in our culture.

This announcement is going to be REALLY controversial.

Ouch! This is bad news. The stock will fall like a rock tomorrow...
No HUD, no new interior or any Model3 specific info, just new AP hardware.
The market hates AP at the moment, plus the restriction of functionality of new cars => bears and short will have a field-day with this :(
Maybe, as Elon had stated, no money needs to be raised. Maybe stock price (at this time) does not matter to him?

Reactions: Krugerrand
The thing I'm worried about is that the software isn't ready. Tesla has decided to replace Mobileye with their own technology - that's fine. But until it is DONE, Tesla has no idea how long it is going to take to replicate Mobileye, or even if it is possible. Hopefully, for Tesla's sake, that they are very far down the path of making this work.

• Helpful
Reactions: mmd
Implications of this are astounding, truly phenomenal!

All cars from here on forward have abililty for self driving. Elon is predicting LA to New York by 2017.

That means we are a year away from a self driving fleet. With it comes ability to generate MASSIVE REVENUE through ride sharing service. This is what Adam Jonas was talking about all along!!

Amazing!

I'm curious as to what needed more refinement. The blog even has a typo. No video, no Model 3 specifics in the 'Model 3 Part 2' reveal? Current cars lose Autopilot for an indeterminate time?

Tell me there's more. Please.
Maybe they were hoping not to temporarily lose autopilot, then decided after further testing to play it safe?

Reactions: Lessmog
Ouch! This is bad news. The stock will fall like a rock tomorrow...
No HUD, no new interior or any Model3 specific info, just new AP hardware.
The market hates AP at the moment, plus the restriction of functionality of new cars => bears and short will have a field-day with this :(

Yeah, I agree that short term, this is not good news at all. People who take delivery of Teslas with new hardware will be happy… until they find out none of the 1.0 features work and it will take time to restore them. That could actually harm sales in the next few months.

In the long run, probably positive that all Model 3 will have this. But I suspect the near term will be rocky. Not good.

• Funny
Reactions: stealthology
(I would write a short post about being disappointed in tonight's non-event event and the way we were all led by Elon to believe this was about Model 3 Part 2, but I won't because it is the nature of this web forum software that people would just pile on the dislikes which I really don't like accumulating and they really do have a chilling effect on participation here. And I won't say anything about how I'd have rather seen a quiet announcement of improved media player support including playlists and iPods and smartphones.)

I'm curious as to what needed more refinement. The blog even has a typo. No video, no Model 3 specifics in the 'Model 3 Part 2' reveal? Current cars lose Autopilot for an indeterminate time?

Tell me there's more. Please.

Maybe they had to produce the last few 1st-generation AP cars these last two days before they could say that all production is now L5 sensors.

WOW. The real info is hidden in the order page. Read the new "Enhanced Autopilot" ($5k) and "Full Self-Driving Capability" ($3k)options. Particularly the part about "Tesla Network", which seems to be the self driving taxi.
eap.JPG
full.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.