Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought last set of LEAPs today at the dip....go ahead and rip.

Funny that you can find almost any TA to justify where TSLA will go next. Pretty broken, but this I found interesting -

Tesla Is About to Bounce Back -- Time to Buy Is Now, Charts Say - TheStreet

oversold to 99th%? Interesting.

Sounds good. I like your move. We're only 4 days away from a major price action event (earnings) and we are extremely oversold. Makes sense to me. We all know there's going to be a major gap higher at some point (ER, M3 reveal, or macro changes, etc). If I was short and had paper gains, I'd certainly consider covering some position before earnings.

Bought last set of LEAPs today at the dip....go ahead and rip.

Funny that you can find almost any TA to justify where TSLA will go next. Pretty broken, but this I found interesting -

Tesla Is About to Bounce Back -- Time to Buy Is Now, Charts Say - TheStreet

oversold to 99th%? Interesting.

I've seen TA charts stating TSLA is going to $120/share and others stating the exact opposite. Honestly, it's all about the earnings next week and macro market climate. Just in case, because I am a optimist with pessimistic bend... I put a large large buy limit at $121/share for some amazing moonshot sale pricing on this company. Buying on the way down hurts when you see the red pop up daily, but knowing full well the stock price does not reflect the company itself is heartening. Those investing on margin or with money you can't lose will cloud judgement. This strategy overall has not failed me for the last 8 years when I started playing in the markets with risk capital... choose good companies with solid growth potential and buy on big dips. Sell on the way up when the stock goes parabolic, but always keep a core position for the long term (unless fundamentals of the company changes). My buddies think I'm crazy when they ask me how my TSLA stocks are doing and I say "I wish they'd go lower!", I said that when the price was $210 ish.... bought larger and larger tranches at every $8-10 drop point. Must be one of the few salivating at the low prices.

Good luck to all.

I'm thinking about selling my last 500 shares and buying leaps. Everything else is in options already.
However, options settle in one day and stock takes 3 days. I have to wait 2 days before buying.
With the luck I have there is going to be face ripping rally in the next 2 days if I sell.
Thoughts? No chance we go over over 190 before opening Monday, right?

I'm thinking about selling my last 500 shares and buying leaps. Everything else is in options already.
However, options settle in one day and stock takes 3 days. I have to wait 2 days before buying.
With the luck I have there is going to be face ripping rally in the next 2 days if I sell.
Are you sure your broker won't float the money for 2 days? Obviously you won't be able to sell the LEAPs you buy but I know my broker does give me that 2 day interest free loan so I can do just that without having to wait. And it is a cash account.

I'd be careful here. think of how far we have fallen in such a limited time (75 down since end of 2015). I think IMO there is a strong chance of a rally soon- but maybe not before ER.

I'd be careful here. think of how far we have fallen in such a limited time (75 down since end of 2015). I think IMO there is a strong chance of a rally soon- but maybe not before ER.
Yeah, I'd tolerate $20 up in the next 2 days, but anything more, and I'd be really annoyed I got left behind.

I’m with TD Waterhouse in Canada, registered plan, and their risk department is separate, from what I understand, they may or may not sell me out in this case, when I’m short on settlement day.

I think I’ll go 40% today, 40% tomorrow, with leap buys on Monday and Tuesday

I get depressed when I realize we have to go up 30 just to get over 200 again. :crying:

Which has been done before in a day...

- - - Updated - - -

Is that the rule in Canada? For me after I converted to a margin account, I don't need to deal with wash-sales and 3 day settlements.

Well, even though I was hoping for a little more than <300 X delivered in 2015, I don't care that much as it is apparent now production is finally ramping up so we can expect thousands to be delivered in the next 4-6 weeks. And if we hit 50-52 or more deliveries in total, no one will care.

I expect we'll know more early next week.... Very exciting.

Why is this apparent? I would be very happy if it was the case, but I am not sure it is. You are right that as soon as we do have the ramp, no one will care. And then they will churn out 50k+ X for 3 years with no competition in sight.

High Anxiety

Putzes statements are malicious with the intent to hurt tesla, "sell before the bottom falls out"
cannot go unanswered

If the bottom doesn't fall out from a nitwit remark, and nothing is stated, then the next time a nitwit statement is made, he can be called on it. Best for Tesla to rise above this noise and continue to worry about execution. Perception will mostly take care of itself if good execution and results occur. It's pretty clear to anyone here (or should be) what is wrong with Lutz's assertions. If they scare you, perhaps you should be scared about Tesla.

That being said, if any of you are losing sleep or having serious anxiety over this, you really should question your tolerance for options. Don't forget that most options expire worthless. And if you are overly concerned about Tesla since the only thing that really has occurred is that the X ramp is slow because some issue, big or small, isn't sorted out yet, you should potentially question your tolerance for this highly volatile stock in the short term.

Bears are going to paint every glitch as a reason to panic. Tesla should focus on under promising and then touting over delivery once they accomplish it. and that would probably help all of us longs.

Buying high and selling low is not a good formula for a wall street strategy.

Over 100,000 shares bought at 2 PM today causing about a $1.50 in appreciation in stock price. Very low volume since that time.

Yeah, very low volume. No buyers, no sellers at $174. Quiet. Just like before storm. Hope it doesn't start before my funds clear.

I was just thinking back to fundamental strengths and how I decided to invest in FB. Rode it from 24 to 75, with some buying along the way. It took some prolonged periods of patience. It could be relatively lonely when you see future before the mass public.

And then, early last I recognized TSLA as company that can do the same thing, go 3x-4X , maybe 10X SP given enough time. Nothing has changed since, except that I've been introduced to 'Elon' timelines :)

If the bottom doesn't fall out from a nitwit remark, and nothing is stated, then the next time a nitwit statement is made, he can be called on it. Best for Tesla to rise above this noise and continue to worry about execution. Perception will mostly take care of itself if good execution and results occur. It's pretty clear to anyone here (or should be) what is wrong with Lutz's assertions. If they scare you, perhaps you should be scared about Tesla.

That being said, if any of you are losing sleep or having serious anxiety over this, you really should question your tolerance for options. Don't forget that most options expire worthless. And if you are overly concerned about Tesla since the only thing that really has occurred is that the X ramp is slow because some issue, big or small, isn't sorted out yet, you should potentially question your tolerance for this highly volatile stock in the short term.

Bears are going to paint every glitch as a reason to panic. Tesla should focus on under promising and then touting over delivery once they accomplish it. and that would probably help all of us longs.

Buying high and selling low is not a good formula for a wall street strategy.

Regreattably Elon keeps over promising and under delivering on time . In the past lutz the putz said he does not
give stock advice, though now he does . The stock price remaining high is critical for tesla in raising capital.
Defending against his falsehood is absolutely necessary in defending stockholders too.

Regreattably Elon keeps over promising and under delivering on time . In the past lutz the putz said he does not
give stock advice, though now he does . The stock price remaining high is critical for tesla in raising capital.
Defending against his falsehood is absolutely necessary in defending stockholders too.

He has to do that because of how the company is managed. According to several sources Tesla and SpaceX is always on a really tight schedule and employees are having a tough time in that respect. You can't have deadlines internally and then communicate something else to Wall Street.

This is one of the misunderstanding about the delays. It is not because of bad execution but unrealistic deadlines (that causes the company to work really hard). It is the same with Model X. The problem was the deliveries that happened in Q3 2015, it is not the ramp time or the problems they experienced with it. I think we can assume the ramp time is normal for a complicated car like this is.

Now if things takes another quarter then there is real trouble.

I am sure that this will spark quite a debate that should be good for Tesla and TSLA:

President Barack Obama will propose a $10 per barrel charge on oil to fund clean transportation initiatives as part of his final budget request next week.
Oil companies would pay the fee, which would be gradually introduced over five years.
"By placing a fee on oil, the President's plan creates a clear incentive for private sector innovation to reduce our reliance on oil and at the same time invests in clean energy technologies that will power our future," the White House said in a statement.

No comments about Obama proposing a $10 per barrel tax on oil to fund clean transportation initiatives?
This has to be good for everyone but the fossil fuel industry and those with ICEs.

I guess vgrinshpun pressed his enter a second before me

Status
Not open for further replies.