Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Putzes statements are malicious with the intent to hurt tesla, "sell before the bottom falls out"
cannot go unanswered

Yep, it can go unanswered and it wouldn't surprise me even a little bit. Oh, there might be a little side remark down the road at some point that ties back...Elon is like an elephant and has a very long memory, but there's really no need to address it in this moment. It's just some old guy who's past his time in the industry hanging on for longer than he should. Not everyone knows how to do retirement.

Yep, it can go unanswered and it wouldn't surprise me even a little bit. Oh, there might be a little side remark down the road at some point that ties back...Elon is like an elephant and has a very long memory, but there's really no need to address it in this moment. It's just some old guy who's past his time in the industry hanging on for longer than he should. Not everyone knows how to do retirement.

This is guy that called global warming a 'crock of s***' right? His obviously impaired judgement is utterly irrelevant. Not worth a mV of action potential on a single Muskoid axon.

Or he was "encouraged" (read: paid) by GM / fossil / NADA to spread doubt. His rate is probably cheap too.

ANY positive news to come out of Tesla you are going to see a HUGE rip in the share price. I'm talking HUGE. The market is tilted so short at this point and the price has overshot even aggressive correction estimates. The market tends to overshoot both on the up AND downside.

In a market like this anything positive out of Tesla will likely cause yet another drop in the stock price. The insanity just has to run its course. Per Keynes: "Markets can remain irrational a lot longer than you and I can remain solvent."

Who exactly is selling here after a 120 point retrace from the highs? Don't listen to lutz, he claims the X is unbuildable because of the doors. Why on earth would you sell here?? 168, I must need to get my eyes checked

I didn't sell at 275, I didn't sell at 255. Why would I sell at 168. I'll be holding until the Model 3 comes, and probably much longer. These guys are still trying to kill the electric car.

read that too. everybody is welcome to their opinion but whether short or long this one is just wrong factually. if he thought stock would drop post call then he should have exercised after the call. after all his cost to exercise is the same except for taxes. if he thought it er would drop the stock price he would have saved a lot on the taxes. wasnt the writer bloomberg? they should be technically correct at least

read that too. everybody is welcome to their opinion but whether short or long this one is just wrong factually. if he thought stock would drop post call then he should have exercised after the call. after all his cost to exercise is the same except for taxes. if he thought it er would drop the stock price he would have saved a lot on the taxes. wasnt the writer bloomberg? they should be technically correct at least

Forbes contributor...

ah crap, missed the buying opportunity in the morning. maybe it will come again..

Me too.... ugh, set a small buy at $166 and it didn't hit. Next time I checked it we are at $174.... Accumulating shares on the cheap is hard to do and such guesswork.

- - - Updated - - -

"Sell now before the bottom falls out!" -Bob Lutz on Tesla stock

This has got to be the best buy indicator of the week. An old dinosaur who isn't in the financial industry (and hence can say whatever he wants without SEC investigations) goes on TV early in the morning to encourage weak hands to sell a stock like crazy so shorts can have one last push to cover. He can use the fact that he was formally with GM to say he's inherently biased against Tesla not for money reasons but because he's from GM... so he can make these statements. Meanwhile, we have no idea what happens in offshore accounts between people after the shorts make their payday.

You can't beat these market makers at their own game. The game is rigged and you either play along or get slaughtered. Someone out there is accumulating shares, for every seller there's a buyer. I feel bad for us retail investors who can't stay liquid or need the cash now for margin calls etc... because it's the big boys who will be scooping up whatever stock you own at a discount. If you went to the supermarket last week and a box of cookies was $10.00, and today it's on sale for $5.00.... are you gonna freak out? No, you'd stock up on more cookies because them cookies are good! Same with TSLA.

Love this guy's analysis: Electric Slide: Tesla Motors Is the Worst Stock in the World

So at $175/share TSLA is valued like Ferrari.... but his argument is that "Ferrari is profitable". Well, Tesla would be as well if they weren't busy building the worlds best charging infrastructure, and a Gigafactory for it's fuel. Also, they are developing their newer cars. What about the backlog of orders for the Model X worth $4B?

Essentially, this article shows that at $175/share, TSLA is priced properly assuming it shuts all growth capex and continues to be the best selling luxury Sedan.

Love this guy's analysis: Electric Slide: Tesla Motors Is the Worst Stock in the World

So at $175/share TSLA is valued like Ferrari.... but his argument is that "Ferrari is profitable". Well, Tesla would be as well if they weren't busy building the worlds best charging infrastructure, and a Gigafactory for it's fuel. Also, they are developing their newer cars. What about the backlog of orders for the Model X worth $4B?

Essentially, this article shows that at $175/share, TSLA is priced properly assuming it shuts all growth capex and continues to be the best selling luxury Sedan.

True airhead. It's not even Ferrari being fully traded. It's just a percentage of the company and it's owned by Fiat chrysler. For the kids/novices on this forum take EVERYTHING bull and bear (on this forum or not) you read with a grain of salt. Self proclaimed pros are probably idiots.

What killed me was him saying Model S has 100% market share for Pure - EV's. Countering the bear market thesis that Model S has Tesla Killers coming along. There is so much flawed logic in one sentence it sickens me.

Status
Not open for further replies.