Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Experts in California marriage law.

What will happen to Stocks during a divorce? Will it be frozen? Will it be assigned to the spouse?

Apparently Musk's second marriage with Talulah had no prenup.

Don't like to comment on Elon's personal life but in general terms well advised billionaire serial divorcees with important responsibilities don't wing it when it comes to prenups. Especially not when contemplating marrying someone that has already divorced them once, more or less fresh off a messy divorce that involved an ex trying to get into their business.

Nice girls divorce men like this because at the end of the day once the extreme novelty has worn off it's actually a much higher quality of life to be the millionaires significant other of a really nice guy than the insignificant other of a great man with five kids.

I'm sure she will do very well financially professionally and socially out of a unique experience these past 18 months that many, many women would have very gladly paid good money for. Beyond there lies FUD.

Last edited:
So... weak longs cashing out? Anyone actually paying attention to what UBS wrote? NASDAQ is going up and oil is down but going up, so TSLA weakness is mostly its own. Selling ahead of news?

I just don't think Tesla + Musk is going to show us a flop. There's going to be a lot of pain and elation on Friday regardless.

Don't like to comment on Elon's personal life but in general terms well advised billionaire serial divorcees with important responsibilities don't wing it when it comes to prenups. Especially not when contemplating marrying someone that has already divorced them once, more or less fresh off a messy divorce that involved an ex trying to get into their business.

Nice girls divorce men like this because at the end of the day once the extreme novelty has worn off it's actually a much higher quality of life to be the millionaires significant other of a really nice guy than the insignificant other of a great man with five kids.

I'm sure she will do very well financially professionally and socially out of a unique experience these past 18 months that many, many women would have very gladly paid good money for. Beyond there lies FUD.

Don't be a jerk, she was already with/ married to him once so this experience probably wasn't that unique to her and you have no idea of their significance to each other.

Just as a note to myself...
Near the bottom in Feb (about $160's), this week's $240's, $245's, and $250's were selling about 25% less than they are today. The run up made them go up 5x, but they peaked last week on Monday/Tuesday. Then it became apparent that the stock price wouldn't hold those levels, so they sold off hard. I just picked some up. I still have $175's, and those held most of their value since, well, they're $175's and they behave like stock now. I bought $230's last week at the big dip and they are up a bit now... I sold half of those already and just bought some more.

I suspect we will have some gyrations from here on out. No one has yet seen a Model 3 and reported on it in a credible way. We don't have solid delivery reports that are bankable, so plenty of fodder for all sides.

Just as a note to myself...
Near the bottom in Feb (about $160's), this week's $240's, $245's, and $250's were selling about 25% less than they are today. The run up made them go up 5x, but they peaked last week on Monday/Tuesday. Then it became apparent that the stock price wouldn't hold those levels, so they sold off hard. I just picked some up. I still have $175's, and those held most of their value since, well, they're $175's and they behave like stock now. I bought $230's last week at the big dip and they are up a bit now... I sold half of those already and just bought some more.

I suspect we will have some gyrations from here on out. No one has yet seen a Model 3 and reported on it in a credible way. We don't have solid delivery reports that are bankable, so plenty of fodder for all sides.

The next few days will be a large battle between shirts and longs. The Bears will find something they don't like About the 'looks' of the 3 even if it is stunning as 'looks are subjective'. If reservations are huge they will argue that no one will see their vehicles till 2018/19 and the incentives will be gone, if the range is good at 250 miles they will say...but what about cold weather distance...,
Interesting times...what short term story will the bulk of the market believe??
I am positioned with lotto calls short term....

Reactions: StephenM
Don't be a jerk, she was already with/ married to him once so this experience probably wasn't that unique to her and you have no idea of their significance to each other.

Ditto back at ya. Seriously if you imagine the security of marriage can compete for significance with Elon's 80-100 hour week mission for the presevation of human consciousness then you should probably think first and type afterwards. I'm not passing judgement on Elon's personal life, just dealing realistically with the issue of no-prenup FUD in relation to the stock.

Last edited:
Wow, what a bunch of, not sure what animal to use, I thought "rabbits" but not ever sure about animal comparisons ... I sold my little bunch after staying in for a small 0.30 rise, and then everyone else stood around looking at where I sold sniffing at it for five minutes, as if I knew something. Jeez. I got a 0.30 rise. Big whoop.

Well, I think everyone is going to look at the Model 3 and ask, will people be excited to buy it? And people meaning outside the perceived eco-niche and outside the existing Tesla owner base. Secondly, is the Model 3 buildable? Are there hard to build features or expensive things that would delay the production?

Reactions: StephenM
Status
Not open for further replies.