Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am sure this is about to get lost in the noise, but I feel it should be mentioned that I think I came pretty close on seeing this come into happening:

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015 - Page 1619

My running thesis is that 1 of 2 options might be coming forward from these indicators:

1: They are going to get Cash Flow positive in Q4 (or pretty dang close), yes I know, they said they had some MX capex costs that would still be felt this quarter, but dumping out your finished goods inventory is likely to free up some assets that can be converted to sales early. Based on those numbers it feels like there might be around a solid 2-3 weeks of cars sitting in finished goods. If they can drop this out, that is a huge cash shot in the arm.
2: They still only hit the cash flows in Q1, however they will have done it without "cheating" the system by offloading their inventory at the same time. It is clear they are doing this for Q4 and you can't do this 2 months in a row. So here we sit with great cash numbers without having to toy with how finance numbers fall around specific dates and, in fact, would have worked against you. Thereby making a cash flow positive all the sweeter.

Or, my personal favorite, hidden choice number 3: Both quarters push a cash flow positive. This would be the ultimate bear trap, the likes unseen since Q1 2013. The stock would shoot up after the Q4 cash flows, but the bears would be screaming that they cheated and they couldn't do it again. Then along comes Q1 and they do it again, with cash flow positives even greater than Q4 since they won't have the remaining MX capex dragging them down and we still aren't in full swing on the M3. Even if the shorts wanted to double down again, by all means, 2 quarters of shock and awe would be nice.

This was back on Nov 5th. They hit that "They are going to get Cash Flow positive in Q4 (or pretty dang close)" is quite striking, and then to state for certain cash flow positive in Q1! :D

What I am surprised about, and am absolutely loving is the statement of non-GAAP positive EPS for 2016 and GAAP positive for Q4 2016. I really am looking forward to this year. It is disappointing that the shorts were able to use the macro to enable a price dive to the 140s, but I am certainly piling on tomorrow and will likely do a split of new shares and some longer options.

Status
Not open for further replies.