Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to admit, the thought about selling came up but reminded myself that this is an overreaction or capitulation. The first five minutes was painful to watch, seeing almost -10% down for a lot of stocks with TSLA and SCTY around -13% each, and an hour later we already bounced back significantly (TSLA now -2%, SCTY +7%).

I heard on the radio that some circuit breakers were triggered to slow down the selling pressure. Anyone can confirm this? Or is this a case of smart money moving in to pick up the pieces?

Rule 48 or whatever was invoked.

AAPL just went green. TSLA just might close green. This is one of the more stunning intraday reversals I have seen and I will not forget it. But I did not call it.

Dow was down 1,000 and is now up almost 700 points from that morning low. Just stunning.

From "market crash of 2015" to "kind of a crappy market day" in three hours.

Tonight in China, either:

1) MOST GLORIOUS PEOPLES GOVERNMENT STOCK MARKET PROP-UP TO STOP EVIL SHORTS RESTARTED
2) We don't understand stock markets, so go ahead and sell.

Both are bearish for Chinese market, but the question here is how much linkage to US market is there / should there be.

Going to be a wild week.

Rule 48 or whatever was invoked.

Trading halted for 15 mins prior to market open....

0824 opening.jpg

chinacensor.png

Looks like MOST GLORIOUS STOCK MARKET PROP-UP will continue tonight. China's market is being exposed for its infantile nature, and its government is showing how it either does not want to or cannot mature its market into a global-grade competitor. Honestly, they deserve a comeuppance.

TSLA does not have a significant Chinese exposure issue, but that doesn't mean we are out of the woods yet.

Still a stunning day.

AAPL just went green. TSLA just might close green. This is one of the more stunning intraday reversals I have seen and I will not forget it. But I did not call it.

Dow was down 1,000 and is now up almost 700 points from that morning low. Just stunning.

From "market crash of 2015" to "kind of a crappy market day" in three hours.

Tonight in China, either:

1) MOST GLORIOUS PEOPLES GOVERNMENT STOCK MARKET PROP-UP TO STOP EVIL SHORTS RESTARTED
2) We don't understand stock markets, so go ahead and sell.

Both are bearish for Chinese market, but the question here is how much linkage to US market is there / should there be.

Going to be a wild week.

And we're green! Incredible, who would have thought so after seeing the price action this morning. Apparently TSLA has tripped the short sale restriction and it's in place until Wednesday, at least it says so in my Interactive Brokers platform.
I understand the reasoning behind short-sell restrictions and various other rules that have gone into place after the 07-08 crash... But why don't we have the same restriction on upticks. If I can't short sell following downticks after a large move down, I shouldn't be buy on upticks after a large move up... Seems to make sense, otherwise, people can just borrow to pump and dump just like borrowing to short and cause panic selling...

I understand the reasoning behind short-sell restrictions and various other rules that have gone into place after the 07-08 crash... But why don't we have the same restriction on upticks. If I can't short sell following downticks after a large move down, I shouldn't be buy on upticks after a large move up... Seems to make sense, otherwise, people can just borrow to pump and dump just like borrowing to short and cause panic selling...

I never did understand restrictions on short selling in it self. It's just the opposite of going long. Needed for a healthy stock market. But perhaps more prone to manipulation?

Actually, as I was watching CNBC today, this TV host was talking about a specific stock, which I can't remember the name of, that was halted on its uptick either today or at some other point, so it seems it's in place.

At least here in America, there is a large group of people that think short selling is evil and view it as anti-American. It has been under attack for a while now.

Brilliant. If people are only allowed to buy, not sell, not sell short then the stock market will go up forever and ever. I guess that's kind of what the Chinese government has tried.

Actually, as I was watching CNBC today, this TV host was talking about a specific stock, which I can't remember the name of, that was halted on its uptick either today or at some other point, so it seems it's in place.

He was talking about Ford being halted for *moving up too fast* in this morning's massive rally, not the other way around.

Just google Dodd-Frank circuit breaker SEC if you want to know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.