Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never posted to this thread and don't do anything fancy trading wise, just buy a little when it seems low and occasionally sell a little when it seems high. This morning I blindly hit the buy button in all the chaos and .. well. This will never happen again, lol. Hopefully a good buy!

2015-08-24_9-38-37.jpg

I've never posted to this thread and don't do anything fancy trading wise, just buy a little when it seems low and occasionally sell a little when it seems high. This morning I blindly hit the buy button in all the chaos and .. well. This will never happen again, lol. Hopefully a good buy!

View attachment 91725

Let me know the next time you are going to blindly press the BUY button! :biggrin:
Nice catch.

Good trade Zarwin and holy cow this recovery is nice.

Reminds me of when my Dad told me he took my advice and bought some TSLA. He put in a limit order for $99. It was over $100 at the time and I said I was concerned it wouldn't fill. His order filled and I think he is one of the last people to ever buy for under $100 because that dip was the last time it happened.

Hopefully some of today's <200 buyers can make the same claim.

View attachment 91725

9:37 = balls of steel

Congrats. Hope that black square covers a lot of zeroes ;-)

Well, I didn't end up buying TSLA today... the window was too tight. I did end up with some SEDG. Of course, you probably could have bought pretty much anything this morning. The real question is what happens from now... the carnage that was the options pricing this morning... I still didn't see what I wanted. I'm hoping we settle out a big here...

I would have bougt at 200ish, but my brokerage account (Merrill Edge) was barely online. I placed the order and hit submit and the site completely froze.. When i was finally able to sign back in and check my order status, there was no order placed and the price was already back up to 215.

This crash smacks of a cascade of hedge funds forced to liquidate, probably ones over leveraged to the Chinese market. When this happens you see wholesale dumping followed by a sharp recovery like this as they sell all of their positions, good and bad, and fold. Eventually, others not so poorly leveraged and positioned come in and pick up the pieces. Thinning of the forest and all.

Give it a few days to stabilize, as other people, margined out, may themselves be forced to sell.

This crash smacks of a cascade of hedge funds forced to liquidate, probably ones over leveraged to the Chinese market. When this happens you see wholesale dumping followed by a sharp recovery like this as they sell all of their positions, good and bad, and fold. Eventually, others not so poorly leveraged and positioned come in and pick up the pieces. Thinning of the forest and all.

Agreed. If this were a full crash, the dollar would not be down against the euro and gold would be up.

Have to admit, the thought about selling came up but reminded myself that this is an overreaction or capitulation. The first five minutes was painful to watch, seeing almost -10% down for a lot of stocks with TSLA and SCTY around -13% each, and an hour later we already bounced back significantly (TSLA now -2%, SCTY +7%).

I heard on the radio that some circuit breakers were triggered to slow down the selling pressure. Anyone can confirm this? Or is this a case of smart money moving in to pick up the pieces?

Give it a few days to stabilize, as other people, margined out, may themselves be forced to sell.

Maybe Chanos is one of them.....SCTY is up 10%!

everybody who bought under $200 - congrats :)
I think today low might be low in bigger correction. And we are not in downtrend. Same applies to Apple.... Hit $92 (my target was $87 but I could always be wrong).

If this will be confirmed - we will have rally to upside.... But for now - nobody knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.