Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
see above, and again really?

Electracity is trolling both TSLA and SCTY threads. What else is new?

What's more likely: Elon and the Tesla team has been lying for several years straight or electricity is wrong?

Also Tesla being production constrained AND producing "according to plan" are not contradictory statements. In case you can't understand it let me explain what Tesla means by being production constrained: "We are producing as many car as we can while maintaining the quality we want and we are increasing our production as fast as logistics and quality control allows us. There is enough demand that were it possible for us to build more cars per unit of time we could without emptying the line of people wanting to buy one, but it's not possible given the reasons above".

30 - MgoX7hS.jpg

You still haven't actually made a point. You keep repeating your conclusion and posting a link to data that can be interpreted in lots of different ways. You've got to give us more than that. What about this data is leading you to this conclusion?

Electracity is trolling both TSLA and SCTY threads. What else is new?

What's more likely: Elon and the Tesla team has been lying for several years straight or electricity is wrong?

Also Tesla being production constrained AND producing "according to plan" are not contradictory statements. In case you can't understand it let me explain what Tesla means by being production constrained: "We are producing as many car as we can while maintaining the quality we want and we are increasing our production as fast as logistics and quality control allows us. There is enough demand that were it possible for us to build more cars per unit of time we could without emptying the line of people wanting to buy one, but it's not possible given the reasons above".

I'm TSLA long, and I may buy more next week. I don't do the fanboy thing with investments. I'm also probably the only person here who has worked in large manufacturing like Freemont.

- - - Updated - - -

Citizen-T said:
You still haven't actually made a point. You keep repeating your conclusion and posting a link to data that can be interpreted in lots of different ways. You've got to give us more than that. What about this data is leading you to this conclusion?

Or just make stuff up to fit the story of exclusivity and rarity?

Sorry, but there has to be some kind of error.
Following the above mentioned link you mentioned above:
Model S Delivery Update - Page 779
I get to the forum thread for deliveries.

As we all know, this is no direct and relyable source to conclude Tesla Motors is currently production constrained.
In case I do not see a missing link in this context, please give me a hint, thanks.

Sorry again, but please provide a source for the information you are posting here.
I could imagine that otherwise people here do not take you serious.

Good to know that you are working in large manufacturing in Freemont, what's your job there?
Very interesting, great to have someone from Fremont factory here!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'm TSLA long, and I may buy more next week. I don't do the fanboy thing with investments. I'm also probably the only person here who has worked in large manufacturing like Freemont.

- - - Updated - - -

Or just make stuff up to fit the story of exclusivity and rarity?

I didn't say there was something wrong with the data. I'm saying that now you have to make the connection. Take us from the data through your reasoning to arrive at your conclusion. You've given us data and conclusion. Fill the gap.

If tesla is not production constrained, they would advertise. Advertising boosts sales. It would be a tremendous mismanagement if they have the capacity to produce more but are not doing so, and we should all revolt as shareholders if this was the case.

It's not.

Enough of this idiocy, let's move on to a real point.

Good to know that you are working in large manufacturing in Freemont, what's your job there?
Very interesting, great to have someone from Fremont factory here!

He did not say he worked in Fremont. He said he'd worked in 'large manufacturing LIKE (what they do in) Fremont'. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

I'll repeat my post from yesterday since I think everyone missed it. JB Straubel will be speaking at a very important event tomorrow, about many very significant things.

Teslas JB Straubel To Keynote Intersolar North America | PV Buzz

Just so you know, I caught it the first time. Thanks for posting, it is very important.

I'll repeat my post from yesterday since I think everyone missed it. JB Straubel will be speaking at a very important event tomorrow, about many very significant things.

I for one will be very interested in what JB has to say, especially in that context. I expect that batteries will accelerate the pace of growth in solar which is already about 45% p.a. globally. Batteries give distributed solar a huge bargaining chip wrt the utilities. So it is very important in an industry meeting like this to discuss how they want to use this leverage. With a little coordination they can crack this market, and this is also why it is so important to have very large players like SolarCity, Vivint Solar and Sunrun. Small local installers just don't have the scale to play hardball with the utilities. So I'll be looking for industry strategy cues from this conference.

Going into Monday, what are people's thoughts on what has been happening with Greece?

My read on it is... nothing concrete has happened either way - it hasn't gotten worse, or better.

Will it have any effect on markets, and TSLA? Or, have we (the markets) isolated ourselves from the fear and can just carry on without worrying about it?

- - - Updated - - -

Very much looking forward to this presentation. He always says a lot about the "backend science" of the company, even if he never makes product announcements.

Found this article on European energy storage project; http://m.pv-magazine.com/news/detai...journey-facing-batteries-in-europe_100020086/

"According to Saft – the French storage company that supplied its lithium-ion batteries to the 2.5 MW rooftop system near Nice – and ERDF, battery storage from the Nice Grid project costs between €500 ($553) and €1,000 ($1,107) per kilowatt hour (kWh)."

"A further 30% in costs would be required for inverters and installation, pushing the technology beyond economic competitiveness in most European markets bar certain parts of Denmark and Germany, where retail power rates are around €0.30/kWh."

Seriously, if these numbers are correct, then Tesla will have a HUGE impact on energy storage in Europe!! Tesla is at 250 $ / kwh, right ?

Last edited:
Found this article on European energy storage project; http://m.pv-magazine.com/news/detai...journey-facing-batteries-in-europe_100020086/

"According to Saft – the French storage company that supplied its lithium-ion batteries to the 2.5 MW rooftop system near Nice – and ERDF, battery storage from the Nice Grid project costs between €500 ($553) and €1,000 ($1,107) per kilowatt hour (kWh)."

"A further 30% in costs would be required for inverters and installation, pushing the technology beyond economic competitiveness in most European markets bar certain parts of Denmark and Germany, where retail power rates are around €0.30/kWh."

Seriously, if these numbers are correct, then Tesla will have a HUGE impact on energy storage in Europe!! Tesla is at 250 $ / kwh, right ?

Exactly. The Tesla offer will reduce cost of such systems by 1/2 to 2/3 of the current price.

This will enable them to address a huge market. For many it has just not been economical to use storage.

It opens up a lot new business cases.

I wonder if and when competition will pitch in. Nothing on the horizon as far as I can tell. All the others are at least twice as expensive and low volume.

We are going to rip today. Retail investors furious they missed buying opportunity. With Greece and China taken care of.....many are not going to care about the strong dollar and potential rate increases. Global Equities Research reiterated “overweight” rating and $385.00 price target. We should breach $265 easily today and that means ATH and Fibinacci extentions are in play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.